Halo O.D.S.T 2?

Zoob

RayBray there is a book that is at the start it is called ....

Halo the fall or Reach the main focus is on master chief it starts off in his first few days of a Spartan and ends just as Halo ce begins and there is tons of lore for the start as well Halo contact harvest takes place just as the war is started so you see the first contact between humans and the covenant and just got on Halo nation of Halopedia they have tons of info on the start. :)

If there ever were an ODST 2 to come out there are a few things I would like to see, but remember these are personal things.

1: Random encounters on a hub map which affect the situations you could possibly encounter in missions and the over all hub map itself.

Take for instance the Rookie running around at night in New Mombasa. He encounters a Marine squad under fire from dropships and ground troops. He could choose to bypass them and get to a different mission or he could step in and help save as many of them as possible. In future missions he could get backup from that same Marine squad at a critical area if he saved them or if he chose to ignore them then he has a far more difficult time with his objective. 

Or he could encounter Marines and choose to save them creating a safe pocket within the hub map so he has a place to rest, resupply and retreat too. If he chooses not to then the area becomes an enemy stronghold which cuts off supplies and makes it exponentially harder to reach objectives. Increases enemy patrols in the surrounding area... that sort of thing.

2: Make suppressed weapons a priority for use. It gets rather dull shooting one enemy with a suppressed weapon and instantly everything knows where you are. Some might say that at range you can pop an enemy's head and still remain undetected, which is true, however you can do that with any weapon to be honest. I do it all the time with snipers, carbines and the like. It would be nice to be able to thread a suppressor on various weapons such as the AR as well which increases the variety of weapons to choose from. However it should have draw backs such as less stopping power when suppressed as well as a lower rate of fire.

3: Keep the strange AI appearance thing going. I loved the SI messing with the signs and cars. It gave a far better depth to the game than any Halo game I have played before or since.

4: Screw the multiplayer. Too much focus on that has taken away from campaigns in my eyes. Everything slid down hill since CE because of it.

• 2 weeks later...

I would love it if 343Industries would make a second O.D.S.T because Bungie did not do a good enough job on the first. I myself am trying to become a Paratrooper and a Ranger so I really like the idea of O.D.S.T but I think Bungie down played them I little. I don't want them to be portrayed as super soldiers and I don't want them to seem cocky, but troopers have a way about them were they respect the the jobs of others but also know that they are the best.

I like the points 2 and 3 by Vaulting Frog, the way the game looked as far as graphics was pretty neat and suppressors are a must, I don't think that there  should be suppressors on every weapon but the should have the option to have them or not. Like before a jump allow the player to choose what weapon he wants and through the game have random supply drops sent either by request or at a specific point in the game and allow the player to find supplies that were dropped earlier.

I don't think it should be a sequel, I like the way the first ended and there should not be a add on. But I did like the way the map was sit up and how you could walk around wherever you wanted. I also would like there to be four or five different drops because that's what O.D.S.T is all about. Maybe have it were the player is dropped in a specific point on a world and when his mission is over he rides on a Pelican back to the ship then is moved to a different part and sent back down.

I like what HaloGamer7 said about being able to change your armor, like in Reach but if you change it have the new armor sent down in supplies and ave to put in on on the ground.

I think the setting should be just before the Covenant invasion so the player can fight both Insurrectionists and Covenant.

And it would also be neat to have a multiplayer and forge for it but go all out make it like COD Ghosts and Battlefield 4 and have a dynamic map with thing that interact. Maybe have a ship the player fights on and have it about to blow so they have to git to a drop pod and drop to the ground then fight on the ground.

I know what I wrote was long but these are my thoughts and I hope someone that can do something about this reads not only my post but all of ours. 

Ow and  343Industries I know all of you there can make this happen please help your fans.

• 2 months later...

I enjoyed Halo 3 ODST, but it was ruined by the Multiplayer part of the game.  I would still be playing Firefight if there was an actual Multplayer Matchmaking option, but what we had was nothing more than a chore.

Also, MM would have been great if you could play in Vs mode ODST against a Covenant Squad in stead of the usual Spartan II Vs Spartan II, or in this case ODST against ODST.

Halo 3 ODST 2, in my opinion should keep the Firefight, add MM and most importantly get rid of the Campaign.  In its stead, you should be given Missions, large missions, where you are either Dropped (Limited ability to control the HEV) in to action or Pelican Dropped.  These Missions will range from Reach, Earth, Inner Colonies and the Outer Colonies too.  Buck could even be the main Character, or just have different Characters from different aspects of the Halo Universe.

Basic Loadouts, which are customisable, Silenced SMG, Non Silence SMG, Assault Rifle, Battle Rifle, maybe DMR, Magnum, Rocket Launcher, Sniper Rifle and Spartan Laser (An ODST is basically a Spartan II without the modifications, or Armour)

I think a very limited amount of Utilities too, Jetpack and Sprint, maybe Decoy.  Maybe...

Also I would like to see Duel Weilding SMG's

Fully Customisable Characters and Armour.

Most importantly, a new name.  Instead of Halo 3 ODST II, I think ODST: The Chronicles, or ODST: Missions

Obviously what I have suggested is just a portion of what could be, this is just a basic set up.  But either way, I think it is a good start.