Black Ops II opinions (now that its revealed)

Just watched the reveal trailer. I'm not a COD fan, definitely prefer BF's multiplayer BUT the Black Ops Campaign was one of my favorite campaigns of recent years. No pretentious anti American "OMG IT WAS ACTUALLY THE AMERICANS FAULT" plot twist...a few interesting characters, assassinating Fidel Castro...always good.

I'm cautiously optimistic after seeing the second black ops trailer. Unlike MW3 I will almost certainly buy this one. Seems like a near future setting is a perfect chance for them to change up the formula...just hope the changes aren't only skin deep.

Well, by watching the reveal trailer, I cannot make a lot of judgements. The plot of the campaign looks good, although, I have to say that Black Ops was only good for two things: Zombies, and Campaign. The multiplayer (in my opinion) was not at all good, I played and got a decent ratio (2.12 kd) but I quickly got tired of the Call of Duty Franchise with it's repetitive multiplayer experience. I am more of a Battlefield fan myself, DICE has always made better games (excluding MW1) than Treyarch or Infinity Ward ever has.

More information needs to be released before I can make a final judgement, but since Treyarch is making it, I can expect to see the same old Call of Duty: Campers, noobs (little kids that know every curse word in the book), and try-hards. Although we do see this on Halo and Battlefield, it is not so common (from my experience) in these games.

But at this moment, I am boycotting the Call of Duty franchise, only because I am tired of hastily wasting my life on a game that takes little-to-no-skill, and getting mad at all these little things. I want a game that I can sit back, relax, try hard when I want to (and own teh noobz), talk with friends, mess around, have fun and still be able to experience an AWESOME multiplayer experience; rather than little kids telling me that I'm "a ******* ******** for using gun X". Right now, these games are: Halo, Battlefield, Fable, Civilization, and some others. I think that several gaming companies nowadays are forgetting the one thing that makes a video game... well... a video game: a fun, entertaining, relaxing, community-revolved, experience. Remember the first time you had your buddies over to play Halo 1 just to mess around with the vehicles and laugh endlessly because your warthog did 19 barrel rolls at 50 ft in the air? Remember that first time you played Halo 3 on xbox live with your friends and still could have fun as a group competitively as well? Sadly enough, I do not see this in CoD, at all. Maybe now they are trying to copy Halo and it's community-revolved social gaming, but it is failing; rather horribly.

I honestly anticipate the new Medal of Honor will be better than this new installment of Call of Duty.

I actually think it looks fun. If i'm not mistaken i think you get to fly jets and stuff. I'm not actually 100% about the robot thing but we'll see what happens. The robots seem so advanced and hard to kill and i'm pretty sure i saw it was in the year 2025. It would also be neat if you could go inside the robots and play around in them.

Also i'm pretty sure they have horses. How does that make sense if there are robots? Horses fighting robots, hmmm, i wonder who would win. But then again it could be some sort of flashback. Who is fighting in this war anyway? Is it Mason....probably not because the last one took place in like 1965. I think the old guy was mason.

I just hope it won't turn out like MW3, no offense to anyone who liked it but that game was not very exciting for me. I never eben beat the game, i mean i started the first level then played some matchmaking and survival.

Edited by Anarchy

The old guy was Woods. You could tell by the S.O.G. tattoo. I think that this would be AWESOME. As long as they have wager matches, CoD points, Sticks and Stones, Zombies, and Combat Training, I will definitely buy this. I hope they have tomahawks and that the tomahawks don't change. I loved the tomahawk. I WANT THIS GAME. Still, it's nothing compared to Halo. Lol.

The old guy was Woods. I was pretty sure they mention his name in the trailer? From what i've heard you play as Mason and his son. Mason will be in the past(flashbacks) and his son will be in the future.

I haven't actually beaten Black Ops campaign yet*I just know a little about it* but I think Black Ops 2 looks interesting. Mechs, robots, jets, other vehicles, etc may not be new ideas but they're definitely new for CoD. It's nice to see them change it up a bit.

I'll probably wait till the game drops though. Or maybe i'll borrow it from someone I know. I don't plan on playing the multiplayer but I wouldn't mind playing the single player. I have to beat the first Black Ops first though.

Also i'm pretty sure they have horses. How does that make sense if there are robots? Horses fighting robots, hmmm, i wonder who would win. But then again it could be some sort of flashback. Who is fighting in this war anyway? Is it Mason....probably not because the last one took place in like 1965. I think the old guy was mason.

Based on what I've read on IGN, part of the Campaign is a prolouge of sorts with the old gang from Black Ops 1 fighting the Soviets in Afghanistan in the 80's...the Helicopter seems to be a Russian Hind and the terrain looks Afghan-esque so I'd bet thats the Afghan segment we are seeing.