You Can Now Stop Worrying About the Halo 4 Ranking System!

Ryu♥Hayabusa

Okay, I have posted an idea in a thread before about how the ranking system could turn out. Some understood. Some did not. I will clarify here and give more details than before.

343i Confirmed a mix of Halo: Reach's ranking system and Halo 3's ranking system.

First, you would have an overall rank that is exactly like REACH's ranking system. Then you would have an individual playlist rank for each playlist, just like Halo 3. First, let me say, these ranks would not be connected at all. Okay, here we go.

OVERALL: This rank is exactly like Reach's ranking system. You get credits/spartan points or exp or whatever to contribute to your rank. Maybe Campaign would contribute, maybe not. Who knows? The only exploit here is farming.This rank can not go down since it would be used for your customization unlocks. It really only gauges how much you have played.

INDIVIDUAL PLAYLIST: This is like the little white rank you had for each playlist in Halo 3 after they updated it. They were different for each playlist depending on how much and how good you played. This could be boosted, but going up in this would not affect your credit gain or Overall Rank gain at all. Only your gameplay would. Boosting this rank would gain some Overall since you are constantly winning. But it wouldn't make you gain more than anyone else just because that rank is high. This ONLY says how good you are in that playlist. It ONLY ranks you based on wins and medals, etc. Maybe only wins. It is not a numbered rank, but rank all the same. It can go up or down just like Halo 3's could. Only used for matching, really.

Now, if you have questions or don't still quite understand my idea, ask away. Suggestions and such are welcome as well.

This is merely my idea and it could work very well if executed properly. Though, 343i may have something different in store.

• Like 6

Wait first you say 343i confirmed its a mix of Reach and Halo 3 and then you say this is merely your idea? This idea has been tossed around by myself and others for months. Not trying to be a bad guy here but where is the proof that the ranking system is a mix?

Wait first you say 343i confirmed its a mix of Reach and Halo 3 and then you say this is merely your idea? This idea has been tossed around by myself and others for months. Not trying to be a bad guy here but where is the proof that the ranking system is a mix?

Another misunderstanding. They hinted at a mix. But I am simply proposing a way it could be executed. When Reach came out, I thought of this. More than a few months ago. But we didn't think there would be another Halo, so I figured, what the hell.

Okay, I have posted an idea in a thread before about how the ranking system could turn out. Some understood. Some did not. I will clarify here and give more details than before.

343i Confirmed a mix of Halo: Reach's ranking system and Halo 3's ranking system.

First, you would have an overall rank that is exactly like REACH's ranking system. Then you would have an individual playlist rank for each playlist, just like Halo 3. First, let me say, these ranks would not be connected at all. Okay, here we go.

OVERALL: This rank is exactly like Reach's ranking system. You get credits/spartan points or exp or whatever to contribute to your rank. Maybe Campaign would contribute, maybe not. Who knows? The only exploit here is farming.This rank can not go down since it would be used for your customization unlocks. It really only gauges how much you have played.

INDIVIDUAL PLAYLIST: This is like the little white rank you had for each playlist in Halo 3 after they updated it. They were different for each playlist depending on how much and how good you played. This could be boosted, but going up in this would not affect your credit gain or Overall Rank gain at all. Only your gameplay would. Boosting this rank would gain some Overall since you are constantly winning. But it wouldn't make you gain more than anyone else just because that rank is high. This ONLY says how good you are in that playlist. It ONLY ranks you based on wins and medals, etc. Maybe only wins. It is not a numbered rank, but rank all the same. It can go up or down just like Halo 3's could. Only used for matching, really.

Now, if you have questions or don't still quite understand my idea, ask away. Suggestions and such are welcome as well.

This is merely my idea and it could work very well if executed properly. Though, 343i may have something different in store.

This is a good idea. It could deter people from team killing and going afk because now people can actually see how much they suck.

Another misunderstanding. They hinted at a mix. But I am simply proposing a way it could be executed. When Reach came out, I thought of this. More than a few months ago. But we didn't think there would be another Halo, so I figured, what the hell.

God I hope your right

Trueskill made competitve play so intense in Halo 3 because you really wanted to win. I really enjoyed being put up against players of similar skill and praying for my level to go up after every game, it made it addictive!

Also being able to see number of games played and experience earned of any player you were teamed up with or against in Halo 3 made it a lot easier to gauge whether they were good or not.

Definitely right, DUgF, November, huz up!

I think you seriously misunderstood this topic. If you played Halo 3 before the major update on 9-25-08, truekill, you would know that that is not what was originally in the game. 343 means that they will take halo 3's ranking system, but replace the XP (1 per win) with cR (~2500 per game).

I think you seriously misunderstood this topic. If you played Halo 3 before the major update on 9-25-08, truekill, you would know that that is not what was originally in the game. 343 means that they will take halo 3's ranking system, but replace the XP (1 per win) with cR (~2500 per game).

Show me where they said this.