Halo Books compaired to the games

TruSlick87

So I read the second Halo book first then found out later, now im on chapter 32 of the first book...Im off somewhere because the spartans went to reach to get a crystal that warped hyper space, but on the game reach they got cortana, then in the book, Dr. Halsey (how ever u spell it) gave cortana to Captain Keys...yes im way behind but does it start to make since or am i just way off?

sorry if there are multiple topics I had a lag

Finally finished Fall of Reach...from what I can tell it's Fall of Reach (book), then Halo:CE (game) then first strike (book)...the books are so addictive I can't wait to start the flood (book) I can't help but to piece them all together and finally be caught up! >)

• Like 1

Well you see, Eric Nylund and bungie wrote "The Fall of Reach" and it was made canon by microsoft since at the time, they didn't have any plans for Reach. But when they wanted to go back and make a game, they ignored the book and redid it all, smashing the canon. Also, i don't recommend the Flood, it is terribly written and is essentially Halo CE but through a book's point of view.

• Like 2

Working on Contact Harvest...I like all the info about the A.I.'s and all the different types >) it's getting so in detail with the characters and there families...HALO...great books, side topic...I can't wait for Forward unto Dawn, hoping it will be detailed as well!

• Like 1

Yea it pretty much tells you exactly what he looks like and all the others, I really hope they bring some into Halo 4 but I haven't read The Flood yet so I don't know who dies and whos still around to fight...Contact Harvest (book) has a lot about the A.I.s with tons of detail >)

I have to admit i didn't read any of the books. All i know is that in one of the books it's described that the Pillar of Autumn was built in space because it couldn't be ona planet (reason is probably wrong, don't remember exactly) and that that stands in contrast to the Halo Reach campaign because there the Pillar of Autumn is on the planet. In my opinion, that's something pretty major and so it was a major effup on Bungie's part..

(if you haven't read Contact Harvest)

Contact Harvest is a lot about the A.I. and how they think and work, as well as the Covenant...It's neat to hear all the under workings of all the different groups and, for the Covenant, how they came from different planets, how they fight to stay as a unified nation and are wanting to start peacefully..., for the A.I.'s, all of their multi-functional tasks, from ship A.I. to Harvest A.I. and all the places between as well as the human traits they retain from there hosts...I'm about 3/4s, or more, the way through the book not much fighting but very cool story >)