Halo: The Master Chief Collection Rumored

VinWarrior

In the wake of the newly announced Halo 5: Guardians, a collection of Halo: CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo 4 all remastered in HD for the Xbox One are rumored to come soon to market!

Halo 5: Guardians already has Halo fans pumped and ready for E3 and beyond, and with so much to decipher about the un-turned stones rooted in this news, I've decided to take a different turn and talk about a recent Halo rumor. Engadget.com recently posted an article themselves confirming the collection, with backing that Microsoft themselves said they would release as much Halo as possible. They stated how 3 year titles would not be frequent, and with Sabre Interactive already working on an unannounced title, could it be possible that it's a large collection for Xbox One rather than just Halo 2 Anniversary, as viable as the idea is? The full description also states that, "Our sources say that the set will zero in on Halo's most famous soldier to refresh audience's memories ahead of Halo 5's release, so curiosities like Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach likely won't be a part of the package. " This could be an off-put for some who love ODST and Reach, as well as the ever-forgotten RTS Halo Wars.

View attachment: HaloCEPoster.jpg

Would you want a Collection of all four of the classics on Xbox One, or do you just want 343i to focus on their core titles? Debate, and be sure to like and comment, thanks for reading!

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

As cool as this is, I don't see why we need a remastered version of Halo 4, or Halo 3 really, it's already fine the way it is, it would just need to be compatible for the Xbox One. Secondly, I'm sure that not just myself, but many others will be saddened by the fact that none of these will be released on the 360. Just because Xbox One is out, doesn't mean the 360 should just be abandoned, seeing that all of these games are already compatible on the 360.

Cause all the Halo after H3 sucked, pretty much once they tried being like COD and adding perks ( armor lock, sprint, promethius vision, evade, hologram....) then power weapons started falling from the sky ( ordinances) H2/H3 were the best because you fight on maps for power weapons, OS/Invis and key holding points on the maps. Now everything is just given to players no skill involved. Halo just feels like COD MW 2552. Hey 343i you've tried the COD way how about you go back to what made Halo one of the best and most played game online, back to H2. Every Spartan looked the same everyone started off with the same gun, and may the best TEAM win. Don't over think it

As cool as this is, I don't see why we need a remastered version of Halo 4, or Halo 3 really, it's already fine the way it is, it would just need to be compatible for the Xbox One. Secondly, I'm sure that not just myself, but many others will be saddened by the fact that none of these will be released on the 360. Just because Xbox One is out, doesn't mean the 360 should just be abandoned, seeing that all of these games are already compatible on the 360.

I'd rather have H2 Anniversary then a collection now, cause all I need is 2 since I have the others anyway :D

I believe that they should stop making 360 games...and focus on xbox one. The reason why Halo 4 did not turn out so well is because 343i had to make the most with what they had. The 360 is getting old, and has very limited power compared to the xbox one. Even though I have no Xbox one, I want Halo to succeed, and grab every ones attention! In a good way.

Why does everyone want the best Halo experiences but everyone wants to hold back by chaining it to the last gen consoles. Contradiction.

Hmm..... I don't know. Probably because the best Halo experience didn't NEED an XBOX ONE. Halo 2 had the best multiplayer of all time, and that wasn't even on the 360. Halo 3 is as close to Halo 2 than any other Halo, being just as good, and it was one of the first major titles for the 360. I'm pretty sure Bungie didn't have near the power of the Xbox One when they made Halo 2, or 3, and they were both fantastic.

I believe that they should stop making 360 games...and focus on xbox one. The reason why Halo 4 did not turn out so well is because 343i had to make the most with what they had. The 360 is getting old, and has very limited power compared to the xbox one. Even though I have no Xbox one, I want Halo to succeed, and grab every ones attention! In a good way.

