343iCF Weekly Site Wrapup 3/2/13

Drizzy_Dan

Hello again and thanks for tuning in to the WSW. Here's your fill of forum news from this week:

Primary Announcement: To any newer members, guests, or members who just don't know the entire team of Staff at 343industries.org, you can find the full list plus Legendary Members here.

CONTEST

Last week the Staff at 343i.org announced The Majestic Map Pack Chellenge and it took off. Many members participated in a scavenger hunt of sorts all over the site. They had to find Forerunner symbols of the alphabet in Staff Members' posts and decode a message that the letters spelled. Many joined but only 3 won and here are your winners:

1st Place: Zaguroth

2nd Place: SternuS

3rd Place: Azaxx

Find out what awesome prizes they won in the announcement here.

SpadesS-1CGN_zpsba8b5ad4.png

Spades N AZ's Custom Games Night

If you want information on Custom Games Night and to join them click the title of the topic.

Spades N AZ's friends list is full so to get onto his alternate account's friends list to participate in Custom Games Night click

here.

Spades_CGN.png- All participants of Custom Games Night hosted by Spades N AZ receive his Golden Spade Award.

DESTINY

Adamj together an incredible hypothesis for Destiny called Destiny - The Seven Heavens last week and it was mind blowing. Adam has just recently updated the post to simplify the connections for the readers and will continue to update as more info is released. Praise it like you should

right here.

Cue Praise You by Fatboy Slim.

DGL

DGLBanner-Small_zps9aa913b7.png

This is it! The final couple weeks of the DGL are here. Here are your current divisions:

Crimson

Drizzy_Dan, Gazzy Mill Mill, Neurotic Kasper, Real Talk, da monsterchief, Sarge

Majestic

Hater, GermanShepherdD, SikSlik7, M4L1C1OU5, Lil Dog, Forum Dinosaur

Info on the DGL can be found at these links:

2/24 - Gazzy Mill Mill started off the matches by shutting out Neurotic Kasper 20 - 0

2/27 - And Gazzy kept it going with his win streak beating Drizzy_Dan 20 to 8

The Podcast Crew - The individuals behind the 343 Community Member Podcast. 4 great members coming together to talk about site and gaming news. And to just talk.

FORGE

MeetYourMaker_zps65c5bb67.png

343 Industries Community Forum and The Halo Forge Epidemic bring you the Meet Your Maker 4v4 Infinity Slayer Forge Contest.

The judges are some of the biggest names in the Forge Community:

Alzarahn (Blueprint Forge Group)

WARHOLIC (The Halo Council)

Ducain23

SaItyKoalaBear

Rezix333

OakleyHiDef (THFE)

Psychoduck (THFE)

Spades N AZ

Absolute Dog

I don't need to tell you how big these names are again

Trailer video is still badass and is

here.

Submission thread is

here.

WE'RE A WEEK AWAY FROM THE DUE DATE

Featured Map

This map caught me simply because of the amount of comments it received. We've become much bigger on Forge here on the site and when maps like this come up we show great interest. The map is called Station 7 and was made by @10 000 people.

post-17892-0-03383700-1359621022.jpg

Find the map submission by 10 000 here.

GAMING NEWS

Word around the community is that the Majestic Map Pack didn't only give you 3 amazing new maps, it also unlocked a code for players to input onto Waypoint worth 25,000 XP. Credit goes to Spectral Jester for finding this news. His topic containing the code is located here.

Also, 343 has released a File Share system on halowaypoint.com similar to the one Bungie used to have up. Azaxx covered that for us to read here.

If you love the Assassin's Creed franchise then click on Quantum's thread about the new one: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

Lastly, Jester hits us with more news that Xbox Live Gold will be FREE. Find out what days and more by viewing his topic and maybe leaving him a friendly like here.

MEMBER OF THE MONTH

March 1st a Member of the Month was announced. Everyone please congratulate Church!! Church is a really fun member to talk to in the Shoutbox

Announcement Thread posted by our previous MoM and newest Community Moderator RedStarRocket: clickkk meee

Find Chuch's masterpiece here:

This Court Is Called To Order

RedStar can now get his MoM Award and hopefully him, SykoWolf, and Church wil be added to the

MoM Wall.

MOM_award.png

Reports from our lovely Community Moderator skummgummigubbe claim that this week's Community Play Date was not all it should've been. I myself am sorry I couldn't attend once again but I woke up extremely late and I'm one of those unfortunate people who have Saturday classes right at lunch time... Next week will be better though at our Reach Play Date!

Participants:

skummgummigubbe, DocSpartanO07, Caboose the Ace, and Digital Moment.

Info on all contests and events can be found by clicking the title of the section that says PLAY DATES.

Everyone who participates in any Community Play Dates gets the Gamer Award:

participate.png

Attend Play Dates, rack up awards!

DO YOU THINK YOU'RE A RACER?

Well, do you? If so then you'd definitely like Lil Dog's contest called Do You Think You're A Racer. Find the topic and details here. Tryouts begin Monday.

Speaking of Community Play Dates, is there a Play Date that you've always thought of that you've wanted to do with the 343i.org Community? Well now you might have a shot. Site Moderator, Absolute Dog, set up a thread for members to post their Play Date ideas. I highly encourage you to post your ideas in here:

You'll actually die this time if you click this.. Still jk

SURVIVOR: HALO STYLE

rbp9a.png

Season 2 is underway! The survivors meet every Saturday at 5 pm EST.

Contestants must make sure they have SURVIVOR GIRL on their Xbox Live friends lists.

Questions will always be answered by the Alpha and Omega Absolute Dog in the

Survivor Q&A

The seventh Podcast has finally surfaced! Find the latest installment here. Subscribe to the Podcast by clicking the title of the section that says PODCAST. The Podcast Crew consists of the members @LiQuid BioniX, @SykoWolf, @Minuette, and @Sarge.

Thank you to everyone who gave it a read and checked out the links. *If you feel like you have site news PM me.* This was the Weekly Site Wrapup now scroll back up and read it all over again.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.