343iCF Weekly Site Wrapup 5/18/13

Drizzy_Dan

Thanks for taking a look at the Wrapup this week here's what we've got:

Primary Announcement: Why weren't you at the Halo 3 Play Date...

DGL

Announcement+Banner.png

The DGL finals started YESTERDAY. That's Friday May 17th. Your new division:

Castle Division:

Drizzy_Dan, Gazzy Mill Mill, Neurotic Kasper, Sarge, SikSlik7, Forum Dinosaur, Hater, Real Talk

If you still want info on the DGL for some reason click the links below:

EVENTS

Tuesday Night Tests

photo-30282.jpg?_r=1347890972

Member of the Month, AbleSir Thomas of The Halo Forge Epidemic runs Tuesday Night Tests which is a lobby for testing maps. It's a really fun time and they take place Tuesdays at 7PM EST. So if you want your map posted or if you'd just like to attend TNT click

here.

TNT Update - Our Community Moderator RedStarRocket91 has joined the operation of Tuesday Night Tests and will be hosting lobbies for players that can't make it to AbleSir Thomas's later lobbies. RedStar's lobbies for TNT will begin at 3PM EST.

AbleSir Thomas would like everyone who wants to get involved in TNT to friend the new account made for it: TNThalo01.

AbleSir Thomas gave me some more inside info on TNT this week.

The lobby was successful. We continued to play customs for about an hour after formal testing.

GT: CrimsonVolver

Map name: Sanctorium 2.0

Canvas: Forge Island

Reason: Test playability, spawns, weapon placement and selection, etc., for Infinity Slayer.

Players: 2v2 or 3v3.

• Really cool atmosphere but we had problems with the map being too "confined". Crimson is looking to scale up his map and test again.

Gt: AbleSir Thomas

Map: Impass

Gametype: Dominion

Players: 12

Notes: overhauled all bases and the alpha charlie flank. Would like input on playability, balance, framerate, etc

• New additions played well. I've already overhauled the map based on the feedback.

GT: Blaq Cloud

Map name: Helios

Canvas: Forge Island

Reason: Testing fixed spawn system and general gameplay

Game type: Big Team Infinity Slayer

Players: 12 - 16

• We had some issues with spawn trapping. Blaq cloud received allot of quality feedback. I look forward to playing this next Tuesday.

Map: Garrison

GT: Zandril S312

Gametype: Slayer

Player Count: 8

Notes: I want to know if the weapons placed on the map are balanced

• The layout was cool but the map felt cluttered. Players had a hard time moving around. Zandril lagged out and was unable to receive feedback. I'll be contacting him with proper feedback.

DoctorB77 - Creator of the DGL (Doc's Gaming League) and Staff member in charge of our community YouTube Channel. Get to know Doc!

*New interview is in the making!*

FORGE

343 Industries Community Forge Project

SikSlik7's 343i Community Forge Project is a project that lets the members get together and make their own contributions to the maps made. SikSlik explains it all in his thread.

Read and sign up for the CFP

here.

Ideas can be discussed in the CFP Idea Discussion thread so post yours

here.

Featured Map

Here's a map that should've been featured in the Wrapup long ago. This is Mutant by Darkling Ninja. He was helped by some huge names in the Forge Community such as Redemption1272, the winner of our Meet Your Maker Forge Contest, WARHOLIC from The Halo Council, Psychoduck of THFE, and The Fated Fire who was one of the runners up in the Meet Your Maker Contest. I play tested this map before it was updated and it was fun then. I haven't played the new one yet but I can only imagine how good it is. Here's a nice video walkthrough for you posted by THFE.

HOT TOPIC

cW5nu5V.jpg

Here's a picture for the newest text based role playing games called Halo: Arcoast Tides created by JL X4, D-38 Boss, HaloGeek, and Axilus Prime. If you're into the TBRPG scene then check this one out. I mean look at that map created by our Art Department's main man Insignia! Find the game

here.

Halo 3 Play Date

The Halo 3 Play Date was pretty fun. We got to play a lot of different mini games, no competitive games except for one FFA in the beginning. Everyone had a pretty good time but it ended pretty early for most.

Participants:

D-38 Boss, skummgummigubbe, HaloGeek, JL X4, Elite, Elite SnIp3r, BaneHalo, GermanShepherdD

Dominion: The Day Away Play Date

fFXhC9o.png

The Dominion: The Day Away Play Date is a Play Date where we play nothing but the best Dominion maps Halo 4 has to offer made by some of the best mapmakers like AbleSir Thomas, Unwanted Soul91, Wraith2028, T O IR T A, and more. Check in each day for a sneak peek at the maps we'll be playing on in the official sign up thread here.

We're always looking for your Play Date ideas, please post them in

here.

Everyone who participates in any Community Play Dates gets the Gamer Award:

participate.png

Attend Play Dates, rack up awards!

YOUTUBE

Here's a video by 0lAH that's really cool because it shows you a cool secret on Abandon in Halo 4. 0lAH shows you how to get a second Sniper Rifle so you can have two on the map! It's unsure whether 343 put this in on purpose or not bu it's really cool. Give his video a like!

Thanks for stopping in and reading now scroll back up and read it all over again.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.