Dog

halo-4.jpg?w=600

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

We All Know Halo 5 will be a darker halo than halo 4,and it is only the start of the forerunner saga.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Halo 4" was one of the best reviewed games of 2012. The title garnered an 87 aggregate score from Meta Critic and was hailed by reviewers for reinvigorating the franchise. However, developer 343 Industries claims that "it made a ton of mistakes in producing the hit title".

On a blog, franchise development director Frank O'Connor stated that "[Halo 4] wasn't flawless by any stretch of the imagination". But by most objective criteria, it was a resounding success. So we know we have a lot to do. And we know we have a lot to learn. But we also know that we now have the capacity, the teamwork, the technology and the experience to do much better next time."

He added, "We made a lot of mistakes. We can do better. And we know this, and we will."

O'Connor makes no mention about whether the development company has initiated work on the next installment in the venerated franchise but he seems to be excited about the future.

"Technically, this should be a retrospective, but it's safe to say I'm more excited about the future than the past. Excited about what this team is already working on," he wrote. "Excited about what this team is capable of. And excited about the future of Halo. A future we want you to be a part of. A future we're building for you."

The only real information currently known about the next Halo title is that it will be "darker" than the previous installment. Rumors indicate that the game could come out with the launch of the Xbox 720, but with recent release of "Halo 4," the next title is likely a few years away. Reports have claimed that the title is in "early development."

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

My theory is that as Cortana was based on Dr. Halsey, that somehow something will happen to Halsey, leaving her as an empty vessel. At this point they'll wind up putting Cortana into Halsey, as she's basically a digital copy of Halsey anyway. Not sure if it's in Halo 5 or 6, but that's my idea.

Hmm ONI wants Halsey dead... so maybe they will be next 'evil party' of series??? Plus there is no way in hell that Chief let them kill her.

The Cheif and all the othe "MIA" Spartans because spartans never die... all saw Halsey as their mother of sorts. being abducted in the nights and being told they were soldiars at age 7 put a toll on the Spartan II's. so as you are correct the UNSC would not be able to kill Halsey.  In halo4 when Cortana dies it destroys the part of cheif that "makes him human" so now he is just a highly trained Emotionaly dead killing machine.

if the UNSC killed Halsey Cheif would go off the deep end so to say, it would be a terrible action for the game For the UNSC to kill Halsey, however if the prometheuns were to kill her Cheif would go insane. that could be a likely direction if 343 chose to do that. to completely destroy cheif and show  his strugle to find hope as everyone he knows and loves is now dead aka Halsey, Cortana, Cheif Mendez his Drill Instructer (father figure), and all of his brother and sisters of the Spartan II project. Humanity on the brink, master cheif a emotionaly dead shell of a masked hero has to find the will to continue on to save the human race from extinction. maybe Cortana comes back as biological after using the composer come to and finds cheif and shows him that he is not just a machine but a Human.

i think that could be the darkest path that 343 could go down. it would hit the hearts of every true halo player and put a hook into any new player. it shows the darker path yet still i light at the end of the tunnel of 343 industries. hooks a player for life showing us that the Halo Series is not yet over but instead just showing us the hard part and we are in it through it all. not just bad ass cut throught killer but a Human at the heart. a beating pump to continue the game.

The composer was destroyed along with the Didact's ship in the campaign, so i really don't see how she could return as a human, doesn't make sense.

Maybe she saved herself the same way she saved Cheif, with the energy  shield. i mean we dont know how the composer works. maybe it creates a biological being eles wear. we will have to wait for 5 for that.

I hope the flood come back, because the gravemind's mind lives on after death until a new proto-gravemind is created and the mind takes over the body once it's big enough, and the flood are possible from out side the galaxy so maybe more will turn up, then there could be the covernent (arbiter), brutes and co, UNSC, UNSC rebels, Storm covernent, pometheans and sentinals in one massive battle, i hope u can play as the arbiter, as halo 2 is my favourite game, would love to see a remake, anyway, i think the chief will go rampent, either before encountering halsey, or she might turn him into a traitor as the feelings they have for each other are strong, i still hate sarah palmer, but at the end of halo 4, it looks like they might get a thing for each, and lastly i must admit, i was disapointed with the legendary ending, it was a shame to see that at the end, im not saying what, coz its a spoiler, but, it should have remained a secret, until the very end

I don't know about u guys but I do wish Cortania come back bc she is the only main female character in halo...well if Cortania is not coming back, at least make another hot female character in halo5

Cortana is most likely gone for good which sucks but hopfully 343 don't do the pop on the screen and annoy us sort of thing like Bungie did in halo 3.(flash backs would be kinda nice though).

Arbie could make an appearance due to the fact that (if I'm right) the 'Didacts hand' is a elite terriost meaning that him and his troops are religous to the forerunners, unlike Aribie's faction of elites. Plus the small 'b

ond' that he has with master chief from Halo 3 will allow him to be someone to keep MC's sanity in check if worst comes to pass.

As for Master chief he has mostly gotten past Cortana's death as was seen in the epolouge when he said to Lasky "She said that once, about being a machine". Given master chiefs 'feelings' for Cortana It was pretty Bad*** for him to even be able to hold himself together like that and keep his cool. although as other people have stated I would be pretty awsome to see master chief beat an enemy to a polpy mass but not to a servere degree but to the point of just 'blowing of some steam'. Also unlike Bungie, 343 are developing master chief into a character instead of a player controlled shell with like 0.01% emotion.

For the storyline of halo 5 it'll probally be chief going to another forerunner world or ring killing aliens,blowing stuff up and looking like a bad*** afterwards.

I know this isn't a good interpratation of halo 5 but i'll post a better some time in the future.

I think they should bring in Parisa, (The John's childhood sweet heart) and since the spartan 2 program is no longer secret Parisa could find out that the master chief is her childhood friend John, but she get captured by some baddies (Forunners, Storm covenant, covenant loyalists) then the John has to rescue her, possible with the help of the Sepritists, maybe with the help of Thel 'Vadam, and the master chief could do really dark things to get Parisa back like killing ruthlessly and maybe there could be insurrectionists, because having to kill humans would be a really dark twist for halo.

Sorry Ethazoid but I doubt they will bring back Cortana, at least not like that and even if they did to the master chief it just wouldn't be the same, P.S. Agree with you Halo Harry