Halo 4: Some Multiplayer Mode Changes Coming Next Week

Adam91

halo-4-oddball.jpeg

On Monday there will be changes in the multiplayer game types Oddball and King of the hill. Read below for more details

Source:

OXM

Dislike dying in multiplayer shooters? Put off by the idea of developing competence? Not a problem - join a team. You'll have more people to stand behind when the bullets are flying, and what's more, some of those people may be feeble-minded enough to heal you when you shoot your own feet with a grenade launcher. It's just like friendship in reality!

Thanks to the cushioning presence of players whose thumbs are on speaking terms with their brains, the acquisition of skill need never be a priority. Providing, that is, you stay away from certain special Halo 4 playlists. Alas, my fellow oafs - 343 is wise to our coward's tricks and has taken appropriate steps. Next Monday, the developer will add FFA Throwback to the Halo 4 playlists. Its contents: lone-wolf-only variants of Oddball and King of the Hill.

"If you've been dominating these modes with teammates, see how the game changes when it's every Spartan for themselves," gloats Jessica Shea, high mistress of Halo Waypoint. Be merciful, Jessica. I've only just worked out which end of a plasma sword does what.

The FFA Throwback maps are Haven, Adrift, Complex, Solace and Abandon, and you can bring up to seven other players to the party. You'll need 100 points to win on Oddball and 50 to win on King of the Hill, with a 12 minute time limit. Who's man or woman enough to get involved?

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

this is just stupid. i would be amazed to see more than 500 people in this playlist and they would probably be boosters. why don't you guys just add playlists that people want to play. i cant believe that you rushed as fast as you could to get this unfinished game out a week before CoD and you didn't even start with the playlists that people enjoy like doubles. Also how hard is it to put a skill rank in? you win you go up you lose you go down it's not that hard especially when you have previous halo games to learn from. and why no regular FFA slayer? regicide is awful

Completely on board with Cha Boi on this one. I really hope you guys take the time to read the feedback you are getting and evaluate your work based on it. Not to say Halo 4 isn't a major step in the right direction but it's lacking major components that make this game what it is. The ranking system that has now disappeared for two games (Reach and Halo 4) was what gave the game it's competitive edge and a reason for winning. Instead now you have people playing Oddball and KOTH to improve their KD rather than the objective because winning means next to nothing. Nobody cares if you are level 90 already in this game because all you had to do was play a lot but you could have lost every game along the way. Seeing a level 50 in halo 3 and halo 2 (before modding) meant something and it should mean something again so please implement a ranking system. There's no reason you can not have a ranked and unranked playlist like the one in Halo 3 for the few players that do not wish to play in a competitive environment.

okay, so im loving the "new" halo :) my only complaints are where the **** is griffball, and lone wolves also? i also agree with the others that there should be some sort of ******* ranking system, being a number just isnt enough for me, who the **** thought of the number thing?

but on a more positve note i love the maps, the loadouts,new additions to armour ability,new lobby, playing card look for players is very appealing. Also like flood and would love to see some varients of it. :) <3

seriously though if you guys want to be better than Bungie please listen to all these comments and feedback above, we all want a good gaming community and we will be loyal to 343 if you will listen to us :) everybody wants to be heard once in their life :)

Kx

I think there should be a playlist for clans as there was in halo 2. It was cool to be playing with your friends in a clan against other clans. It was more competitive playing. This should also have a tru skill ranking system.

Take out the dmr & lightrifle n all tht new *** **** add all the halo 3 playlists n maps, I'm pretty sure we would all be happy **** make a mlg playlist already, the only thing bungie ever ****** up on was halo reach, you guys are already ******* up your first game. It's sad, you need to listen to the fans n not the money because bungie was all about the players. I don't see that in you guys.

I agree, halo is much more fun when winning means something. I remember wanting people to finish off my kills when i died, and it didn't matter who came top as long as the team won. The satisfaction of a ranked win in halo 3 and seeing my rank go up was awesome. Now i really dont care about winning because all i get is a litle more experience which doesn't matter. The ranking system in halo 3 was why i kept playing for 2 years. The gameplay in halo 4 is unparalleled, 343 got the hard bit perfect, now they just need to add the finishing touches. For me that is (in order of importance) 1) A decent ranking system 2) Turn based games such as one bomb and one flag 3) team doubles playlist (how hard can that be to do). Either way il be playing halo 4 for a long time. Great job 343