Halo 3 Now Free To Xbox LIVE Gold Subscribers

RedStarRocket91

zr9m.jpg

What's better than playing one of the most popular Halo titles ever released? How about doing it for free! For the rest of October 2013, the series' debut Xbox 360 title is available to download from the Marketplace at absolutely no cost for anyone with a Gold subscription to Xbox LIVE. This is a title that every Halo fan really should play, and a great opportunity to replace broken or damaged copies for those who no longer have working discs, or for those who never had the chance to pick it up the first time around to experience clasic Halo at its finest.

It's also worth noting that both the Heroic and Legendary map packs are now also available free of charge, as is the standalone map Cold Storage. The Mythic II map pack is also temporarily half price for Gold Subscribers, so even if you already own Halo 3, this is a fantastic chance to get hold of any DLC you may have missed.

All members of 343industries.org should note that due to the free nature of this DLC, it will be included in any future Halo 3 Community Events - so to ensure that you can participate fully please ensure you download this content before the offer expires.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I like that it's free to everyone. Very cool. Thank you 343. Halo 3 is one of my favorite games in the series. That being said it would be nice if you supported the file sharing on Halowaypoint. I've shared a lot of images and videos and I only see Halo4 and Reach is available.

Thanks

Halo 3 should be re-released with the armor abilities of halo reach!!! though still such a solid game alone

NO.

Halo 3 has the bubble/drop shield.

Bubble = Equipment system

Drop = Armor Ability system

Armor abilities are stupid because they're infinite, can't be picked up or swapped, are started with at spawn not picked up on map, can differ from player to player giving some players an advantage over other players from spawn, etc...

Equipment is the right system.