Halo 5's Story already being discussed

Adam91

1fee1cf86299533404f6b3744024b846.jpg

There have been talks discussing what halo 5's story will be, obviously they aren't going to into all details about it yet but some interesting things have been discussed about the next story and also about it being on the next gen console. Read the article below for more details.

Credit to Lil Dog for finding this.

Source: Examiner

"Halo 4" brought Master Chief back in a fitting way this holiday season, but this is only the beginning for what's still to come from the series and on next-generation systems.

According to a report from Product Reviews on Thursday, apparently people are in favor of seeing the next few installments on next-generation platforms.

"We could simply see 'Halo 4': Next-gen land with improved graphics for the Xbox 720 at an event next year, but we’d favor something totally new in the form of 'Halo 5' with some major improvements in physics and graphics, which would be the bonus for the second and third games in this trilogy if they launch on the Xbox 720.

"If 'Halo 5' hasn’t been worked on this year then launching it next year might bring something with limited work done, so again this is why we’d prefer to see a 'Halo 5' more thought-out with a release date in 2014 on the next-gen Xbox," the report stated.

It went on to discuss how the next installment of the series could perhaps explain more about how Master Chief came to be.

"Some of the ideas we’ve seen for the 'Halo 5' story include the possibility of an episode in the theme of “Search for Spock“, which could see Master Chief leave Earth looking for Cortana, although we also hear that a lot of fans want to see how the Spartans were created and how they were broke to make them a Spartan.

"This would also deliver a lot more insight into how MC had been created, and what process he had to go through," the report stated.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Very interesting! One thing I'd like to see is the aftermath of the Covenant civil war. I'v read both Glasslands and The Thursday War books. The Thursday War book left a lot of people in question what's going to happen due to ONI's plan with Sanghelios, which isn't good at all. I won't say so nothing is spoiled. I think were gonna probably see a Déjà vu situation, because Thel 'Vadam (Arbiter) won't be pleased at all to find out what's going on. I'm wondering how 343 is going to finish this story while finishing Chiefs story, filler games maybe?

i can't wait too. i want to se what happens next. i have only read fall of reach. i need to catch up.

Oh definitely. Those two books I read actually makes you understand why Jul 'Mdama (the leader of the split Covenant who are on Requiem) is fighting the humans, I don't blame him and I would too. In Spartan Ops he's the antagonist, he is in a sense in the books, but you come to understand him and his reasoning. You learn also the secrets of Infinity, and of ONI. It also explains how Catherin Halsey survived and so-so. Glasslands was a bit of a slow book, but you have to read it to have an understanding of The Thursday War book.

I think that part of Halo 5's campaign will be the Chief's struggle to decide whether to somehow save and retrieve Cortana (which is his mental desire and his human-like qualities and this will prove he is a human, not a machine) or to save thousands and thousands of humans.

if you look at halo 3 and ODST you have two storys in the same time period about. Now what would be cool is since we have master chief after halo 3, we should see what happens with the arbiter. it could be called HALO:4 Sanghelios. Now just throwing out some thought... what if sanghelios were attacked by something as the arbiter arrived home? or at least bring in another emotionally connecting campaign such as the connection between chief and cortana.

haha wow. Make sure you guys think about effective ways to tell the story this time. Maybe do one or two things really well instead of missing the mark by trying to cover several macro, micro and mid sized stories all at once.

i hope the multiplayer will be awesome like halo 4

i must confess i don't have started yet the halo 4 campaign because multiplayer it's so awesome.

halo 4 for me it's the perfection of a multiplayer game

(Spoiler) One thing I would really like to see is bringing the arbiter back. It seems like the composer turned the humans on earth into prometheans so maybe you could do something similar to the flood infestation and please find a way to get cortana back, the old one not a newer one please.

Hey guys, why not have chief leave earth looking for ol' blue but have terminals explaining the spartans origin with little playable mini bits every now and then?

I want to see humanity form a lasting allience with one of the covenant species (grunt, jackel, hunter) that are not fond of the stronger or more radical believers of covenat religion so that humanity will not seem so alone and outnumbered in the Halo universe

Yeah! I defenitly want to take a look back at Halsey's earlier experiments with the spartans and how they were trained. I don't think 343 should try to intergrate it into halo 5, but maybe go off in a different tangent of the storyline dedicating a whole game (like Bungie's ODST or Reach) to tell the story of the spartan. Because before this game Spartans have kind of been known to like machines. I don't care for shooting the covenant or discovering another alien species as much as I care for learning about the spartans and how they think and work mentally.

Yeah! I defenitly want to take a look back at Halsey's earlier experiments with the spartans and how they were trained. I don't think 343 should try to intergrate it into halo 5, but maybe go off in a different tangent of the storyline dedicating a whole game (like Bungie's ODST or Reach) to tell the story of the spartan. Because before this game Spartans have kind of been known to like machines. I don't care for shooting the covenant or discovering another alien species as much as I care for learning about the spartans and how they think and work mentally.

Similar to what canttouchdiz12 says about fighting inserrectionists, if 343 could make a game pre-covenant/promethean, I think there would be a lot of potential for making an absolutely astounding game!