Halo 4 Live Action Trailer: Assumptions.

Baby Boo

Now, before I begin, I must apologize in advance if this or something similar to this has been posted. Anyway, without further ado....

post-17258-0-28432600-1338871293.jpg

There are shots of blue-armored, short little aliens in the trailer. I thought to myself, knowing the fact that forerunners were only approximately a meter tall... which is about the same height of the blue aliens, that possibly, those could very well be the forerunners themselves. My evidence to prove this? Look at the image here:

post-17258-0-21104900-1338871260.jpg

Where it says ``An Ancient Evil Awakens``, there is a symbol behind it. This, I am nearly certain, is a forerunner symbol. Therefore inferring that they will play a role in the game, and a major, bad-news one at that.

And now, what do we have here? It seems that John has brought along a few friends.

post-17258-0-45049200-1338871514.jpg

By the looks of them, it very well seems a possibility that they are Spartan III`s, or most likely, Spartan IV`s. These could possibly be the characters that fill in for the co-op experience. The question is, Who? Why? And How? I hope all of these questions will be answered in time.

Now, I know that we already know about the prometheans, but I decided I would Include a picture of one in action :)

post-17258-0-93888100-1338871743.jpg

Also, on a slightly different note, the banshee aesthetics have been revealed. Drum roll, please...

post-17258-0-54384100-1338872014.jpg

And the reach looks are back! While I, personally, like the reach design better, what do you think? Support, or no? Anyway, unfortunately, there was no evidence on what playing style and physics the banshees use. But assuming the it is reach`s aesthetically, it may very well be the reach controls. Anyway, that is all I`ve got. I hope I found something useful!

• Like 3

Thank you for uploading this. I personally prefer the Reach Banshee, it looked better and manoeuvred a whole lot better. A cannot wait for the movements and weaponry to be discussed at a later date.

• Like 1

At first, I hated the Reach Banshee, I just didnt think it looked like a Banshee at all without the classic long wings. But I must say that I have grown attached to it and it does seem to make it easier to maneuver and what not. So I am glad that they brought it back :)

And the trailer/gameplay looked amazing. I simply can not wait for Halo 4. And PAX Prime at that, because I will be attending and hopefully there will be some gooooood Halo 4 info there to see in person. :)

• Like 1

hmm that blue Forerunner i think is still a blue knight, however it does bring up the interesting speculation of who or what controls these "sentianals" just like how 343Guilty spark controled all of the halo ring sentinels. and for their different color from the blue we saw it could possibly be rampancy from the planetary ancilla and its aggretion shows through the Promethean weapons.

Alright so I took some snapshots from the video and made some connections and will point out some key things, I'll go in chronological order:

Didact%2527s%2BAI.png

This appears on screen when the ship gets scanned by the big ball thing from the campaign video. Cortana and Chief seem to already be acquainted with it and call it "He" which is what everyone else in the time of the Forerunners referred to the Didact as. The symbol displayed on screen is basically the symbol of the Didact filled in and turned upside down which to me indicates that the big ball thing (I don't have a name for it yet) is probably controlled by the Didact and is a large Contender class monitor.

AI%2BScanning.png

This is a picture of the Didact's AI scanning the Infinity just as it did in the campaign video when it appeared behind Chief and Cortana.

Didact%2527s%2BSymbol.png

Here's the Didact's symbol that is filled in and then rotates at the end of the live action part of the video. You also hear in the campaign video from E3 whom I believe to be the Didact speaking during this part saying, "I've been waiting a long time for this, Reclaimer."

Didact%2527s%2BAI%2527s%2BSymbol.png

The Didact's symbol filled in and rotated, which is what I believe is the new AI's symbol.

New%2BHalo%2B4%2BVehicle.png

Here are new vehicles seen in the live action part of the video being thrown around while the Infinity is crash landing onto Requiem.

Vehicle%2BSurvives%2521.png

Apparently the vehicle survives! This looks like gameplay footage of the new large vehicle.

These are my connections and analyses.

• Like 4

Personally I don't think it's the Didact. He may have fought humans, but I have a hard time seeing how he can be classified as an "Ancient evil". As he wasn't evil, just a Warrior-servant that fought for his people and in the end he became friends with Humans (in a way). If it had to be any of the Forerunners I would think that it was the Master Builder, Faber. As his fate on Installation 07 is unknown and he was in cahoots with the Primordial and MB. They probably used the Composer and placed the Master Builder into a Metarch-Class Monitor (the giant ball).

