Halo 4 Crimson Map Pack Trailer And Details

Adam91

7yyVb.jpg

We get a little look at the new map pack Crimson. The map pack releases on December 10th and it contains 3 new maps. Wreckage, Harvest and Shatter.

Crimson will be followed by the Majestic map pack which will be released February 25th 2013 then Castle map pack on April 1st 2013.

Video uploaded by Halo Waypoint.

Map descriptions quoted from the bulletin.

Wreckage Description

Wreckage is a manifestation of the chaos of war. A medium-sized, asymmetrical map, this playspace is great for accommodating a wide range of objective-based game modes including King of the Hill and Capture the Flag. It is a ravaged environment of crashed debris, where the surrounding destruction creates complex paths perfect for throwing off your opponents or testing the limits of your Warthog. This devastated landscape provides plenty of cover, and tons of nooks and crannies are at your disposal while fighting for your turn to become King. Wreckage supports up to 16 players in Infinity Slayer and up to 12 in a variety of other modes, including Capture the Flag, King of the Hill and Oddball.

Harvest Description

Harvest is a canon concept brought to life – the doomed agricultural planet where humans first made contact with the Covenant. A small to mid-size map, Harvest is ideal for Capture the Flag. Here, you’ll need to get creative to effectively use light vehicles which are limited to the exterior pathways and can’t get into the bases, making this fully symmetrical map perfect for infantry firefights and face-to-face skirmishes. Snipers will also feel right at home, as long sightlines are broken up by great cover and hiding spots. Harvest allows 8 - 12 players to face off in Capture the Flag, Infinity Slayer, King of the Hill, SWAT and Slayer Pro.

Shatter Description

Shatter is themed around natural crystalline surfaces and the huge UNSC factories mining them. This large, symmetrical map is a playground for the Warthog and Mantis – its open pathways make getting around easy, whether on foot or in vehicles. Shatter is a great fit for large games of Dominion and Extraction. For some close-quarters face-time, escape the open landscape and duck into a mining facility, or slip through a doorway and hunt unsuspecting Spartans. Shatter enables multiplayer mayhem for up to 16 players in Infinity Slayer and up to 12 in other modes, such as Capture the Flag, King of the Hill, Dominion and Extraction.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

They look ok, but to be honest I would like more than 3 maps. I would also like to see an update so I can search for players in my local area so I am not playing Americans all the time. And lastly, I think it would be nice if we could download our file share to PC free of charge!

Really? Three more large vehicle maps? The big maps are fine, we need more variety in the 4v4 competitive style maps. More small, symmetrical maps please.

I cant agree more with Chris. I understand Big Team has the most players but im tired of playing the same 4-5 maps on Slayer. Youve done great so far 343 please dont become another Bungie and let us all down

Looks sick 343! althouhg i agree with Chris yall gotta make some small maps ,maybe perhaps bring back some old halo2 maps likethe PIT GARDIAN Asylum and Uncaged!!!! Thos bring back so meny memories!!!

Halo 4 is a great rebound from Reach however I think that if a few things were fixed it would be great:

- Good connection search option

- Be able to move while looking at the scoreboard

- More smaller competitive maps

- Fix the kill cams or take them out but don't leave them in their current state

- Make it so multiple people can be in the theater at the same time and watch recorded film clips as well as full game clips

- It would be really great if some new forge objects/ideas were introduced

Can't really think of anything else off the top of my head but yeah, otherwise great game :)

Unfortunately I'm with

o MERCiLiSS. The maps look incredibly bland and look as though they are just the same ones recycled (Vortex but smaller). Harvest looked slightly interesting but all seem to have very bland designs when you compare them to previous games. I expect more from the maps in the future.

Halo 4 is a great rebound from Reach however I think that if a few things were fixed it would be great:

- Good connection search option

- Be able to move while looking at the scoreboard

- More smaller competitive maps

- Fix the kill cams or take them out but don't leave them in their current state

- Make it so multiple people can be in the theater at the same time and watch recorded film clips as well as full game clips

- It would be really great if some new forge objects/ideas were introduced

Can't really think of anything else off the top of my head but yeah, otherwise great game :)

I can think of plenty.

1. Take out "return to battlefield" in campaign, forge and custom.

2. wtf is this recoil **** when im getting shot.

3. When I play, it somewhat reminds me of COD.

4. Tacticle packages, support upgrades and armor abilites are stupid.

5. should have made it like halo 2 and 3 instead of following other game studios.

6.Fire the lead designer of war games becuase he works/worked for activison and messed the whole game up.

This is why Halo is dying, nobody wants big maps ! this is Bungie all over again. We need small symmetrical maps and a ranking system.

Looks like I will be buying Black ops after all.

Shame because the game plays well just no maps to play on.

There nice but I would prefer to have old maps back in the game like the old popular maps from halo 3 and halo 2...It would really be a blast to play back in those maps

Bring back all the maps from all previous halo's why has this not been thought of yet? This is rediculous to give us such a low map count to play on even with this DLC it's nowhere near enough. Is it really hard to bring back all the old maps from the previous halo's? I mean there's no need to redesign them just run it off the new **** and maybe enhance the the qaulity of how the map looks in halo 4 style graphic's... If i were you 343 i'd definately work towards this idea even though your probably already working on the next halo. I dont see why we cant just have all the old maps crammed into every next gen Halo, it may be alot of work but wouldnt it be worth the work to see your community go crazy at how much content you just gave them. Also bring back reach's Forge matchmaking or w.e it was called. #greatideasthatwillneverbefulfilled