Halo 4 "join in progress games" idea.

Archangel Tyrael

I disagree to a point. There shouldnt be a distinction. What if youre in a ranked game and half of your team quits?

If there is no distiction, then what's the penalty for quitting out of a ranked game? What do you do if you join a game with 3 minutes left and find out you're going to lose? Will it affect your W/L ratio? How is ranking going to work? Are there even going to be seperate playlists for social and ranked play? These are things we don't know. Until we do know for a fact, I say, if they do have seperate playlists, keep the join in progress in ranked only. Unless they come out and tell us how it is going to work.

• 6 months later...

I like the idea. At least now I'm not going to be penalized for having a teammate quit...

What exactly does the word team-mate mean to you people?

If there is no distiction, then what's the penalty for quitting out of a ranked game? What do you do if you join a game with 3 minutes left and find out you're going to lose? Will it affect your W/L ratio? How is ranking going to work? Are there even going to be seperate playlists for social and ranked play? These are things we don't know. Until we do know for a fact, I say, if they do have seperate playlists, keep the join in progress in ranked only. Unless they come out and tell us how it is going to work.

JIP makes W/L ratio irrelevant: if JIP then Team Blue [A] in the same game could become Team Blue . So Team Blue [A] (the original) doesn't win at all, Team Blue wins. The issue with this is that in transitioning from A to B you can't say that well I won with my team. No. Each individual player gains a win but the teams (that did the winning) are arbitrary concepts. So it's hard to say who outright wins. You could say it was Team B's victory but then how do you justify the Win of the team as a team instead of a Win of the individual participants (given that it can switch from team A to team B at any moment)? You can't.

Halo is no longer a team based game...