Gears of War 1 Remaster in Development

VinWarrior

According to Polygon's insider sources, Gears of War 1 is being remastered on the Xbox One, but not by Black Tusk.

While we will inevitably start seeing more and more fresh content as the years go on, the current generation of consoles has had a large amount of remasters, most of them being very good, some, not so much. Polygon.com revealed that Gears of War 1 is soon to join the Xbox One's roster. They stated that it will be a full remaster with new cutscenes designed by Plastic Wax animation studios, and apparently, Polygon got a glimpse of these. A test build is rumored to go live at 9PM EST tonight, so we may see it soon enough. Sources still cannot confirm whether this will come as a bundle or as a standalone title, or if it's even releasing on-disk. What we can confirm, however, is that Brink developer Splash Damage studios will be creating the remaster with help from Black Tusk. Releasing a remaster would make sense considering next November is the 10 year anniversary of Gears of War 1.

View attachment: 1223380202844603683.jpg

I'm personally very excited to see the new and improved version of one of my favorite video games of all time. I loved the dark tone and inventive settings Gears of War 1 brought us, with a great story to boot. I'd rather see a fully fledged remake of Gears of War 1 though than a collection of all 3 with a simply 1080p 60fps makeover. What are your thoughts? Comment below, I'm eager to see.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.