Halo 4 ONLINE RANKS -Please not as in REACH!!!

Nedia

No you were stating that it was TOO easy to get to 50, yet you haven't even got to 50, so how would you know?

I was always bad at halo 3, became alot better in Reach, that doesnt mean i cant see others who were slightly/alot better achieve it in a matter of hours.

No you were stating that it was TOO easy to get to 50, yet you haven't even got to 50, so how would you know?

by ur logic u havent even played Reach so how would u know anything about it being good or not?

by ur logic u havent even played Reach so how would u know anything about it being good or not?

Yes I have played reach actually, but it so bad that I can't stand playing the game for more than an hour. Also your replying to my respond about him saying it's too easy to get a 50 in " HALO 3 " not Reach.

I was always bad at halo 3, became alot better in Reach, that doesnt mean i cant see others who were slightly/alot better achieve it in a matter of hours.

That means they were good enough to get to a 50, that doesn't mean it was too easy. You tried and failed miserably so I don't see how you could even think that.

• 1 month later...

I always loved the Halo 3 leveling system even in the presence of all the boosted accs later on. It was simple and made gameplay competitive being able to judge the other persons skill quickly giving you a sense of who you were up against. In Reach this sort of quick judgment is not possible. Even in the Arena, I felt that the Onyx rating was too easy to achieve each season and as such simply stopped playing it because the matchmaking levels were often extremely varied and essentially unimportant. The 1-50 system left a much wider gap for a broader range of players. They need to create something similar to H3 to give quick representation of skill set, competitive interaction between friends, and comunal desire to play. As far as how the ranking system works, again I prefer H3 since certain ranks could not be attained unless you had attained a certain level. Compared to reach where all you had to do was play a lot of campaign or firefight and complete meaningless challenges to earn exp that represented nothing more than the fact that you play far more than I do, and you're not any better for it.

Ryu Hayabusa is mostly correct, there will be a Spartan Point Rank that will function similar to that of the Halo Reach rank. However unlike in Halo 3, there will not be individual play list ranks, but a Rank for RANKED playlists that only you the player can see.

@CarnageX9: That is why there is a Ranked playlist rank that every player will have similar to that of a 1-50 style Halo 3 ranking system, however only you the player can see your rank. However, when you hit rank 50 and search in the ranked playlists you will know that the other players are going to be around 45+.

There is going to be a social rank that everyone can see that goes up from Spartan Points and is similar to that in Reach.

So if you like to play ranked, you will have a ranked ranking system. If you like to play social games more, than you will have an overall social rank similar to Readh.

@CarnageX9: That is why there is a Ranked playlist rank that every player will have similar to that of a 1-50 style Halo 3 ranking system, however only you the player can see your rank. However, when you hit rank 50 and search in the ranked playlists you will know that the other players are going to be around 45+.

There is going to be a social rank that everyone can see that goes up from Spartan Points and is similar to that in Reach.

So if you like to play ranked, you will have a ranked ranking system. If you like to play social games more, than you will have an overall social rank similar to Readh.

Where is this information? Ryu has not yet seen it.

I just really dont want thr 1-50 back because it was too easy to achieve. Like with the dohble exp weekend of grifball. Play 25 matches and win and you become 50, whats with that. They need a mix of both exp and credits. Only an opinion though, nothing more.

once again this is someones opinion on a youtube video not fact. I hope there is 1-50 style system, mabye we should all just wait for 343i to let us know and stop these petty arguements.

@Azaxx.... Oh, really, is that how you got your 50? You obviously don't know the first thing about halo 3, so don't talk about the ranking system. Halo 4 is going to suck because of people like you. Starcraft, here I come.

good because the halo fans clearly dont want u if thats how u talk to ppl...
  • Like 3

@ II BoneZ: NO this is not my opinion, this is a fact that there is going to be a 1-50 esque system for Ranked playlists that only you the player can see. Josh Holmes, and Frankie confirmed this when they were talking at the ComicCon panel. Don't presume you know all...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35_pXjNsDUY

@ II BoneZ: NO this is not my opinion, this is a fact that there is going to be a 1-50 esque system for Ranked playlists that only you the player can see. Josh Holmes, and Frankie confirmed this when they were talking at the ComicCon panel. Don't presume you know all...

Where is the point about hiding ranks??

towards the middle when they bring up the lead of War Games, they talk about how there will indeed be a 1-50 esque style system for ranked games that only you can see.

Here is another video that Sn4zzle pointed out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_448812&feature=iv&src_vid=87k_q7fHEic&v=ZD0kfk65OvA

Ok, for starters in the first vid from comic con i cant hear anything about a definate 1-50 sytem that only you can see.. If there is please point it out for me. in the second vid you posted (which just happens to be the youtube vid i first posted about) if you listen from 3:00 on, he says "not 100%, the ranking system was hinted and this is what Im thinking". Don't presume you know all...

good because the halo fans clearly dont want u if thats how u talk to ppl...

Booyah! You know what's up!

Hey, what's with all the hostility and arguing here? How about we all agree that it is likely a very accurate system that we can rely on. I'm sure 343 has heard many complaints on Reach's ranking system. I'm also sure they want to give everyone what they want. So we can trust they will try the best they can. Likely, they will almost, if not completely, nail it.

Booyah! You know what's up!

Hey, what's with all the hostility and arguing here? How about we all agree that it is likely a very accurate system that we can rely on. I'm sure 343 has heard many complaints on Reach's ranking system. I'm also sure they want to give everyone what they want. So we can trust they will try the best they can. Likely, they will almost, if not completely, nail it.

Ryu we've discussed this but that system you mentioned on your first post of the thread would be the best thing. And congrats on your 500th post bro.

As far as my opinion on ranks, Halo 2 and Halo 3's multiplayer kept players coming back for more because ranks give them something to strive for. I'm guessing this is why Reach had great sales but lower matchmaking numbers. A lot of players on Reach don't care about winning or losing, which isn't good for the rest of us that actually do. The playlist ranks make games more fun and competitive, especially on those 49-49 score moments when competitiveness REALLY goes up a notch.

Also, why would they have the ranks hidden? I wanna be able to show mine if I work for it.

@Upton889 the ranks are hidden because a system called "boosting" developed in halo 3, where people would pay money or msp to get accounts that had rank 50.

Unfortunately this is a classic case of the few ruining it for the many, but what can we do? I'm honestly fine with any ranking system at this point; I'm much more concerned that Helen Keller will be able to beat me in halo 4 because her aim-accelerated assault rifle will destroy the concept of skill