HALO is known for simply being HALO

TheEnd

I mean no offense to 343i, i applaud the hard work they seem to be putting into Halo 4. But i feel that they are missing something that many halo fans would agree on.

HALO is not just the name of a video game. HALO is basically almost its own genre of shooter. HALO is HALO. When you slap the name HALO onto a disc case and ship it out, people are going to be expecting Halo 4 to be HALO. HALO is not a game with bits and pieces of other games easily spotted out. It is a core game that is based on skill and simplicity yet variable enough to keep you playing.

Sure, every Halo game has made little changes to guns, armor customization and gametypes. but some of the core things like no killcams, weapon pickups and starting weapons have always stayed constant. Elements like these are what make every Halo game HALO. I fear that with all these "taboo" changes being made to Halo 4, many gamers (such as myself) will not be able to call Halo 4 "HALO".

I'm not trying to bash 343i. I think the images and small clips I have seen so far are beautiful. But I feel it is my duty as a HALO fan as well as a potential Halo 4 customer to speak my interests and opinions.

I know alot of people just want to let 343i be and do their thing. but they will be making bountiful amounts of money off of this game, so the gamers should make sure it is made to their standards as well.

I plan on purchasing Halo 4 most likely no matter what. the killcams kind of peeve me. and if they implement kill streak rewards like airstikes i think that would be a deal breaker.

• Like 2

I mean no offense to 343i, i applaud the hard work they seem to be putting into Halo 4. But i feel that they are missing something that many halo fans would agree on.

HALO is not just the name of a video game. HALO is basically almost its own genre of shooter. HALO is HALO. When you slap the name HALO onto a disc case and ship it out, people are going to be expecting Halo 4 to be HALO. HALO is not a game with bits and pieces of other games easily spotted out. It is a core game that is based on skill and simplicity yet variable enough to keep you playing.

Sure, every Halo game has made little changes to guns, armor customization and gametypes. but some of the core things like no killcams, weapon pickups and starting weapons have always stayed constant. Elements like these are what make every Halo game HALO. I fear that with all these "taboo" changes being made to Halo 4, many gamers (such as myself) will not be able to call Halo 4 "HALO".

I'm not trying to bash 343i. I think the images and small clips I have seen so far are beautiful. But I feel it is my duty as a HALO fan as well as a potential Halo 4 customer to speak my interests and opinions.

I know alot of people just want to let 343i be and do their thing. but they will be making bountiful amounts of money off of this game, so the gamers should make sure it is made to their standards as well.

I plan on purchasing Halo 4 most likely no matter what. the killcams kind of peeve me. and if they implement kill streak rewards like airstikes i think that would be a deal breaker.

First of all, these are all assumptions based on minimal beta footage. Secondly, i will buy the game no matter what, even if killstreaks. Thirdly a true gamer doesn't quit because something pisses him off.

• Like 3

My quote: "A true and loyal halo fan will always understand and respect the decisions made by the makers. They will at least try the game. I have never had a single complaint about a Halo game. I have no complaint now. I loved all Halos. I even loved REACH. Just as much as Halo 2. Halo has to evolve. Bringing back Halo 2 and 3 multiplayer would be the same as CoD. It gets to be the same thing over and over. Halo is not making that mistake. As a true and loyal fan, I love every aspect of Halo 4 so far and of every Halo so far. I will never leave Halo in the dust."

~Me.

There are too many who say that they will be done with Halo if it isn't like Halo 2 or 3. They aren't fans at all. They just want gameplay. Those old days are long gone. if you want them back, play the older Halos instead. It is 2012. CoD hasn't changed as much as Halo has in it's whole lifetime as Halo has in five years. I believe each change has been for the better. 343i will only keep the true fans while gaining more. This is as it has always been. Those who started playing over ten years ago and still do today with no complaints, they are the true fans. I am proud to be one of them. Can anyone here say the same? (I hope so.)

• Like 2

I'm getting the game, no matter what, but i do agree that Halo isn't just the name of a game. And from what i've read on this forum there will be things like Killcams and Autosentries. I have to admit that i'm not looking forward to these additions, but still i'm sure that the game will be lots of fun.

These are just mear ideas and rumors by 343 and it's community, don't be alarmed. I feel like you're getting a little bit out of hand here. Halo will still be Halo, and I will buy the game no matter how much stuff they put into it. The game hasn't even came out yet, so how can you make you're opinion? If you don't like it leave if you want but for a game that doesn't even have a gameplay trailer out yet and just leaked footage that doesn't prove that much then your making the wrong decision.

I think that adding some aspects from other games is a good idea. Ever since the year Halo 2 came out I've thought that it would be cool to take apart every well-known FPS out there and mix them together to form the ultimate first person shooter video game.

My quote: "A true and loyal halo fan will always understand and respect the decisions made by the makers. They will at least try the game. I have never had a single complaint about a Halo game. I have no complaint now. I loved all Halos. I even loved REACH. Just as much as Halo 2. Halo has to evolve. Bringing back Halo 2 and 3 multiplayer would be the same as CoD. It gets to be the same thing over and over. Halo is not making that mistake. As a true and loyal fan, I love every aspect of Halo 4 so far and of every Halo so far. I will never leave Halo in the dust."

~Me.

There are too many who say that they will be done with Halo if it isn't like Halo 2 or 3. They aren't fans at all. They just want gameplay. Those old days are long gone. if you want them back, play the older Halos instead. It is 2012. CoD hasn't changed as much as Halo has in it's whole lifetime as Halo has in five years. I believe each change has been for the better. 343i will only keep the true fans while gaining more. This is as it has always been. Those who started playing over ten years ago and still do today with no complaints, they are the true fans. I am proud to be one of them. Can anyone here say the same? (I hope so.)

