The Flood

Yes I know this is about halo Flood but it sorta has to do with real life aswell so I wasn't sure if I should put it in a Halo forum or this general thing.

Anyways, the flood. The parasite that kills the living and makes them one of their own and all that.

That's in Halo.

But I've been wondering, what if there really is something drifting in space right now in real life just like the flood. Perhaps like some sort of spore stuck or a coloney of them on an asteriod just drifting towards us?

Yes I know this is about halo Flood but it sorta has to do with real life aswell so I wasn't sure if I should put it in a Halo forum or this general thing.

Anyways, the flood. The parasite that kills the living and makes them one of their own and all that.

That's in Halo.

But I've been wondering, what if there really is something drifting in space right now in real life just like the flood. Perhaps like some sort of spore stuck or a coloney of them on an asteriod just drifting towards us?

That is a very interesting point Majora, you could possibly be correct. I bet there is some sort of life-form our there similar to the flood, or if not that, then another life-form all together. We cannot be alone in this Universe; why would Earth be the only populated planet. Why would we be put here, with no other life on any other planets. I think there is life on another planet, we just haven't discovered it or...the Government is too scared to release it. Even so, we wouldn't know what to look for as we wouldn't know what it was...we probably wouldn't even see a different life-form due to the way our eyes operate. We only know what things are...because we have been told about them. We only know what a computer is because someone told us that the object was called that.

Who knows...there is a lot of things we aren't told about, and we will most likely never find out.

Oh, I was getting excited because I thought you where another "Floodian" from the Bungie.net forums "The Flood".

On Topic: As stated by the one before me, I too believe their is live other then us in the universe, and the physicist Dr. Michio Kaku has an interesting take on this:

You know, that video has got me thinking about technology and all that. I wonder why we wont share our technology with the other poor countries like Africa or less advanced Countries like afghanistan with their dirt homes. I really think if we do this, work together and start creating or inventing new technology for the whole Earth and it's human population, we could most certainly reach this "Type 1" probably in less than a 100 years. Or maybe more depending on how long it takes for us to finally share our technology with others.