Halo 4: Some Multiplayer Mode Changes Coming Next Week

Adam91

halo-4-oddball.jpeg

On Monday there will be changes in the multiplayer game types Oddball and King of the hill. Read below for more details

Source:

OXM

Dislike dying in multiplayer shooters? Put off by the idea of developing competence? Not a problem - join a team. You'll have more people to stand behind when the bullets are flying, and what's more, some of those people may be feeble-minded enough to heal you when you shoot your own feet with a grenade launcher. It's just like friendship in reality!

Thanks to the cushioning presence of players whose thumbs are on speaking terms with their brains, the acquisition of skill need never be a priority. Providing, that is, you stay away from certain special Halo 4 playlists. Alas, my fellow oafs - 343 is wise to our coward's tricks and has taken appropriate steps. Next Monday, the developer will add FFA Throwback to the Halo 4 playlists. Its contents: lone-wolf-only variants of Oddball and King of the Hill.

"If you've been dominating these modes with teammates, see how the game changes when it's every Spartan for themselves," gloats Jessica Shea, high mistress of Halo Waypoint. Be merciful, Jessica. I've only just worked out which end of a plasma sword does what.

The FFA Throwback maps are Haven, Adrift, Complex, Solace and Abandon, and you can bring up to seven other players to the party. You'll need 100 points to win on Oddball and 50 to win on King of the Hill, with a 12 minute time limit. Who's man or woman enough to get involved?

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

why did they remove team snipers? i like FFA but they should have team snipers its fun to me and alot of other people. They also need Grifball and double team, i guess Arena will be good, idk? but team snipers is one of my favs and i hope they will return it back. =(

Share this comment

People werent crying for these playlist. People were crying for Lonewolves, MLG, and team doubles. In addition (IN MY OPINION) these are the worst FFA playlists in the history of halo.

Share this comment

Can you please, for the love of god fix flood mode how do you not notice how much bs is in it? I rather play reach zombies 4 shots in the head to kill a super fast high jumping flood. thruster pack should be taken out at least and I know a lot of people that agree with me and last man alive should get something I mean 1v 7 is just not fair even the odds for last man too. if you knew how great zombies where then why did you have to ruin it? just needs a few touches here and there and it would be so much better.

Share this comment

For Halo's sake, just put back the 1-50 level ranking system as well as the competitive/social sections so that everyone can enjoy this awesome game that is Halo !

Share this comment

im sure everybody would be okay with not being able to play halo 4 for a day or two so you guys can fix these problems, everybody that agrees say "I"

Share this comment

Guest AtomicCardinal

Posted

343 you need to get your act together. You relese a game that has a bare minimum of normal playlists (slayer, ctf, oddball) and then add in more normal playlists under the guise of "new" (snipers, swat). And yet bungie released there games with all the normal play lists and then later added new ones to keep it refreshing. Realy? Also, where is the community hub for forged maps? Bungie had one when they released there games, why not you? You had the chance of makeing Halo 4 such a great game and in my opinon, you lost it. Good job.

Share this comment

Halo 4 has some flaws but overall is a work of art. The campaign is breath taking, the graphics are on a whole different level and the multiplayer has so many more options but still plays like halo. They definitely won me over!

Share this comment

everyone that doesnt like halo 4 can suck my left nut and besides i think 343 did a great job on halo 4 and this new game mode sounds good but in my opinion i want griffball

by the way im a beast at griffball biatch

Share this comment

i like this game, it fun, faster. I know 343 is working on a ranking system that will be better then the past games. Team Doubles should be back, but rather have it with the ranking system. I would like to see anyone of you guys that are complaining about this game, try and please millions of people. Its not gonna be perfect, yes some guns are a little over powered, like the needle, but guess what. they limited the ammo so you cant get a killing frenzy. My main gun that upsets me is the boltshot, with the charge shot. over all great game. I would assume that if you are stuck at level 70, you will get the exp u earned once the lift the cab, like BUNGIE did with Reach.

Share this comment

I want to see some Griffball on the playlist, because now with the new oddball changes, it would be freaking AWESOME! But the only chance I get to play is in custom games with only 3 other friends who don't even like Griffball that much. It would be nice to play it once in a while... ::):

Share this comment

THEY SHOULD CHANGE THE PLAYLIST LIKE THE HALO 3, A LIL HINT ONCE YOU REACH LVL 50 PICK PIONEER HIS PERK WILL HELP GAIN MORE XP

Share this comment

Before adding anything new, changes need to be made to fix the problems that are ALREADY here. Most notably, the vehicles placed on the large maps are NOT in ANY way balanced, giving a gauss warthog to one team and leaving a tank just sitting in the middle up for grabs is NOT equal. That leaves the other team with absolutely nothing to fight with but the guns they start with. Exile is the map currently being discussed here but there are others with similar problems like these. I would appreciate taking the time to fix what we already have before adding anything new.

Share this comment

These maps, although better than the reach maps, cannot hold a candle to the halo 2 or halo 3 maps. Sorry bro.

Share this comment

Il be honest, im not unhappy with Halo 4 as a whole.

Its little things like laggy servers (I lose count of the amount of games ive quit to dash on because they dont start) that annoy me.

Ive been playing Halo since day one and 3 has always been the best for me personally, I feel that 4 has done a good job of trying to be like that regarding multiplayer but does fall short in quite a few places.

I for one would like to see some more FFA playlists or even team doubles as they always worked really well for 3 when you cant be bothered to give teamwork lol.

Rank system doesnt bother me much as I just grind away at it having good games and bad, just kicking myself when I lose and not suffering too much because of it.

Well done 343 for not ruining Halo, we'l soon see over the coming months if you listen to your customers and can make the improvements that these long standing gamers are looking for

Share this comment