Not to say Im with or not with the OP... but that's a pretty crazy statement.

Lets say that I'm an Indianopolis Colts fan (I'm not). I go to every single home game and most of the road games (I don't). I'm the one painted in blue and white on the front row screaming at the top of my lungs (I wouldn't). Now when the colts lose to the saints 63-0 you better believe that I'm going to complain a little. Does that mean I'm not a true fan? No.

It seems to me that comments like this are meant to antagonize people who disagree with them rather than acknowledge that other people have opinions that differ from yourself and might be somewhat correct or somewhat wrong.

• Like 2

Now, your situation differs from mine. I love halo no matter what. Halo doesn't go and lose games. It doesn't play games. It is a game. If CoD got 20,000,000,000 more players than Halo, IDC, My opinion is the only one that matters to me.

And please, when people scrutinize comments like these and say that they are meant to antagonize, they are really just being a little too observant. Most people who make the same type of comment aren't thinking what you just gathered from my post. i sure wasn't. I'm just saying, those who threaten to leave are not true fans. They just want a game to be their way. Those who believe in the game and don't complain every turn, they are true fans who will stick by their game.

TBH, I loved Reach's gameplay more than 3's because it added some extra challenge to the game. Halo 3 is a bit simplistic compared to that. I still play them all, but I prefer the recent features.

~Me.

i am a true fan. that is why i care about the changes that appear to be in the making for this next installment. True fans aren't aloud to scrutinize? to try to influence the developers in what little ways they can? Since when?

• Like 1

Stop complaining, the game hasn't even been released yet. I don't care if you're not getting the game, we all are; you're going to miss out and so is everyone who is hating.

H - aving

A - nger

T - owards

E - veryone

R - eaching

S - uccess

U MAD?

• Like 2

i am a true fan. that is why i care about the changes that appear to be in the making for this next installment. True fans aren't aloud to scrutinize? to try to influence the developers in what little ways they can? Since when?

True fans won't be d***s about it. Complaining and Scrutinizing are two different things. I'm sure a little "I don't know about that feature" is had by everyone. I don't because I like fresh air. Others may or may not say the same.Those who keep on and on about it, they are getting tiresome, AND they threaten to leave the series. No true fan can do that unless the makers are disrespecting the game by flunking it. 343i sure isn't flunking it IMHO.

On another note, I'll quote Bullet Storm here on what they said about keeping it like Halo 3.

Wanna know what would make halo cod? This, right here. More than anything, cod's most stand-out aspect is that it never changes. Halo is still unique because of change. Trust me, even the most diehard of halo fans would get bored of the exact same gameplay. I can say that for sure.
This is the phrase I have wanted to come up with for days. And Bullet Storm did it for me! I agree with this.

Stop complaining, the game hasn't even been released yet. I don't care if you're not getting the game, we all are; you're going to miss out and so is everyone who is hating.

H - aving

A - nger

T - owards

E - veryone

R - eaching

S - uccess

U MAD?

I am in no way mad. But dont you feel like your voice and opinion is important? This is a forum, where we discuss video games. I am giving feedback on the footage i have seen and what I think is good and bad

True fans won't be d***s about it. Complaining and Scrutinizing are two different things. I'm sure a little "I don't know about that feature" is had by everyone. I don't because I like fresh air. Others may or may not say the same.Those who keep on and on about it, they are getting tiresome, AND they threaten to leave the series. No true fan can do that unless the makers are disrespecting the game by flunking it. 343i sure isn't flunking it IMHO.

On another note, I'll quote Bullet Storm here on what they said about keeping it like Halo 3.

This is the phrase I have wanted to come up with for days. And Bullet Storm did it for me! I agree with this.

I believe i said killstreaks would be a deal breaker. other than that i plan on buying it no matter what. And I am all for change in Halo, but if this change just makes it another COD clone i will be a little disgruntled.

And I can understand not liking killstreaks. But I'd still buy it. But people obviously have no idea what makes a CoD clone. CoD doesn't have guns on the map, jetpacks, invisibility, or holograms. A good CoD clone is Battlefield. If halo turned out like that, then yes, I'd understand all the gripe. THAT is what would be straight up disrespecting the game for what it is.

• Like 1

I am in no way mad. But dont you feel like your voice and opinion is important? This is a forum, where we discuss video games. I am giving feedback on the footage i have seen and what I think is good and bad

I believe i said killstreaks would be a deal breaker. other than that i plan on buying it no matter what. And I am all for change in Halo, but if this change just makes it another COD clone i will be a little disgruntled.

What I feel is irrelevant. When you voice your opinion, you do not desecrate this holy place and you most certainly don't treat anyone like they're dumb.

H - aving

A - nger

T - owards

E - veryone

R - eaching

S - uccess

U MAD?

Lol, nice one man, never thought of that xD

think of Halo 4 as not a HALO game? thats what i was afraid of. no halo fan could want this

I don't agree with the OP on that topic. I am truekill83 on there. I agree with those who disagree with the OP.

And by looking at the last sentence in your sig, your comment makes no sense. You just called yourself a non-halo fan. :ermm:

I don't agree with the OP on that topic. I am truekill83 on there. I agree with those who disagree with the OP.

And by looking at the last sentence in your sig, your comment makes no sense. You just called yourself a non-halo fan. :ermm:

Lemme put it this way. I am a milwaukee Bucks fan. But when they traded away Ray Allen, Glen Robinson, and Sam Cassell it was really hard to recognize the bucks as the bucks for a while. All they had was the name.

the same might go for halo 4. Ill always be a Halo fan, even though it might take on a new face. I was also very much against the trades the bucks made, and i criticized for it.

(i know this was years ago but w/e lolz)