Halo 2 PC going offline on Feb 15th

Adam91

normal_Halo2_PC_01.jpg

343 Industries has announced in this weeks bulletin that they will be shutting down the servers for Halo 2 vista, they said the reason for this is because the population has only been 20 at it's peak.

"To switch gears ever so slightly, we’re sad to report that the service end-date for Halo 2 PC Multiplayer will be February 15, 2013. We’ve been monitoring the population for months, and it’s been peaking consistently at approximately 20 players or less. Those that own this game can continue to enjoy Multiplayer over LAN after that date; however our network services will be turned off at that time. We love you, Halo 2 PC, and you will live forever in our hearts"

So for those few who still play it try and get in as much games as you can before the lights are switched off and the doors are locked for good.

Goodbye Halo 2 vista we love you.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

you guys are like game nazis you get rid of halo 2 for good thats not really fair to the people that have been playing halo since 2004 that game has a close place in my heart and you guys are tearing it right out just like when the original halo 2 got shut down you guys should just remake the game and make many people happy again halo 4 is good but i wont have as good of a time on h4 as i did 2

If they are only getting 20 people playing then i think they should be able to shut the servers down. It does not really make sense to keep it up if nobody is going to play it at all.

Also I think that any fun you would have with it would be with LAN.

:'( please.....343..keep the servers up...i know i dont play the game anymore since my old PC broke..and i neverfound my activation code to play it on my new one..but its still a big part of my childhood...i set up my first live account just got this game...when i was 11...just to play this game on PC...im 17 now..and that game online..was the best part of my child hood :'(...please...keep the servers up...for a few years more

I am not a pc gamer but had this game on Xbox and loved it!!!! No Halo game has come close to the experience. Since gamerchat/ party chat ruined communication in matchmaking, NO CLAN MATCHES SINCE THIS GAME?!!!

THE GAME BLAZBLUE CT IS ALWAYS ON LIVE SERVERs

absolutely no one plays this game

I find games on "quick match" and in this game

No players !! CLOSE BLAZBLUE CT AND NO HALO 2 VISTA! IF YOUR NEED SERVERS! HALO 2 VISTA IS A COLLECTION GAME COMMUNITY !! PLEASE CLOSE BLAZBLUE ! KEEP HALO 2 ONLINE

i am going to miss this game sincerely. time to let it go. rest in peace to this game and bungie. I had halo two vista and still do but my activation code never worked so they ripped me off! pisses me off that we have to let it go. always will be in my dreams and memories of this game. I like all the comments just ran out of likes for today. I wish i could have played multiplayer on this game. good bye halo 2 forever! I will miss you always!

i am going to miss this game sincerely. time to let it go. rest in peace to this game and bungie. I had halo two vista and still do but my activation code never worked so they ripped me off! pisses me off that we have to let it go. always will be in my dreams and memories of this game. I like all the comments just ran out of likes for today. I wish i could have played multiplayer on this game. good bye halo 2 forever! I will miss you always!

i have multiple serial codes LOl this community is big GearsOfWar not even half of halo 2 so it is with ResidentEvil 5 StreetFighterIV and the BlazBlue CT

this is stupid... check this bro

https://www.change.org/petitions/343-industries-keep-halo-2-pc-online?utm_campaign=share_button_action_box&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=share_petition&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=url_share&utm_campaign=url_share_before_sign