Halo 5 will not have Armor Abilities

Adam91

gallery_12241_647_6363.jpg

Speculations have been running around for a long time if Armor Abilities will be making a return in Halo 5 and in the Halo 5: Guardians teaser trailer at E3 today it said "All new Spartan Abilities", this lead to further assumption that this caption meant Armor Abilities and therefore they will be returning. But Frank O'Connor (aka Stinkles on Neogaf) responded to a concerned user refarding Armor Abilities.

Frank O'connor confirmed that Armor Abilities would not be making a return and that "Spartan Abilities" does not mean Armor Abilities but they are feature like being able to hijack vehicles.

"Not thrilled that armor abilities seem to be making a return."

Frank replies

"They aren't. The wording is confusing but it means. "features". Using h2 as an example, new features would have been dual wielding and boarding."

So Armor Abilities are not making a return in Halo 5: Guardians, could this be the beginning of Halo going back to it's old roots again? Are you happy or unhappy to hear the confirmation of Armor Abilities not making a return?

Source: neogaf.com

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I'm willing to give it a go, whether they do go back to their old roots or go in a completely new direction.

My only issue with multiplayer online overall is Matchmaking, it just takes too long to find a match and to start a new match.

Does that mean there are no perks, or loadout, or any crap like that? Same chances and posibilities for EVERY player, as in the Halos before Reach? 

Please tell me yes...

I like the armor abilities, but mostly just in Custom games or in one or two game modes. I usually used them to spice things up. I think it would be the best, if they keep the Armor abilities in Forge.

Spartan abilities like hjacking, assasinations and stuff are great. Loadouts? NOT!
(one shouldn't spawn with a power weapon like the Boltshot or a Plasma pistol)

I liked armor abilities, the real reason people were upset about them is because they were different, many people didn't like adjusting. However none of that matters now, what matters is what these spartan abilities are. What I hope it is, is something that will satisfy the people who could never accept AA's but give people like me who like fun things something to use so that halo 5 turns out to be something other than a halo 3 clone.

I'm willing to give it a go, whether they do go back to their old roots or go in a completely new direction.

My only issue with multiplayer online overall is Matchmaking, it just takes too long to find a match and to start a new match.

You do know that there will be dedicated servers right?

Imagine! New Spartan Abilities!

I like the armor abilities, but mostly just in Custom games or in one or two game modes. I usually used them to spice things up. I think it would be the best, if they keep the Armor abilities in Forge.

Spartan abilities like hjacking, assasinations and stuff are great. Loadouts? NOT!

(one shouldn't spawn with a power weapon like the Boltshot or a Plasma pistol)

I am positively sure that Plasma Pistol's are not power weapons...Boltshot's, yesh...

I've always liked the Halo games, though Halo: Reach and Halo 4 felt "off" for me because of the abilities (i enjoyed all the other ones a lot more as they felt like Halo). I'll wait and see how it plays out, but I hope that Halo 5 has the old Halo 1-3 feel that I was expecting the 4th to be like.

I never really felt the Armor Abilities made the game worse.  I loved the abilities in Reach because it really spiced up the monotonous aim-and-shoot gameplay.  You had to use more strategy (i.e. using the guns on a Ghost because your opponent may have Armor Lock).

Please provide evidence to support the assertion that people only dislike armour abilities because they're "different". Isn't it funny then that other things which were "different" did not recieve nearly as much hate as armour abilities have? If something being "different" was all it took for all those people to strongly dislike something, then surely we would expect to see a consistent reaction to literally everything that was "different"... yet somehow we don't.

If you want to demonstrate that people don't have any good reasons for disliking armour abilities, then you'll have to actually address the arguments that are made against them. Are you interested in trying?

I liked armor abilities, the real reason people were upset about them is because they were different, many people didn't like adjusting. However none of that matters now, what matters is what these spartan abilities are. What I hope it is, is something that will satisfy the people who could never accept AA's but give people like me who like fun things something to use so that halo 5 turns out to be something other than a halo 3 clone.

Please provide evidence to support the assertion that people only dislike armour abilities because they're "different". Isn't it funny then that other things which were "different" did not recieve nearly as much hate as armour abilities have? If something being "different" was all it took for all those people to strongly dislike something, then surely we would expect to see a consistent reaction to literally everything that was "different"... yet somehow we don't.

If you want to demonstrate that people don't have any good reasons for disliking armour abilities, then you'll have to actually address the arguments that are made against them. Are you interested in trying?

I feel that the armor abilities sucked. The multiplayer that changed halo for the better was halo2. I'm glad they are returning to the old roots where they should have been from the beginning. if they do bring back abilities it should be like the pick ups they used to have like the bubble shield, over charge ect. Those power ups were better because they weren't abused because they needed to wait for the item to respawn.

halo 5 is going to be horrible. why would you get rid of armor abilities? how did they at all make the game worse? I guarantee you people are going to start that halo 5 is too much like past halos, the same way they complain now about how it's too different.

You and maybe 1500 other idoits agree, but halo 3 is currently out playing halo 4 and that says a lot in its self as a whole. at times theres over 15thousand people online in halo 3, halo 4 is the brand new halo and died pretty fast. somewhere they did something wrong and the problem lays on the same bed as halo reach and halo 4.

Armor abilities were things that if you read the books the spartans could do all of these things with their armor.  If your a fan of the books then the armor abilities going away is like a bit of a let down. I liked the Bubble Shield in 3 and in reach. I never cared to use a jetpack but I did get lot of kills on jetpackers. On Reach I stopped using vehicles almost completely because of armor lock was way overpowered, also never liked using it. I used Sprint most of the time because it should have been always on like in 4, in the books the Spartans could run at full speed for a long period of time, so they should have unlimited sprint in 5. I have only one concern that they don't skimp on the Spartan abilities they should be mind-blowing to say the least, and tons of them(Assassinations from any direction would be really cool).  According to the books the Spartans could do some pretty cool stuff that none of the games even scratch the surface. Do us Proud 343i!!!!

trust me your going in the right direction with this and it seems the more and more i read about the new halo seems to remind me of that familiar game that i spent my whole youth on, good move 343 you may just bring back all those halo fans like me with this one we shall see but im liking what im hearing and by the looks of it by the other comments other are too :)

if you bring back halo 2 button combos that also made the game really interesting as once you honed in all your battle skills then started mastering combos n stuff just made you improve so much as a player, just a thought tho :)

Guest Austin Who enjoyed halo

Posted

Well I'm not buying it now. we were just getting used to it why change it again it added a nice element of customization that halo never had