However if the Aurora Cygnus dealio holds any weight then I believe that the Ball is very angry and rampant Metarch-Class Ancilla that feels betrayed by the Forerunner and now awakened it wants to exact revenge on the only remaining link it has to it's creators, Humans.

• Like 4

Personally I don't think it's the Didact. He may have fought humans, but I have a hard time seeing how he can be classified as an "Ancient evil". As he wasn't evil, just a Warrior-servant that fought for his people and in the end he became friends with Humans (in a way). If it had to be any of the Forerunners I would think that it was the Master Builder, Faber. As his fate on Installation 07 is unknown and he was in cahoots with the Primordial and MB. They probably used the Composer and placed the Master Builder into a Metarch-Class Monitor (the giant ball).

However if the Aurora Cygnus dealio holds any weight then I believe that the Ball is very angry and rampant Metarch-Class Ancilla that feels betrayed by the Forerunner and now awakened it wants to exact revenge on the only remaining link it has to it's creators, Humans.

Superior theory. I didn't know what the name of a monitor that size was called but I think your theory is highly credible and is much better than mine. It makes so much sense

I am not going to post the picture of the AI symbol again in this post, but when it says "ancient evil" I also don't think of the Didact. I think of Mendicant Bias. I have not read the latest book in the Forerunner series, so I don't know exactly what is happening with the Didact, but I remember him having a certain respect for the humans. I do recognize that the glyph is the glyph for the Didact, but why would he be against humans/reclaimers? Perhaps he took control of the ship to control the crash landing because otherwise they would have died? It wold be cool to fight the original betrayer, Mendicant.

Ummm ok The enemys seen in campaign gameplay ( new is the crawler , an the second enemy witch teleported an was all spooky is the watcher yes revealed from the toys! = confirmed.. The live action Trailer where the usnc infinity is attacked by the forerunners and pulled them in is exactly what the glimpse of campaign footage where cheif sees where the unsc flys over his head followed by the forerunner ball that scanned chief.. Hope you get where im going if not check out my topic plz :)

Ummm ok The enemys seen in campaign gameplay ( new is the crawler , an the second enemy witch teleported an was all spooky is the watcher yes revealed from the toys! = confirmed.. The live action Trailer where the usnc infinity is attacked by the forerunners and pulled them in is exactly what the glimpse of campaign footage where cheif sees where the unsc flys over his head followed by the forerunner ball that scanned chief.. Hope you get where im going if not check out my topic plz :)

The second enemy has been repeatedly identified as a Promethean Knight. And I am pretty sure the big flying ball has been identified as a Cryptum. Somebody correct me if I am putting out bad gouge.

• Like 2

The second enemy has been repeatedly identified as a Promethean Knight. And I am pretty sure the big flying ball has been identified as a Cryptum. Somebody correct me if I am putting out bad gouge.

You're correct about the Promethean Knight, but the ball is not a Cryptum. If I'm not mistaken in the book of the same name Cryptums were described as cylindrical not spherical. The ball is most likely a Metarch-Class Monitor. Possibly a new design for Contender-Class Monitors.

You're correct about the Promethean Knight, but the ball is not a Cryptum. If I'm not mistaken in the book of the same name Cryptums were described as cylindrical not spherical. The ball is most likely a Metarch-Class Monitor. Possibly a new design for Contender-Class Monitors.

If that's the case, that's one big a** monitor.

theres a picture from the ball from mircosoft or some

thing and under it lables the pictue halo 4 cryptum

...how bout you post a video instead of pictures? Who the hell decided to sticky this thread..

Because then I could not explain this all in detail. Most of these images went by quite fast in the video. They are simply easier to explain.

...how bout you post a video instead of pictures? Who the hell decided to sticky this thread..

Think a second before you ask questions that will make you look awkward. We have all seen the video.

perhaps the sphere is the didact after he "converted" into a monitor, out of grief for his wife and only wishing to focuse on the task, and in time he has gone through a state of rampancy, as guilty spark did, and he began to blame humans for her death, seeing as the forrunners believed that humans found a cure for the flood and never allowed the forrunners to know what it was. in the halo cea terminals spark does alude to the didact having a wrath that would make "humans" prefer the flood

this is all just speculation, i could very much be wrong

There are shots of blue-armored, short little aliens in the trailer. I thought to myself, knowing the fact that forerunners were only approximately a meter tall... which is about the same height of the blue aliens, that possibly, those could very well be the forerunners themselves. My evidence to prove this? Look at the image here:

That also happens to be the Didact's symbol as well, indicating he could be the main antagonist.

