Just Accept the change

Spyro

I'm fine to wait and see how all the new features turn out, even though I am a little apprehensive to accept them.

But the big thing I can not let sit until the game comes out (In which time it may be too late!) is the fact that I very

much want the halo 3 ranking system to come back. I have a very good reason to worry since it was not in reach

and they are yet to have mention of such a system in 4 (there is still plenty of time for that thankfully).

Yet another chance for someone to say "STFU and adapt!" and for all these less-traditionalist minded Halo players to say "finally, someone gets it!" (even though they've gotten it already and have been getting it since before Reach came out).

IDK I'm so tired of this endless "OMG TEHY ARE CHANGIGD DI HALO" and the response "STFU AND ADAPT!"

Neither argument is valid. Don't spend time saying "they are changing they gameplay we know and love therefore the change is bad!" or "just shut up and accept the change."

Why?

Beacuse change can be either good or bad. It is completely a matter of the individual change. The reality is that new things that are introduced don't have to be bad, and new things by 343 don't automatically have to be good. This thread is useless and the OP is making a stupid redundant arugment (redundant beacuse its already been said) beacuse if people really followed his advice than the people at Bungie and 343 could expect not to get any backlash on any change that was made.They could make absolutely horrible changes from the community and expect not a peep out of us. Furthermore, the OP probably would not follow his own logic if the changes being made were bad enough to his particular tastes. More likely the changes which 343 is making do not bother him as much as they do others, so he is better off arguing why other people are wrong on those individual issues than generalizing as he is here. This thread is about as useless as many "OMG DONT TURN HALO INTO COD!" on the other side of this issue.

We should not simply have "Faith" in 343 and trust them...nor should we criticize everything they do. We should hold their feet to the fire and try to objectively analyze everything they do and consider those individual elements to see if they are good or bad. We can't know how features play until we have the game, but when we do play the game, some of those changes can be bad. Beacuse we are Halo fans' we should neither accept blindly every change that is made, nor refuse to buy the game beacuse we can't stand the aforementioned change.

The endless argument between these "ADAPT!" types (of which the OP is definitely one as of posting this thread) and the "OMG STOP CHANGE!" is retarded and I'm kinda surprised that people keep standing up and saying "we agree with you!". This is just stupid.

• Like 2

Yet another chance for someone to say "STFU and adapt!" and for all these less-traditionalist minded Halo players to say "finally, someone gets it!" (even though they've gotten it already and have been getting it since before Reach came out).

IDK I'm so tired of this endless "OMG TEHY ARE CHANGIGD DI HALO" and the response "STFU AND ADAPT!"

Neither argument is valid. Don't spend time saying "they are changing they gameplay we know and love therefore the change is bad!" or "just shut up and accept the change."

Why?

Beacuse change can be either good or bad. It is completely a matter of the individual change. The reality is that new things that are introduced don't have to be bad, and new things by 343 don't automatically have to be good. This thread is useless and the OP is making a stupid redundant arugment (redundant beacuse its already been said) beacuse if people really followed his advice than the people at Bungie and 343 could expect not to get any backlash on any change that was made. This thread is about as useless as many "OMG DONT TURN HALO INTO COD!" threads like it.

We should not simply have "Faith" in 343 and trust them...nor should we criticize everything they do. We should hold their feet to the fire and try to objectively analyze everything they do and consider those individual elements to see if they are good or bad. We can't know how features play until we have the game, but when we do play the game, some of those changes can be bad. Beacuse we are Halo fans' we should neither accept blindly every change that is made, nor refuse to buy the game beacuse we can't stand the aforementioned change.

The endless argument between these "ADAPT!" types (of which the OP is definitely one as of posting this thread) and the "OMG STOP CHANGE!" is retarded and I'm kinda surprised that people keep standing up and saying "we agree with you!". This is just stupid.

Well said sir!

• Like 1

You sure do have a lot to say after only playing halo reach for a grand total of 34 hours. I doubt you understand what makes a halo game good and why people are complaining.

1. Those are only my online hours and I have played many more hours offline in custom games.
  2. You shouldn't judge a gamer by the number of hours they've played.
  3. Yes I do understand what makes Halo what it is, a great game.
  4. What I don't understand is why people are complaining when all they hear are silly rumors from third person sources.
  5. I personally don't think you are very intellegent and you will, most likely, prove me right by actually carring enough about this comment to retaliate and post something back about how unintellegent I am.
  6. To the people who read this, this site will be even more awesome than what it already is when the members learn to stop hatting. So lets all make this site better by stopping the hatting on 343i and Halo 4. Which I can't stress enough, hasn't even come out yet!