No! Bad Gravy! Read my previous statement. ^^^^^^

Of course Halo would be even better on the Xbox One! Better graphics and better performance. This is a fact and altough Halo was and still is a milestone for gaming you have to think what potential lies beneath a Halo for Xbox One! All this awesomeness combined in a console that can unfold all the potential an Xbox or Xbox 360 couldn't even dream about! Halo 1,3 and 4 do already exist for Xbox 360 so it wouldn't make any sence to bring it out for the 360 too because of one Halo not existing on that console. With a Halo: The Master Chief Collection for Xbox One four Halo titles would give you a gaming experience that a Halo title never gave you before. No one can decline such a marvellous thing.

Cause all the Halo after H3 sucked, pretty much once they tried being like COD and adding perks ( armor lock, sprint, promethius vision, evade, hologram....) then power weapons started falling from the sky ( ordinances) H2/H3 were the best because you fight on maps for power weapons, OS/Invis and key holding points on the maps. Now everything is just given to players no skill involved. Halo just feels like COD MW 2552. Hey 343i you've tried the COD way how about you go back to what made Halo one of the best and most played game online, back to H2. Every Spartan looked the same everyone started off with the same gun, and may the best TEAM win. Don't over think it

Nail, meet head.

Halo CE Anniversary was a huge disappointment. You couldn't LAN with the original maps. I bought it thinking they would grant access to the entire game with or without their terrible upgraded graphics. Instead, I was saddled with three, I think, maps that were set-up on the horrendous Reach servers. A huge swing and a miss, but then again, we are talking about 343 Industries, just another Microsoft money grab.

Meet me in the Center!

I respect your opinion that everyone starting with the same weapon is pure skill, but I think that skill starts earlier. In Halo 4 it doesn't take long until you've unlocked all weapons, perks etc. You can train your favourite weapon and play with the weapon you want. You can make your own equipment and the first step of skill is to choose which weapon you want to take, which perks and EVERYONE can do it as they want. There is less skill in the mp of Halo 4. The chance to play a class like rouge, wetworker, etc. is the perfect way to keep playing. Without that feature i would've stopped after 20 levels. But this classification gave me a goal and so I continued playing. Everyone playing as the same spartan, with the same weapon would suck so hard because its the same all the time! Halo 4 was a masterpiece and if 343 Industries is smart they try to stay as close as possible to Halo 4.

is this to remind us how good the old ones are and how bad the new ones are.

the way halo 2 and halo 3 were layed out were simple and effective, socially also the best games ever made and as far as gameplay and maps uncomparable. i know things wont go back to simplicity (power weapons giving purpose to map) but the game i knew and spent endless hours at a time on is gone for good, what a shame.

I have no ill-will towards those who like Reach, Halo 4 or Halo Wars for that matter. But they have all have distinct and drastic changes that separate them from Halo CE, Halo 2 and Halo 3 in terms of both MP and Campaign. We could argue till the sky falls and it's not going to change the fact that people who like the newer games have access to MP. While people like me have to schedule months in advance to get what friends we can to LAN because that's all we're left with. I must just be jealous.

Never Follow! 

It's irritating that ODST and Reach won't be in this set. I know, it's called the Master Chief Collection and he wasn't the main role in those games but those were two of my favorite halo games. Halo 4 and Reach are neck and neck on my top favorite slot. I really don't know what eveyones problem with Halo 4 is. That game is great all around. Keep up the good work 343i. Can't wait to see what you give us with Halo 5. So many possibilities with a blu-ray disc for the Xbox One.

I would like to see a Remastered HD version of Halo 3 ODST, maybe even remade properly this time.  I would also like to see Multiplayer Matchmaking done right with Firefight, with new maps and a Vs mode.  ODST Squad Vs Covenant Squad, or failing that ODST Vs ODST.

I would also like to see the Characters fully customisable, as Halo Reach and Halo 4 is now.  Proper Loadouts, and not the bull that is Halo 4, completely exaggerated and pointless.  Some thing real and true to ODST.

I think bringing back the Hornet for MM, as well as Vehicles that were around for Halo 3.  Make Halo interesting again, even if it is not Master Chief, it can still be Halo.