I am not going to post the picture of the AI symbol again in this post, but when it says "ancient evil" I also don't think of the Didact. I think of Mendicant Bias. I have not read the latest book in the Forerunner series, so I don't know exactly what is happening with the Didact, but I remember him having a certain respect for the humans. I do recognize that the glyph is the glyph for the Didact, but why would he be against humans/reclaimers? Perhaps he took control of the ship to control the crash landing because otherwise they would have died? It wold be cool to fight the original betrayer, Mendicant.

It couldnt be Mendicant Bias because he was on the ark in halo 3 and you find this out by reading the terminals on legendary where he talks to you and begs for forgiveness for betraying the forerunners. He attempts to help you in a vain hope to make up for what he did to his creators and it is thought that it was him who activated some systems throughout the campaign such as the door that locks behind you in the control room to keep the flood out. The only way he could be in halo 4 is if he somehow got onto the Dawn and was on the ship with you the entire time. Although the AI symbol that rotates does appear in the bottom corner of the terminals and is also upside down when they go all red and seem to unlock encrypted data.

• Like 1

Think a second before you ask questions that will make you look awkward. We have all seen the video.

I havent seen the video. And I still think whoever there was zero reason for this thread to have ever been stickied..whoever was the moderator was clearly high. It's a ******g assumptions thread...

theres a picture from the ball from mircosoft or some

thing and under it lables the pictue halo 4 cryptum

Yes, i have seen this as well, concept art and pictures of the ball have it labeled a cryptum. unless we are bringing the master builder into play here, which may prove unlikely because he has not been mentioned in any of the games, only in the books, then the most likely "ancient enemy" is the didact. the didact, even though he may have been on better terms with Chakas and other humans after they were defeated and de-evolved, was the forerunner leader who destroyed the human/san-shyuum empire. on halopedian, it says that "The Didact, commander-in-chief of the Forerunner military, saw humanity as one of the most contentious, bigoted, and self-centered species in the galaxy." that little tidbit was pulled from Cryptum if I am not mistaken.

I would be thrilled if we had the Didact as a friendly character. I think he would respect the chief, and his tenacity and sacrifice in fighting the "stinking menace" of the flood. I also think that the Didact, in his normal reasonable state of mind, even with his temper, would not seek to destroy humans. Where is his motivation? the current humans have done nothing to earn his ire. sure, destroying the lesser ark might be a big deal, but I'm sure the Didact would have done the same, if it meant the removal of a gravemind. It was necessary. there may be something we do not know about, as I am sure that the Didact must know something about the discovery and use of onyx/Trevelyan by humans, and our use of forerunner tech to build the Infinity. so unless he is just really pissed about humans using forerunner tech and worlds to further their own goals, there are not a a lot, if any, strong reasons for the Didact to wage war on present day humans.

But, we must also factor in Greg Bear's cryptic quote about two Didacts. In the trailer two different colors can be seen in the Promethean constructs on requiem. there are blue, and there are orange/reddish. though unconfirmed, this could signify two different factions of promethean on requiem. who might the leaders of these factions be? is it one Didact, though he may have some sort of damage to his mind (100,000 years of guilt over using the Halo array and thinking he killed his wife?), who later on is redeemed/restored to sanity/normalcy to become an ally, and bring some of his promethean servants with him over to the chiefs side? or are there two literal didacts, one an ally/neutral party, and one crazed, vengeful incarnation of humanities great destroyer during the human-forerunner war? remember, in Bear's novels, the Didact expressed regret over his near annihilation of humans, as he did not know that the cause of human expansion was the flood.

To sum it up, i think that the Didact, in his normal state of mind, as he was at the end of primordium, would not try and destroy humans. it is possible that he has gone a bit crazy and has some sort of split personality, or there is another manifestation of his consciousness or memories in another cryptum or forerunner body/construct. the turning of his glyph upside down has got to signify that something has gone wrong with him, that some issue exists that is impairing his judgement or somehow he has been changed. his rage and fight against humans during their war definitely classifies him as an ancient and terrible evil, to humanity during this period in time (human-forerunner war).

i bet greg bears third forerunner novel sheds light on what happens to the Didact, and it is no coincidence that it is not coming out until after Halo 4. again, speculation, but i bet something happens in that novel to change the Didact, thus explaining his hostility/brokeness/the fact that there are two of him.

Oh and MB probably wont be back. I am near 100% certain he went down with the lesser ark. OB, or some other metrarch class could make an appearance, but after the array fired, it is likely that the forerunners didnt create any more like MB or OB because of MB's rebellion.

And dont forget the loss of the domain-losing the entire history/collective memory of your civilization can probably have big effects on any forerunners left alive after the array fired.