Haters, and I don't mean that you're a hater just by leaving a mild comment on why you don't like something but that you continuely keep bashing on it because you don't have enough information to truely understand what it is that you are hating on, please do not leave a comment about this post. When I say post, I mean what you're reading right now, not the thread. I am not calling you ignorant, but there has already been confusion about what I've said.

NOTE: Haters, yes you are entitled to your opinion, and so am I. So let's all just stop saying that someones opinion is wrong. If you disagree then just say you do and explain why, there is no need for name calling or anything of the kind. Thank you for readin this whole comment before leaving a comment.

I mean if all this new stuff is done right it will be the best game ever but if its done wrong it will be the worst game ever we jut gt to wait and see.

Purely for the record here, the original ET game was and always will be the worst game ever. I'm serious, even the collector's edition is worthless. Almost every copy ended up in a land fill because of how badly it sucked. It didn't even go along with the movie.

Why?

Beacuse change can be either good or bad. It is completely a matter of the individual change. The reality is that new things that are introduced don't have to be bad, and new things by 343 don't automatically have to be good. This thread is useless and the OP is making a stupid redundant arugment (redundant beacuse its already been said) beacuse if people really followed his advice than the people at Bungie and 343 could expect not to get any backlash on any change that was made.They could make absolutely horrible changes from the community and expect not a peep out of us. Furthermore, the OP probably would not follow his own logic if the changes being made were bad enough to his particular tastes. More likely the changes which 343 is making do not bother him as much as they do others, so he is better off arguing why other people are wrong on those individual issues than generalizing as he is here. This thread is about as useless as many "OMG DONT TURN HALO INTO COD!" on the other side of this issue.

I will eventually find a way to argue with this statement, but untill then, you just about hit the nail on the head.

• Like 1

Why?

I found a way to word it. AHEM. You sir, are wrong.

These changes are for the better, atleast most of them are, and if you can't accept them then you obviosly haven't been with Halo since Combat Evolved. I wasn't there when it or Halo 2 was released but I was there for Halo 3, ODST, and Reach.

Am I the only one who found this part incredibly funny in the first post?

On topic though, the way info has been released without any sort of details has caused many people to have serious concern. Much of the new features sound bad but they may not end up turning out any way people are predicting. And instead of actually releasing some sort of details on the most polarizing news for the community, we get nothing. I'm personally trying to keep up beat on all the information until I can actually play it, but I can see why some people are freaking out so much.

On topic though, the way info has been released

without any sort of details has caused many

people to have serious concern. Much of the

new features sound bad but they may not

end up turning out any way people are

predicting. And instead of actually releasing

some sort of details on the most polarizing news

for the community, we get nothing. I'm

personally trying to keep up beat on all the

information until I can actually play it, but I can

see why some people are freaking out so much.

People are simply just afraid of what is to come. And who can blame them? This is a new company, with different standards and opinions, and different ways of deciding what to include. They are afraid of the possibility that they may not do as good as expected. So, as a result, they find the negatives in each of their decisions, I'm trying to stay positive, and keep people interested. But, I cant do all of that, that is their opinion if they are interested or not. We will have to see, I suppose.

On topic though, the way info has been released without any sort of details has caused many people to have serious concern. Much of the new features sound bad but they may not end up turning out any way people are predicting. And instead of actually releasing some sort of details on the most polarizing news for the community, we get nothing. I'm personally trying to keep up beat on all the information until I can actually play it, but I can see why some people are freaking out so much.

I admire you for your ability to not attack 343i or Halo 4 before the release of Halo 4. But you need to remember, if the finished product sucks all together, open fire.

This is just another thread where the OP is looking to get a pat on the head.

This is just another useless post.

While I may not agree 100% with the way the OP went about this, I do agree with the ideas inside the post. The comparing the game to CoD does need to stop, and the constant complaining needs to stop. I understand there are people who don't like the direction the game seems to be going, but without playing it, reserve the right to try it for yourself before passing judgement.

This is just another useless post.

While I may not agree 100% with the way the OP went about this, I do agree with the ideas inside the post. The comparing the game to CoD does need to stop, and the constant complaining needs to stop. I understand there are people who don't like the direction the game seems to be going, but without playing it, reserve the right to try it for yourself before passing judgement.

It doesn't help that it rhymed?

• Like 1

It doesn't help that it rhymed?

Not particularly, but it's cool! Gave me a laugh, though. For that you get a Like. But, like I said, people do need to stop ranting about why the game is going to be terrible. I don't say they need to "accept change" or "adapt" - - all I say is that they should try. If they still don't like it after giving the game a chance, that it's not their cup of tea? So be it, at least they gave it a shot and didn't act so arrogantly. Who knows? I could be one of those people. So could you, Constantly, or the OP. But without giving the game a chance, and all of these people claiming that they are not going to play the game? That's just being stupid.