Assault Carbine the new SMG?

USDevilDog117

Heard from the 343 Sparkast #12 (sometime around 30 minutes in) podcast. There will be a new(old) weapon in the game formerly called the assault carbine. It will apparently have a new title but that hasn't been mentioned as of yet. Anyway it has been described to have the characteristics of and old weapon we know that was good at "mangling" an opponent's shields. So, now instead of being a "depleater", it will be a "finisher".

To me this sounds very much like it could be a remake of the SMG. Thoughts anyone?

I'd personally love if it came back, especially if it was more useful like it was in halo 2.

Well a carbine is usually not a full-automatic weapon with a fire rate like the SMG. I think they should bring back the SMG entirely and bring back duel wielding.

Do you think that if we were to get enough gamers to support a petition to revive duel wielding that they would pay attention and put it in halo 4? Or at the very least in multiplayer? Or do you think that they'd even listen at all?

Do you think that if we were to get enough gamers to support a petition to revive duel wielding that they would pay attention and put it in halo 4? Or at the very least in multiplayer? Or do you think that they'd even listen at all?

I don't know how much stuff like that they are going to be willing to add into the game at this point. We're just over six months out. It depends on where they stand with the game. Chances are, even with a petition, at this point nothing will be done about it.

Duel wielding would be great but somehow I don't thin it will fit in the game. We will I see I guess

Unfortunately. Duel wielding is confirmed not to be in halo 4. So if the smg is in the game I hope they give it some kick like the ODST version

• Like 1

That would be a lot for 343 to do in this time. They would have to re model a lot of weapons. They would also have to work more on balancing the weapons.

But it wouldn't hurt to try.

Eh, I know a lot of people gave dual wielding a bad rap due to the inevitable Plasma Pistol/Magnum or dual Mauler. I think 343 is treading on thin ice by completely removing dual wield. Not putting it in multiplayer is sort of logical. But I think it should at least be available in Campaign and/or Spartan Ops, and definitely Custom Games.

Hopefully its the ODST Sub Machine Gun. I mean I loved the Halo 2 and 3 Sub Machine Gun but they were only good dual wielded and since 343 already confirmed no dual wielding I want the ODST Sub Machine Gun.