Halo 4: Some Multiplayer Mode Changes Coming Next Week

Adam91

halo-4-oddball.jpeg

On Monday there will be changes in the multiplayer game types Oddball and King of the hill. Read below for more details

Source:

OXM

Dislike dying in multiplayer shooters? Put off by the idea of developing competence? Not a problem - join a team. You'll have more people to stand behind when the bullets are flying, and what's more, some of those people may be feeble-minded enough to heal you when you shoot your own feet with a grenade launcher. It's just like friendship in reality!

Thanks to the cushioning presence of players whose thumbs are on speaking terms with their brains, the acquisition of skill need never be a priority. Providing, that is, you stay away from certain special Halo 4 playlists. Alas, my fellow oafs - 343 is wise to our coward's tricks and has taken appropriate steps. Next Monday, the developer will add FFA Throwback to the Halo 4 playlists. Its contents: lone-wolf-only variants of Oddball and King of the Hill.

"If you've been dominating these modes with teammates, see how the game changes when it's every Spartan for themselves," gloats Jessica Shea, high mistress of Halo Waypoint. Be merciful, Jessica. I've only just worked out which end of a plasma sword does what.

The FFA Throwback maps are Haven, Adrift, Complex, Solace and Abandon, and you can bring up to seven other players to the party. You'll need 100 points to win on Oddball and 50 to win on King of the Hill, with a 12 minute time limit. Who's man or woman enough to get involved?

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Personally, I cant wait to start playing FFA version of hill and oddball.

On a side note, I think you're the last man standing in flood your pistol should automatically get replaced with a sticky detonator. the detonator should definitely be involved in some way at least.

I think the maps are definitely better than reach's, but something does feel like its missing from the current maps, not sure what.

When I initially commented I clicked the "Notify me when new comments are added"

checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get four emails with the same comment. Is there any way you can remove me from that service?

Thanks! Read More

Jebus...enough with Haven already, it's the worst map to be playing any gametype on except for Oddball. To be honest, I think Haven should be removed from the game entirely. And for crying out loud, update the playlists with some new maps already. And for the love of god, get rid of Ragnarok. And last but not least, will you stop paying attention to the matchmaking already and focus on giving us screenshot artists what we want most? Theater mode for Campaign?(which by the way I can't seem to do sh__ with as certain campaign missions either freeze on me and return me to the menu, or just flat out don't work and return me to the menu) Also, fix matchmaking entirely, it's broken. Fix your game, 343.

How about removing DMR from loadout? that thing is equal to sniper,almost even better. Having rocket launcher from start would be more balanced than DMR from start.That thing is SMG,mid range rifle and sniper to combined to single weapon,without no recoil even.Seriously retro lancer from gears3 is more balanced than DMR in this game.

I think you should make the BR a 4shot weapon instead of a 5 shot weapon so that it actually has a purpose in the game.

also the being able to stay scoped in when you are shot is retarded.. noobfriendlygame is noobfriendly.

i partially agreee in a way that some of the playlists need to be added and a new ranking system needs to be present, but what most people are neglecting to realize is that this is its own game.... its halo 4. if they made just like halo 3 it would be no major changes now would it? 343 wanted to take a new direction now and worry about what they could have done better on a different date and time. Although you all give valid points just give them props for accomplishing all that they have done. after all its hard maintaining a new perspective on the game while trying to keep the fans happy as well. Aside from all that i am greatly pleased with halo 4. thanks 343 keep up the good work.

I'd much rather play FFA King of the Hill and FFA Oddball over Team Snipers any day! Team Snipers is just a camp fest and it's actually easier to snipe people while in midair than if you're crouched. What sense does that make?

Doesn't anyone remember the days of Halo 2 of how fun and frantic these FFA gametypes were? Every game was an epic battle, not a boring camp fest.

Regicide should be similar to Juggernaut where you only get kills for killing the king and while you're king. Or just bring juggernaut back.

Also, in regards to having a visible ranking, that would cause a lot of boosting and hacking and deranking. All the worst parts of Halo 2! Removing it from view was the best decision they ever made.

Ive got an idea! Next time you release a halo game 343 I'm going to pay you 45 dollars. you can only recieve about 3.50 of that a day and a month after I've purchased it I'll sloooooowly start to give you the rest. Maybe. Only if you use the money inside the first week I paid you and then I'll send a bank account number to your e-mail associated with your buisness. What a load of crap 343. I PAID 65 HARD EARNED DOLLARS FOR YOUR GAME! I have been a level 70 since last wensday night and can't progress until you get off you lazy butt and give me the rest of the game that I PAID for. The gameplay is solid and I love it. What a great game. I honestly play for the love of the game at this point becuase I have absolutely no faith in your ability to deliver at this point. Nowhere else in the world can you sell someone 75% of a product for full price and sloooooowly give them the rest. Also adding a disclaimer that you can only use a certain portion of that product that you PAID full price for per day. Give me the game I paid for you freaking cheapskates. You wanna compete with bungie?!?!?!?!? Dont make a game that I can break in a WEEK and tell me that more is coming. It's already bad enough that you make a whole game and then strip off portions of it INTENTIONALLY to cause me to spend more hard earned money on your so called "DLC". Give me what I paid for. I supply your paycheck for crying out loud. There is a huge difference between playing halo 2 for two whole YEARS and loving the game so much I wanted to do the same things in new environments, and what you do. Putting your hand in my pocket and taking as much as you can to sell me a game piece by piece. All I'm asking is that you give me my 60 dollars worth of a game. Plain and simple

why did they remove team snipers? i like FFA but they should have team snipers its fun to me and alot of other people. They also need Grifball and double team, i guess Arena will be good, idk? but team snipers is one of my favs and i hope they will return it back. =(

Can you please, for the love of god fix flood mode how do you not notice how much bs is in it? I rather play reach zombies 4 shots in the head to kill a super fast high jumping flood. thruster pack should be taken out at least and I know a lot of people that agree with me and last man alive should get something I mean 1v 7 is just not fair even the odds for last man too. if you knew how great zombies where then why did you have to ruin it? just needs a few touches here and there and it would be so much better.

For Halo's sake, just put back the 1-50 level ranking system as well as the competitive/social sections so that everyone can enjoy this awesome game that is Halo !

343 you need to get your act together. You relese a game that has a bare minimum of normal playlists (slayer, ctf, oddball) and then add in more normal playlists under the guise of "new" (snipers, swat). And yet bungie released there games with all the normal play lists and then later added new ones to keep it refreshing. Realy? Also, where is the community hub for forged maps? Bungie had one when they released there games, why not you? You had the chance of makeing Halo 4 such a great game and in my opinon, you lost it. Good job.

Halo 4 has some flaws but overall is a work of art. The campaign is breath taking, the graphics are on a whole different level and the multiplayer has so many more options but still plays like halo. They definitely won me over!

everyone that doesnt like halo 4 can suck my left nut and besides i think 343 did a great job on halo 4 and this new game mode sounds good but in my opinion i want griffball

by the way im a beast at griffball biatch

i like this game, it fun, faster. I know 343 is working on a ranking system that will be better then the past games. Team Doubles should be back, but rather have it with the ranking system. I would like to see anyone of you guys that are complaining about this game, try and please millions of people. Its not gonna be perfect, yes some guns are a little over powered, like the needle, but guess what. they limited the ammo so you cant get a killing frenzy. My main gun that upsets me is the boltshot, with the charge shot. over all great game. I would assume that if you are stuck at level 70, you will get the exp u earned once the lift the cab, like BUNGIE did with Reach.