•  

Toggle shoutbox 343i Shoutbox

@  Azaxx : (29 July 2014 - 11:59 PM) It's a rule that we don't discuss politics or religion in the shoutbox or the forums
@  Buns : (29 July 2014 - 11:59 PM) @XeClutch That is the thing. Not everyone here will act intelligently. You're new here so I get it that you don't understand the seriousness of things that. Spend a little more time and soon you will understand why it isn't meant for public discussion. You can talk about it in PMs though
@  Sιlεƞτ Ѳʀвιs : (29 July 2014 - 11:59 PM) @Buns Not you lol
@  Azaxx : (29 July 2014 - 11:59 PM) @XeClutch But people don't, and I don't wanna have to bother with that.
@  Sιlεƞτ Ѳʀвιs : (29 July 2014 - 11:59 PM) @XeClutch I meant you lol. PM me?
@  Ledgend1221 : (29 July 2014 - 11:59 PM) @Edward Kenway That's humanity for you.
@  Sιlεƞτ Ѳʀвιs : (29 July 2014 - 11:59 PM) @Buns PM me?
@  Shana : (29 July 2014 - 11:58 PM) @Buns Close enough. -_-
@  Edward Kenway : (29 July 2014 - 11:58 PM) I shouldn't have spoken that way, I do apologize.
@  Buns : (29 July 2014 - 11:58 PM) @Sιlεƞτ Ѳʀвιs please take it to the PM
@  Edward Kenway : (29 July 2014 - 11:58 PM) @Buns I apologize, I truly do. But the whole idea of war disgusts me and people taking sides is a real trigger for me.
@  Delpen9 : (29 July 2014 - 11:58 PM) @XeClutch Thank you though. With that I was able to find articles that aren't related to the casual IDF stuff.
@  Buns : (29 July 2014 - 11:58 PM) @Shana You mean the thing they showed at E3 and called a "Trailer" ;-;
@  Ledgend1221 : (29 July 2014 - 11:58 PM) I've already lost track of the times I've lost track of the times.
@  XeClutch : (29 July 2014 - 11:58 PM) I am just saying, you wouldn't have to worry about flame wars if you allowed people to debate intelligently.
@  Sιlεƞτ Ѳʀвιs : (29 July 2014 - 11:58 PM) @XeClutch Im Muslim. I like Jews. I dislike Hammas. Hammas should be shut down. But it isn't Muslims vs. Jews., it's Hammas vs. Zionists.
@  Shana : (29 July 2014 - 11:57 PM) I've already lost track of how many times I have watched the Mirrors Edge 2 trailer. lol.
@  Buns : (29 July 2014 - 11:57 PM) @Edward Kenway that last part wasn't needed. He can talk about it in PMs he doesn't need to go to another forum
@  Connor Kenway : (29 July 2014 - 11:56 PM) I've already lost track of how many times I've watched the new AC U trailer
@  Edward Kenway : (29 July 2014 - 11:56 PM) Just don't talk about it here. Be my god damn guest to go to another forum and discuss it there but not here.

Photo

Halo 4 "join in progress games" idea.

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Archangel Tyrael

Archangel Tyrael

The Holy Protector

• Legendary Members
  • 2,361 posts
Legend
  • Gamertag:Daze of Dayz
  • LocationUnited States.

Achievements

User's Awards

2             2                                                                  

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:55 PM

Well all i need to say is i support this but, i hope it isn't just join in like call of duty.

We should have "Quick match". A playlist where you can find faster games and join in progress games and leave whenever.

Also there should be "Ranked match". Rank matched is for more competitive style gameplay. You can not find games that are already in progress and if you leave will suffer a huge exp penalty.

I know this is just a small little topic. I just wanted to post my idea.

If you guys want to add more detail onto this idea go ahead. Mainly what i made this topic for anyways, to discuss this. I could see Quickmatch having a exp reduction too but i don't know.

chief_s_doritos_by_skcrisis-d5yvvbr.gif

#2 Azaxx

Azaxx

Enigma

• Community Moderators
  • 3,426 posts
Legend
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia.

