Blood Gulch probably wont be in Halo CE remake

There are 13 maps from them to choose from. Bungie gave us Blood Gulch in Halo REACH. They custom made that area so it IS BLOOD GULCH. It's not an exact remake but it is blood gulch. Halo reach would suck on the original blood gulch because the original was only balanced for halo 1 and 2.

I don't get why everyone is wanting it so badly. We have it.

Would be easy for them to use the original maps and code them for the reach engine, ditch the AA and just let us play them. They can tweak alot of stuff on the MP system and make the game play alot like CE, even on the reach engine. Thats what this TU is all about, making the maps from CEA work on Reach.

Would be easy for them to use the original maps and code them for the reach engine, ditch the AA and just let us play them. They can tweak alot of stuff on the MP system and make the game play alot like CE, even on the reach engine. Thats what this TU is all about, making the maps from CEA work on Reach.

Fingers, toes and other things crossed. lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I think you guys just feel that way about Reach overall, not Hemorrhage. I'm not defending this map. I'm just having trouble understanding... how it can be a cheap knock of? Granted, it doesn't feel the same, but you are talking about Reach, the worst Halo in the series.

I think when they say cheap knockoff, they mean it terms of the geometry they updated along with the shaders used. Granted yes, even putting a new skin on maps, gives them a different feel. But in this case, the geometry was changed drastically. If I am not mistaken, the map is actually longer width wise, in both directions. Also the odd rock placement around the map has given it a completely different tactical defensive/offensive feel. These factors alone besides the obvious difference in the gravity and player movement has made it feel like cheap knockoff.

Had hemmorage, or forgeworld for that matter been given the classsic barren desert type shaders that we have gotten used to, the map may have felt a bit better to most players. Visual aspects sometimes overcome the actual feel of the map when playing through. but that is just my 2 cents on it.

blood gulch has been in every halo in order the names of each remake blood gulch coagulation valhalla and hemorhage

Im not sure about valhalla really. I guess it is somewhat similar but I wouldn't call it a blood gultch remake at all. Standoff resembles blood gultch more IMO but I still don't think Blood gultch at all when I'm playing it.