Rumor: Xbox 360 To Get Internet Explorer

xbox360elite2156-610.jpg

Sony's PS3 had an internet browser since day one, and a recent rumor suggests that Microsoft's Xbox 360 is finally getting one of its own.

The Verge, citing multiple sources, has a rumor that the system will get a fully functional Internet Explorer browser that can be controlled via Kinect voice and motion gestures (but Kinect will not be mandatory). The 360 currently only has a Bing search for media.

If this is true, E3 would be as good a time as any to announce this move.

In these days of tablets and smart phones, does anyone care about a browser on their system anymore?

• Like 3

Yeh thats what I thought BING was for when it came out for xbox.

THEY NEED a browser for the 360. Im so jealous over Ps3 Having one.

Yeah even the Wii has its own browser. That's the only thing the Xbox needs and it will be perfect!

-sigh- too bad you can't download Chrome from the internet explorer(more than likely). :(

I don't like Internet explorer... at all. All I gotta say is: Windows 8 Better be AMAZING.

Windows 8 is amazing, or at least the PC version is, I dunno whether you're talking about some kinda Xbox windows 8 thing or something else.

P.S I know it's amazing cause I have the consumer preview of the PC version.

• 2 weeks later...

They already have a new version of the slim with the wifi adapter already built in to the Xbox. So it works great and alls you have to do is go into the setting and sign on to a wifinits simple and works great

What? All Slims have a wifi adapter. That's nothing new. We're talking about the console having an actual web browser now.

Yeah even the Wii has its own browser. That's the only thing the Xbox needs and it will be perfect!

Wii's browser is awful. Freezes constantly, cant load flash, video, barely loads pictures. Cant handle FB, either.

If they get this right on Xbox, that will be great. Look at walkthroughs, check forums, etc, without having to switch devices or leave the room!

• Like 1

I think doing this would make the Xbox a lot better and as Biggles' said, it will become complete. I mean, PS3 has the ability to do this, so why do we not? Some people do not have the luxury of having both an Xbox and a Computer. Adding an internet browser would mean that they could do it all from their Xbox which would be fairer on them, so I think it would be a great idea if this was clarified and confirmed.

It would help everyone, we would be able to do things easier and quicker. I love this idea, I think it is a winner.