Achievements

User's Awards

2    2                                                                              

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:58 PM

I just want, socail and ranked playlists.

Both have one or two seperate playlists that are quick join, and the others be the classic, be bored and wait.

-King of Azaxxinations-
Moderator vs Member 1v1 W/L ratio: ∞

Azasig1_zpsc4891023.png

#3 Archangel Tyrael

Archangel Tyrael

The Holy Protector

• Legendary Members
  • 2,361 posts
Legend
  • Gamertag:Daze of Dayz
  • LocationUnited States.

Achievements

User's Awards

2             2                                                                  

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:01 AM

Both have one or two seperate playlists that are quick join, and the others be the classic, be bored and wait.

So have quick match option for both of them? That seems good, also i think quick matches should have no leader board stats just a fun quickmatch haha. Ranked should be leaderboard matches. Be a good way to see who is better than the other.

chief_s_doritos_by_skcrisis-d5yvvbr.gif

#4 Ryuke Hellfire

Ryuke Hellfire

Brute

• Members
  • 58 posts
Liked

Achievements

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:41 AM

I like the idea. At least now I'm not going to be penalized for having a teammate quit...

#5 Cupman

Cupman

Cup Ambassador

• Dedicated Members
  • 872 posts
Favorable
  • Gamertag:lX Cupman Xl
  • LocationAustralia QLD

Achievements

User's Awards

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:14 AM

That would be a good idea because i dont want to join a match in progress if i want a full team from the start.

#6 spartan 326

spartan 326

Promethean Knight

• Members
  • 119 posts
Likable
  • Gamertag:spinosaurs
  • Locationa galaxy far far away....or new zealand. what ever floats your boat

Achievements

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:44 AM

i dont like it much, i dont want to be joining games were the score difference is huge or the games about to end and get but on the losing team. happens to me all the time on CoD
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 fzdw11

fzdw11

The Tin Can

• Dedicated Members
  • 821 posts
Favorable
  • Gamertag:Ruined Hope
  • LocationPennsylvania

Achievements

User's Awards

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:33 AM

i dont like it much, i dont want to be joining games were the score difference is huge or the games about to end and get but on the losing team. happens to me all the time on CoD

But if it's in a social playlist, does it matter? I am completely for a join in progress system implemented into a social playlist, but I still say Ranked should be the good old stand by of waiting. How else are you going to match up against people appropriately?
HIM86.png

#8 Elite jbZzz

Elite jbZzz

Elite Honor Guard

• Members
  • 102 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:Elite jbZzz
  • LocationSan Diego

Achievements

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:22 AM

I like this idea.

#9 DoctorB77

DoctorB77

Unlicensed, M.D.

• Dedicated Members
  • 4,490 posts
Legend
  • Gamertag:DoctorB77
  • LocationNow taking Vitamin PWN.

Achievements

User's Awards

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:49 AM

I would like this if when you join a game in progress you get extra XP say 500 to 750 extra. So you get some positive outcome regardless.

Posted Image

"Each one of these souls is finite and precious. And I'm close. Close to saving them all." -The Librarian

2nd Member to reach 4000 posts - 12/16/12

Posted Image

#10 Carts

Carts

Prophet of Mercy

• Trusted Members
  • 260 posts
Trustworthy
  • Gamertag:Carts 27
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Achievements

User's Awards

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:01 PM

I would like it if games were only joinable in the first 3 min. that way the match wont be an uphill battle once you start. Keep in mind that this should only be in a "social playlist" where stats are not affected.
Posted Image

#11 heghog

heghog

Promethean Knight

• Members
  • 106 posts
Liked

Achievements

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:53 PM

They should have jip but make it so if someone quits alot they get penalized

#12 SPARTAN 117

SPARTAN 117

Prophet of Regret

• Members
  • 182 posts
Likable
  • Gamertag:Relue117
  • LocationIU

Achievements

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:16 PM

the most recent Game Informer somewhat discussed the joining/quitting issues infamously associated with past Halo titles, and (apparently) integrated a new system that allows a player to join a matchmaking game only in order to replace a quitter, whether or not the quitter will be penalized remains to be seen but I doubt 343 will be as harsh about quitting as Bungie was

"The best kind of weapon is the weapon you only have to fire once." - Tony Stark

2qb91s6.jpg

#13 heghog

heghog

Promethean Knight

• Members
  • 106 posts
Liked

Achievements

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:38 PM

Bungie wasn't harsh. You quit so many times and you cant play for 10min.

