343 Industries To Make An MMO Halo Game?

Adam91

It's been said 343 Industries are looking to hire people with MMO experience. Could this mean a future Halo game will be an MMO game? Read the article below for more details.

Source:

Gamespot

HaloMMO_09011_screen.jpg

Microsoft has put out a call for staffers with massively multiplayer online game development experience to join 343 Industries to work on future Halo projects. Two

job listings at 343 Industries were posted yesterday, both for software development engineers who will work on "building the next generation of backend services to power Halo 4 and our new game saga."

These job listings follow additional requisitions posted last week that indicated 343 Industries was staffing up for mystery

"incubation projects." A Microsoft representative declined to comment.

If Microsoft is building a Halo MMO, it will not be the first time the company has done so. The Microsoft-owned (and

now defunct) Ensemble Studios spent three years on a Halo MMORPG codenamed Titan that reportedly held a $90 million budget before it was canceled in 2007.

Microsoft shipped Halo 4 earlier this month to a

warm critical reception and day-one sales of $220 million. Halo 5 and Halo 6 have been confirmed as part of the Reclaimer Trilogy, though platforms for these games have not been revealed.

Job listings from July suggest 343 Industries is at work on a

Halo game for a next-generation platform. Microsoft will reportedly have its next Xbox on store shelves during the back half of 2013.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Wow microsoft sqeezing money again, this is so wrong its almost criminal. Halo is slowly becomeing,like everything else,crap. Can someone just say this is a crappy Idea allready. NOTHING about halo screams MMO.

Wow microsoft sqeezing money again, this is so wrong its almost criminal. Halo is slowly becomeing,like everything else,crap. Can someone just say this is a crappy Idea allready. NOTHING about halo screams MMO.

U are wrong what microsoft does it's right.

Example 343industries it's much better than bungie

And i love they giving happy wars free but i haven't played already i wait for ascend f2p game xbox and some action games f2p microsoft and i hope they do a mmo for xbox similiar to wow.

And halo4 it's the best of the HALO SAGA

U are wrong what microsoft does it's right.

Example 343industries it's much better than bungie

And i love they giving happy wars free but i haven't played already i wait for ascend f2p game xbox and some action games f2p microsoft and i hope they do a mmo for xbox similiar to wow.

And halo4 it's the best of the HALO SAGA

First of all, 343 didn't create an entirely new game, so many of the things that are "better" to you, was created by bungie in the first place, especially considering the fact that many employees stayed with microsoft to join 343 when Bungie bought themselves out.

Secondly, how do you think it would be even remotely possible to create an MMO like WoW, on Xbox? Have you ever played WoW? because there's too many buttons on a keyboard to transfer onto an Xbox controller. If you mean just an MMO on the Xbox where many people can group up to complete an objective, yes that would be cool, but very difficult with the engine required and the Xbox now couldn't do it, maybe next-gen consoles, maybe. And if you mean just an RPG fantasy game for Xbox, there's this wonderful game called The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, it's pretty awesome, not to mention countless others like Fable, Dragon Age etc.

I simply wanted to clear up that thought about WoW on Xbox.

Back to the topic, I don't think that they should make an MMO for Halo, it seems like it would shift the series in a new direction, and that isn't what I want, of course, my humble opinion doesn't matter. While i have no doubt that it would be succesful, (that is, more succesful than The Old Republic) but Halo is simply an FPS game built around a community, and i feel that the game would leave a lot of the fans behind and maybe get a new following, which is certainly not what i want. Although, if they did make an MMO, I would have no doubt that i would try it out.

I think this will hurt Halo fans more. They are taking a good game and turning it into some kind of world of warcraft type game. Not hating on that game of course but that is not what i feel like halo fans are looking for. I think we should stick to console normal halo first person shooter campaign, multiplayer type game.

I agree, this will only hurt all of the true halo fans, halo was ment to be a shooter/RPG so turning the franchise int an MMO, Could completely change the gamestyle BUT if this idea actually works, 343 WILL MAKE SOME MEGA BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please 343 industries make a halo mmo and released it only for xbox 360 it will be super super awesome i think who only play on pc mmorpgs will buy an xbox 360 for play halo mmo a really special and awesome game

If they do as good of a job on the MMO as they did on Halo 4 as far as making sure things fit together...I don't see the problem with it, but I could also see a MMO like Mass Effect being made to. Make it where there are a lot of customizing as well so it doesn't feel like the same ole cookie cutter none sense you see from other MMO's.