Possible Iron Man 3 villain revealed?

Vitamin Pwn

earlier today some photos leaked "supposedly" from the set of iron man 3 and they revealed a new character that Fans of the Dark Avengers Comic series know all to well the Iron Patriot

reg_634.ab.iron.053112.jpg

reg_600.ironman.mh.053012.jpg

the next part contains Spoilers from Marvel Comics Story Arc "the Dark Reign" so it's possible it could movie spoilers as well

The Iron Patriot is from the Comic Series the Dark Avengers and the man in the Armor was Spider-man Villain Norman Osborne aka the Green Goblin. Osborne Acquired the Iron Patriot Armor by taking it from Tony Stark after the Avengers were deemed Villains by the US government and Shield, which Osborne was the Head of at the time.

so what do you guys think? do you want to see the iron patriot in iron man 3?

personally i would rather see him in the avengers 2 seeing as he's an Avenger villain but if it's only a small cameo in iron man 3 then i wouldn't mind but time will tell what his role is if the pics are even real

• Like 4

All I can say is.... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D IRON MAN 3!!!! I loved 1, 2 and the Avengers, so I DEFINITELY want to see a 3rd one. As for the Iron Patriot, that's pretty tight, even for a villain, I say yes to Iron Man 3 villain.

Iron Patriot, I remmeber reading up about him thinking he was a good guy only to find out he wasn't. Would be an interesting villian for sure.. however I think the Mandarin would be the better fit.

But seeing as how Iron Man 3 just started filming... this is completely possible.

The actor in the armor is James Badge Dale, who plays the character Eric Savin. He was technically the villain "ColdBlood" but looks like they are modifying the story a bit.. Because Norman Osbourn (Spiderman Villian Green Goblin) used the Iron Patriot suit.. and if anyone knows, Sony has the rights to the Spiderman series and Marvel can not use it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1300854/

While I was looking for more info on the Iron Patriot I cam across this.. which could possibly be a glimpse into the Avengers 2:

Hill orders Speed to surrender when Stark stops her and asks Speed to give him the case. While Osborn is battling the New Avengers, Stark appears in a variant of his MK III armor and proceeds to disable Osborn's Iron Patriot armor. Osborn orders the Sentry to annihilate Asgard, rather than allow the Avengers to have it, which the Sentry does, practically leveling the city before the horrified eyes of Thor.

This idea of Asgard getting destroyed could be the "Personal" and "Painful" idea Avengers Director Joss Whedon mentioned in an interview.

• Like 1

Interesting, but combining the personality of Captain America with that of Iron Man, doesn't compute.

It's not either personalities. It is just the costume merge... the person inside is completely different.. unless that is what you meant?