343 Industries To Make An MMO Halo Game?

Adam91

It's been said 343 Industries are looking to hire people with MMO experience. Could this mean a future Halo game will be an MMO game? Read the article below for more details.

Source:

Gamespot

HaloMMO_09011_screen.jpg

Microsoft has put out a call for staffers with massively multiplayer online game development experience to join 343 Industries to work on future Halo projects. Two

job listings at 343 Industries were posted yesterday, both for software development engineers who will work on "building the next generation of backend services to power Halo 4 and our new game saga."

These job listings follow additional requisitions posted last week that indicated 343 Industries was staffing up for mystery

"incubation projects." A Microsoft representative declined to comment.

If Microsoft is building a Halo MMO, it will not be the first time the company has done so. The Microsoft-owned (and

now defunct) Ensemble Studios spent three years on a Halo MMORPG codenamed Titan that reportedly held a $90 million budget before it was canceled in 2007.

Microsoft shipped Halo 4 earlier this month to a

warm critical reception and day-one sales of $220 million. Halo 5 and Halo 6 have been confirmed as part of the Reclaimer Trilogy, though platforms for these games have not been revealed.

Job listings from July suggest 343 Industries is at work on a

Halo game for a next-generation platform. Microsoft will reportedly have its next Xbox on store shelves during the back half of 2013.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

IMO I think they should take it slow. First, maybe make a single-player RPG with an open world and all that standard role playing stuff. Then maybe take it from there? Imagine it like Skyrim, but playing as an Elite, Brute or Jackal. Exploring the galaxy and collecting followers and weapons! Nonetheless I support the MMO ;)

I think this will hurt Halo fans more. They are taking a good game and turning it into some kind of world of warcraft type game. Not hating on that game of course but that is not what i feel like halo fans are looking for. I think we should stick to console normal halo first person shooter campaign, multiplayer type game.

this is probably the only way PS3 people are gonna get any closer to play real HALO, If they do release please make sure we can only connect with our Xbox account that would make it million times better and will keep the PS3 people away for good.

this is probably the only way PS3 people are gonna get any closer to play real HALO, If they do release please make sure we can only connect with our Xbox account that would make it million times better and will keep the PS3 people away for good.

yap and to bad for them

I think this will hurt Halo fans more. They are taking a good game and turning it into some kind of world of warcraft type game. Not hating on that game of course but that is not what i feel like halo fans are looking for. I think we should stick to console normal halo first person shooter campaign, multiplayer type game.

Indeed !