#14 RoosterTeethFan

RoosterTeethFan

Frankie

• Trusted Members
  • 477 posts
Trustworthy

Achievements

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:42 PM

this i a good idea.

#15 Instinct

Instinct

Drone

• Members
  • 21 posts
Liked

Achievements

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:51 PM

I agree, I think join in session should be only for a social playlist where you still get spartan points. But for ranked matches they should do a skill level like in halo 3 as well as spartan points.

#16 Jonny_Rebble

Jonny_Rebble

Brute

• Members
  • 50 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:Jonny_Rebble

Achievements

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:08 PM

Well all i need to say is i support this but, i hope it isn't just join in like call of duty.

We should have "Quick match". A playlist where you can find faster games and join in progress games and leave whenever.

Also there should be "Ranked match". Rank matched is for more competitive style gameplay. You can not find games that are already in progress and if you leave will suffer a huge exp penalty.

I know this is just a small little topic. I just wanted to post my idea.

If you guys want to add more detail onto this idea go ahead. Mainly what i made this topic for anyways, to discuss this. I could see Quickmatch having a exp reduction too but i don't know.

well id rather not want an xp loss because what if there is something urgent going on and you have to leave a match or what if your power goes out?

#17 USDevilDog117

USDevilDog117

Prophet of Regret

• Members
  • 160 posts
Likable
  • Gamertag:USDevilDog117
  • LocationDC

Achievements

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:26 PM

Exactly my opinion, it should be an option to quick join, not mandatory. Enough people will use the feature that it will work, and the traditionalists will be happy as well. Personally, I've done some of my best work when it's me against 4 others.
Finish the Fight - Challenge Completed
Posted Image

#18 spartan 326

spartan 326

Promethean Knight

• Members
  • 119 posts
Likable
  • Gamertag:spinosaurs
  • Locationa galaxy far far away....or new zealand. what ever floats your boat

Achievements

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:22 AM

But if it's in a social playlist, does it matter? I am completely for a join in progress system implemented into a social playlist, but I still say Ranked should be the good old stand by of waiting. How else are you going to match up against people appropriately?

i dont dislike the idea, i just dont want it to effect my win/loss ratio. it did in CoD which means you get put againts people with the same "skill" as you by going by your win/loss ratio, which puts good players against bad players (no offence if your a bad player)
Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 fzdw11

fzdw11

The Tin Can

• Dedicated Members
  • 821 posts
Favorable
  • Gamertag:Ruined Hope
  • LocationPennsylvania

Achievements

User's Awards

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:25 AM

i dont dislike the idea, i just dont want it to effect my win/loss ratio. it did in CoD which means you get put againts people with the same "skill" as you by going by your win/loss ratio, which puts good players against bad players (no offence if your a bad player)

If it's tracking your Win/Loss ratio in social, then it's a fail on 343's part. Social is just that, social. You could match up against a brand spanking new recruit, you could match up against a 5 star general, it doesn't matter because the game is just for fun. In a ranked setting, where Win/Loss ratio's should matter, there shouldn't be an option for a Join In Progress just for that reason.
HIM86.png

#20 Baby Boo

Baby Boo

Banned

• Banned
  • 0 posts
Liked

Achievements

User's Awards

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:44 AM

I said this in a topic similar to this one; it all depends on how they use it. First off, I say nay for ranked matches. To uneven. Even social I'm not sure about, because a lot of the time people quit because they are losing, so if you fill in their spot, you're hopelessly behind, and there's an instant loss for you. If they are going to include this system, it will need quite a bit of tweaking.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users