343iCF Weekly Site Wrapup 2/24/13

Drizzy_Dan

Thanks for clicking on this thread for this week's Weekly Site Wrapup. Here's what we had going on this week:

CONTEST

The Staff at 343i.org presents The Majestic Map Pack Chellenge! In this challenge you'll have to find a series of symbols located throughout the site on the 343i.org's Staff's posts to create a phrase that will enter you into a drawing to win AMAZING prizes:

1st Place. Artwork of Certain Affinity AUTOGRAPHED by Certain Affinity and 1 DLC code for the Majestic Map Pack

2nd Place. One 1 Month Gold Subscription to Xbox Live and 1 Certain Affinity T-Shirt

3rd Place. Last but not least the third winner will receive 1 343i.org EMBROIDERED T-SHIRT

I envy all of you glorious members that make our community right now. If you've joined then you are smart because those are some of the best things Halo in general has to offer.

SpadesS-1CGN_zpsba8b5ad4.png

Spades N AZ's Custom Games Night

Sad to say but due to unforeseen events I did not attend Custom Games Night this week. I'm sure it was just as fun as it usually is in both Lil Dog and Spades N AZ's parties. If you want information on Custom Games Nights and to join them click the title of the topic.

Spades N AZ's friends list is full so to get onto his alternate account's friends list to participate in Custom Games Night click here.

Spades_CGN.png- All participants of Custom Games Night hosted by Spades N AZ receive his Golden Spade Award.

DESTINY

Last week we were brought Bungie's ViDoc about Destiny called Pathways Out Of Darkness. Shortly after that came out came this video by IGN breaking down the concept art found in the ViDoc and gives specific information on some of the factions in Destiny.

I'm not going to include the video here, here's the link to 343i.org News Group adamj's thread. Please leave a like or a reply for him!

Speaking of our News Group's adamj, he has put together an incredible find for Destiny called Destiny - The Seven Heavens. Please read thoroughly, comment, and like it here.

DGL

DGLBanner-Small_zps9aa913b7.png

This is it! The final couple weeks of the DGL are here. Now because of the lack of matches being played there have been quite a few eliminations. Here are your new divisions:

Crimson

Drizzy_Dan, Gazzy Mill Mill, Neurotic Kasper, Real Talk, da monsterchief, Sarge

Majestic

Hater, GermanShepherdD, SikSlik7, M4L1C1OU5, Lil Dog, Forum Dinosaur

Info on the DGL can be found at these links:

There are no results as of this time.

imakequilts - Our head of contests and events here at 343i.org and a very well spoken individual.

FORGE

MeetYourMaker_zps65c5bb67.png

343 Industries Community Forum and The Halo Forge Epidemic bring you the Meet Your Maker 4v4 Infinity Slayer Forge Contest.

The judges are some of the biggest names in the Forge Community:

Alzarahn (Blueprint Forge Group)

WARHOLIC (The Halo Council)

Ducain23

SaItyKoalaBear

Rezix333

OakleyHiDef (THFE)

Psychoduck (THFE)

Spades N AZ

Absolute Dog

Those really are HUGE names.

Badass trailer video and rules here.

Submission thread that you can post your maps in here.

Featured Map

This map caught my eye when I stumbled upon it purely because of its name. Pokecoaster, made by @NukedIceCream, is a race map put into the 'Race Map Submissions' section of our THFE forums. Once again, what really got me to read and check this map out was a member of The Halo Forge Epidemic commenting very positively on it and this time it was RLD Hot Tamale giving his commendations. Here's just a glimpse of what the map looks like:

Pokecoaster_01_zps4df447f7.jpg

It's got a Pikachu! Most of the aesthetics on this map were made by NukedIceCream's friend: Lord FluffBall, so make sure you check out some of his maps if ever given the chance. This is probably just a taste of what he's capable of as a Forger.

Find NukedIceCream's topic here.

GAMING NEWS

343 Industries has released their video on the Majestic Map Pack dropping this Monday. Absolute Dog had it covered and provided us with the video that you can watch, and comment on, right here.

Title update February 21st, 2013. Spectral Jester (who is enjoying life as a regular member on the site) got the inside story on it when others were confused. I won't give you a synopsis, I'd like you to read and comment on his post here.

Monthly Halo 4 Play Date

Halo4logo1_zps83dfb1c9.png

More sad news for me and Play Dates: I didn't make it to the monthly Halo 4 Play Date. Again I'm sure it was another great one and it probably had a bigger turnout than our previous Play Dates seeing as most people own Halo 4 now in the community. Info on all contests and events can be found by clicking the title of the section that says PLAY DATES.

Everyone who participates in any Community Play Dates gets the Gamer Award:

participate.png

Attend Play Dates, rack up awards!

Speaking of Community Play Dates, is there a Play Date that you've always thought of that you've wanted to do with the 343i.org Community? Well now you might have a shot. Our excellent Site Moderator, Absolute Dog, has set up a thread for members to post their Play Date ideas. I highly encourage you to post your ideas in it. Link here: Death if clicked.. Jk

SURVIVOR: HALO STYLE

rbp9a.png

Season 2 has started and the survivors meet every Saturday at 5 pm EST.

Contestants must make sure they have SURVIVOR GIRL on their Xbox Live friends lists.

Questions can always be answered by who else but Absolute Dog in the Survivor Q&A

PODCAST

The 6th Podcast by LiQuid BioniX, SykoWolf, Sarge, and Minuette was recorded on Friday and then posted sometime during the week. This week's guests were HaloGeek and Church.

Find the Podcast and subscribe by clicking the title of the section that says "PODCAST"

WELCOME BACK

Alright now let's end this wrapup by welcoming back some members who I have not seen in a while:

I hope seeing you guys in the shoutbox and on the forums means that you guys will be staying for some time again.

Thanks for reading everyone. Bigger things are on the way. *If you feel like you have site news don't be afraid to PM me.* Now if you would please... Scroll back up and read it all over again.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments