Wraith vs. Scorpion

Which is better?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Wraiths or scorpions?

99 times out of 100, the scorpion will hand the wraiths ass to it on a silver platter.

"Tank beats Everything." - Nameless marine, Halo 3.

I have defeated the Scorpion many times with the Wraith. As I quoted recently: "the Wraith is only as good as it operated".

This vote or discussion is pointless for the following reason:

All Spartan players are going to pick Scorpion and a Sangheili/Covenant fans will pick Wraith. Everything the Spartans have is overpowered, and everything the Covenant has is underpowered; however, they have always been superior.

Edited by The Director
Edited out offensive material.

It depends on the scenario, if it was a straight up tank battle the scorpion would win, but if the wraith was behind a small hill or a wall or something big enough to conceal the whole vehicle but allow wraith mortar shots to travel through, the wraith would win. They both have strategic values.

Although I prefer the scorpion personally. I've never really been a fan of anything covenant.

It depends on the scenario, if it was a straight up tank battle the scorpion would win, but if the wraith was behind a small hill or a wall or something big enough to conceal the whole vehicle but allow wraith mortar shots to travel through, the wraith would win. They both have strategic values.

Although I prefer the scorpion personally. I've never really been a fan of anything covenant.

That is exactly what I said. Maybe you should read a little more about the topic?

The wraith is easier to board and destroy

A Wraith is very easy to kill the hijacker, especially from the front. It is actually harder than the Scorpion as it has such an agile and fast boost which will splatter all who oppose. As I have said before: the Wraith is as good as its operator

• 2 months later...

The wraith is slow and presents a large target for the Sorpion's main gun.

It's a piece of mobile artillery trying to take on a Heavy tank, it's not gonna win.

The wraith is used for taking out fixed enemy poistions, the scorpion is for taking out enemy armour, like the wraith.

• 3 weeks later...

Scorpion MBT beats Wraith hands-down. Its main cannon has an ungodly range greater than that of the Wraith's flaming mothball launcher. Though I'd take an Abrams over the Scorpion any day simply because it's way faster and has been fitted to fire depleted uranium rather than tungsten shells.

I think they've made the Wraith worse in Halo 4. It's aim is WAY off. And why did this thread get moved to halo books? :l

I think they've made the Wraith worse in Halo 4. It's aim is WAY off. And why did this thread get moved to halo books? :l

I think it's because Halo Books/Music/History and all of that is the overall "dump it here" for things that really matter, like canon discussion and such.

Also you're right. They tried to balance the Wraith with sluggish ton-f***ery handling and a lousy range for its cannon. Granted, its cannon does some damage, it's still a pretty measly piece of s***.

• 3 months later...