When and Why to report a player over XBL

I like this, deseves a pinning in the section (first topic to be pinned in the xbox360 section) well done

also does this mean I can report One's gamertag? Hungry4somepoo? lol

Lol, I think Microsoft gave up with my name after the first 2 changes.

• Like 2

Good post...but people hardly ever file complaints for the reason's necessary. People usually just do it when they are mad for losing.

Yeah, that's why I posted this lol So that people know the reasons why they can file a complaint. ^_^ And Jester, I'm honored. :D I get to say "FIRST!!!" now ^_^

• 1 month later...

People used to file for cheating complaints in halo 2 all the time, for superbouncing glitching and of course modding and standbying. People also used to ask their friends to file name complaints, supposedly if you get 100 name complaints they make you change your name, FOR FREE!

BAHAHAHA seriously!

Profile: I don't see the need to report someone just because of a word or group of words. stop looking at his profile and move on. only thing that sounds logical would be reporting for any form of nudity.

Text and Voice Communications: Like i said before its just words! it's called trolling, person should know not to take it serious. "STICKS AND STONES MAY BREAK MY BONES, BUT WORDS WILL NEVER HURT ME."? Lol you have issues if words hurt your feelings. Grow up dude, there verbal words over a VIDEOGAME!

Video Communications: Only need to report someone is for nudity. is someone sends you a middle finger i would probrably be ont eh floor laughing, thats fee entertainment.

Tampering: ONLY THING BESIDES NUDITY YOU SHOULD EVER WASTE YOU TIME CRYING AND WHINING ABOUT AN ARGUMENT AND REPORT SOMEONE!

1. Feedback Tampering: The person misused the feedback system or attempted to influence player feedback. This means that if the person tried to get you to give them negative or positive feedback or threatened to give you negative or positive feedback, this is the option you would choose.

2. System Tampering: The person altered, attempted to alter, or promoted altering a game, an X-Box console, or X-Box live. This includes system mods, controller mods, lag switches, jtags, or any other type of modification to a console, game, or X-Box live. If the person openly admitted to doing this, it's blatantly obvious that they have done this, or they tried to get you or another person to do this, then this is the option you would choose.

3. Cheating: The person used known or unknown in-game or other exploits to influence the results of a game. This includes hiding off of the map, boosting, afking, spawn sitting (sitting next to a players spawn point and killing them when they spawn), deranking, betraying, or any other in-game method of cheating. If the person did this, then this is the option you would choose.

This thread made me LOL!

BAHAHAHA seriously!

Yes seriously. This isn't a joke, it's an explanation of how to use the report function of X-Box Live.
I don't see the need to report someone just because of a word or group of words. stop looking at his profile and move on. only thing that sounds logical would be reporting for any form of nudity.
XBL is used by children. As you can probably tell if you ever play CoD it doesn't necessarily have a good effect on them anyway. Seeing a profile that says something racist or with a username that is designed to piss people off could convince the kid that that is a good thing to do, creating more and more "squeakers". Personally, I cannot fathom for the life of me why someone would put something like "Resurrect the KKK" or "Burn jews burn" on their profile and not expect to get reported, but if you think they shouldn't okay then.

Like i said before its just words! it's called trolling, person should know not to take it serious. "STICKS AND STONES MAY BREAK MY BONES, BUT WORDS WILL NEVER HURT ME."? Lol you have issues if words hurt your feelings. Grow up dude, there verbal words over a VIDEOGAME!
Yeah, well the next time someone spams (and gets their friends to help) you with things like "omg u r newb go kil urselv" over 100 times in three minutes let me know if you use this guide to report them or not.

Only need to report someone is for nudity. is someone sends you a middle finger i would probrably be ont eh floor laughing, thats fee entertainment.
Again, spammed messages can be worse than getting a video of a guy wanking.

Tampering: ONLY THING BESIDES NUDITY YOU SHOULD EVER WASTE YOU TIME CRYING AND WHINING ABOUT AN ARGUMENT AND REPORT SOMEONE!

There is a serious difference between reporting someone for arguing with you (which by the way, is NOT one of the reasons listed above to report someone) and reporting someone for sending you hatefilled messages over and over. Also, ALL of the things listed above are not tolerable over X-Box live. If you want to troll someone, go do it on your computer.

This thread made me LOL!

You are easily amused then. I'm not sure what's funny about an instructional thread, but whatever floats your boat dude.
  • Like 2

If you find it offensive report it or move on.

COD is a mature game rated "M" Parents fault for getting these spoiled kids these games. So kids has to grow up and deal with it.

"omg u r newb go kil urselv" over 100 times in three minutes let me know if you use this guide to report them or not." I would have blocked messages from spammers by the second time. Problem solved.

Within the last 5 years of XBL I never had the horrible luck of someone sending me a picture or video of someone playing with their junk. I'm sorry but if a person took the time so send this message out they are degenerates!

Next comment can be resolved by blocking or reporting. blocking is a lot easier in my opinion.

The fact you took the time to write all this down. Witch I do appreciate cause it was very entertaining. Hopefully someone learned something from this thread. Should be common sense. I don't understand why someone would waste their energy getting mad, I'm Hispanic and when people go off and call me a ****** you don't see me getting mad. I do one of 3 things. 1. Block them or block messages 2. leave party 3. Mute them. All of my problems are resolved. No reason to get offended. There’s probably a lot of over sensitive people in the world. IDK

:D Turn that frown upside down! :D

ok so i have this freind o mine and i really like playing with him (the not perverted way :yes )

but he sometimes invites his friend "aSissyGirl" whos not even a girl! just some really annoying 12 year old who has the most annoying rages!!! seriously mostly everything he does annoys the heck outta him and i sometimes "accendently" kick him from the party. :clap:

but then came the day where i kept beating him in black ops and he just EXPLODED!!! i had had enough!! so i file complainted him for lacking game skill. ive had him muted ever since

so good ridence!

-snip-

The fact of the matter is that doing any of the things listed in the OP is against the rules and regulations that every single player with an XBL account agreed to abide by when they signed up. So really, it doesn't matter if they actually offend you or not, it's not allowed. That means that YOUR OPINION of what should and shouldn't offend people doesn't really count for anything.

As far as the kids thing goes, most kid's parents don't even know what their kid is playing. The reasons for this are pretty simple really. Retailers don't commonly check ID for rated M games. I bought nearly all of my games (most of the games I have owned are rated M) and haven't been ID'd a single time since the age of 9.

My friend has sent me a lot of vulgar messages, although me and others file complaints nothing ever happens, why?

I do not work for Microsoft, so I don't really know. My guess is that the effects just haven't hit him yet (like when a player who boosts on Firefight in Halo Reach by AFKing gets banned a month after they did it). I would block communications and defriend him though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...