CHEERS! there gonna be a halo wars 2!

thespartan1445

343 Bought the rights to halo wars, and is now going to make more halowars's, hope theres more than 2!

So heres what i think should go into the game, its just opinions so state yours 2!

1. So have you ever played Command and counquer tiberium wars 3? I think the bases should be build like that or supreme commander. So you can basicly build almost anywhere and your not stuck on a baseplate. It would make it complexer, but! I think it would add a hole new depth of strategy instead of just the normal 6 strategies we have now. Plus you wouldnt ALWAYS know wher the enemy base is.

2. bigger maps, I hate when a enemy 3v3 covy team makes 5 scarabs and a bunch of hunters because its impossible to defeat! But! If you have a big map you can see it ahead of time, and hopefully you have a bunch of turrets built and a army of whatever you got. That would help make a skirmish yes last now 1 hour instead of 20 mins but it would be full of much more action. Now lets but idea 1 and 2 together. Think of it, you have a big map and your not stuck on a baseplate. So you pull a command and conquer move and build a FOB right next to the enemy base and start pumping units onto him. That would pester his teamates to come to help, thus having your teamates ambush them, but wait the maps are big now remember that so now you can setup a retreat base and let your opponents catch there breath while you build a bigger and better. Then out of no where you notice the enemy has like 2000 turrets and a few units, just think what fun it would be to see a player created covy base with turrets and covies running around it. Now thats a fight right out of the books littorely!

3. I say lets play as the flood! I want to beable to be a infection army and build some structures of infectitories, and start pumping those little infectors everwhere and the enemy now has a problem, there infantry is totally F******. Me and my friend screw around so much on halo wars that think of what big maps bieng able to build anywhere you want and playing as the flood would do. Ill tell you, nonstop 12 hour skirmishes that feel like only 1 hour went on, then it would also itd make more friends join because they hear the huge crazyness we make the game get.

4. I say make the units alot less dependant on the vultures grizzly scarab hunter and ODST units and make every unit has a possibility to be powerfull. So I build a bunch of marines and go on a conquest, ill beable to handle a few tanks maybe 50 marines could handle 15 tanks MAX before death. Keep the secondary baseplate things you know like those random ones like on the 2v2 maps with the 1 turret and 2 supply pad spots. but also allow the build almost wherever thing so as long as you have a builder that gives a radias of build availability. Yes halo wars is good like it is but I dont liket he baseplate part its TOO simple. I would love to see a massive destruction of bases and units and turrets just busting it 24/7 till the battle is over or the match.

5. This one I know almost no one can disagree with SPACE BATTLES! I say no more it explains its selve just the unsc and covy space vehicles with a Star Wars Forces Of Corruption build style! thats all that can be explained about it, besides your imagination of the battles!

Post proof on where they say there making Halo Wars 2 and if your not lieing then... :cheers: I love Halo Wars and hope they do make a new one so you better not be lieing lol, so here's to a small hope they are making HW2 :drinks:

The only article I could find of a recent date says that it's not coming out anytime soon. Though the article said nothing about buying rights to "Halo Wars". (which doesn't make scene to me, microsoft should already own the rights which means 343 does not need to do anything) The article was posted at AttackoftheFanboy.com on 5/11/12 and I have no idea how reliable this information is...

source: attackofthefanboy.com/news/343-industries-ruling-halo-wars-2/

I highly doubt that Halo Wars is very high on 343i's list of games to make.

Would be cool though. But just buying the rights doesn't mean that they'll be making more Halo Wars games.

Buying rights to a video game franchise defiantly means you're gonna make a game. Why else would you continue to pay for something you no longer developed? That would be bad business. But i bet we could find a handfull of examples where rights were bought but nothing happened...

• Like 2

GUYS! they bought the rights to the game, and said they will start making the game this summer. Thats your proof they wouldnt just buy the rights to just buy the rights. They bought the rights to make the game because there trying to make halo a little more popular and so they want to attract strategy game fans and other with them. Look it up 343 came out and said that they bought the rights and that they will start ther progress on the game in the summer. So then therefore it should come out sometime next year around fall ish or they may take a few years to come out with it. Who know or who cares, they bought the rights and are going to make the game. Thats all I need to know for right now!

Before I begin, I am a fan of Halo Wars and would like a Halo Wars 2.

That being said, why would 343i buy the rights to it from their father company (Microsoft) who has always held the rights to Halo Wars? Firstly, Microsoft would never sell the rights to anything Halo related. Secondly, 343i wouldn't NEED to buy the rights from Microsoft because they are owned by Microsoft. 343i, unlike Bungie, is not an "independent contractor". 343i was created by Microsoft to help handle Halo. When Bungie decided that they no were going to separate from Microsoft, it was decided that 343i would be the division that would take over development of Halo games in Bungie's stead.

The only thing that has prevented there being a Halo Wars 2 thus far is finding a new game engine. There are copyright claims on the previous game engine, and no one really knows what to pay who because of Ensemble's disassembly. The only solutions to this debacle are a lengthy and possibly costly legal battle over rights to the engine, a development of a new engine, merging the former employees of Ensemble with 343i (which probably won't happen. Most of them are happy where they are now), or just putting Halo Wars 2 on the shelf for now. Microsoft has obviously opted for the last of those choices, because while Halo Wars was the best selling RTS on a console so far, it didn't sell nearly as many copies as other Halo titles that were FPS. So, it makes sense to focus on the FPS parts of the Halo series than the RTS parts of it.

As far as development of it beginning this summer... That's highly unlikely. Most of 343i's staff is working on Halo 4 and the rest are either writing stuff for Halo 5, working on Halo Reach's multiplayer, or enjoying their vacation because they've completed their tasks for Halo 4 (the soundtrack and parts of the recording teams). If they were to begin development on Halo Wars 2, they would be undermanned and both Halo 4 and Halo Wars 2 would suffer from it.

As far as proof goes, I'm not sure where you read what you read, but the fact that you didn't cite a link to the place that you read it seems fishy to me. For future endeavors, you should remember to cite your source (by posting a link to the original information) and give a brief summation of what's written at the source before you write what you think it means.

Also, I would REALLY like to see where you read that 343i purchased the rights to Halo Wars. Especially since their parent company is the one who owns the rights.

Assuming that there is going to be Halo Wars 2, it won't come out till after Halo 5 or 6, allowing the new enemy to be included and give the enemy time to develop (like Halo ce to Halo 2, where brutes came into play, now I can't imagine the covenant without the brutes!)

Also, Let's have Halo wars be like Age of Empire 2 or 3, where there are dominant units, but certain units shine against others.

Maybe there wouldn't be such a strict race set up like in Halo Wars, but maybe there are different sects in each race(ie, Race: Humans Sects:UNSC, Outer Rim Rebels, and inner planets(more economically based than militarly))

Just ideas, not any really soidified suggestions.

First, there is no solid proof for this, so nothing is for sure.

Second, i really don't care for another Halo Wars game.

Third, i agree with Biggles, if there's another Halo Wars, it should be on PC. PC is the platform for strategy games like that so PC is where it should be

• Like 1

A game like Halo Wars needs to be on PC. I mean it was still an amazing game on the Xbox but in all reality this style of game works a lot better on the PC especially for online. It could be like 30 on 30 on a huge map where you can have a ton of bases and have a massive battle. Now that would be legit!

Well, no proof, but gives a little hope for Halo Wars 2. Second to FPS. Strategy games are one of my favorites, Empire Earth being one of the games. I hope its multi-platform though. Where PC players can play against xbox players too. Maybe there will be more players playing on live that way.