Just Accept the change

Spyro

Overall, I'm cautiously optimistic concerning Halo 4.

I've heard more things I like about Halo 4 than things I don't. However, the things I don't really bug me, such as the rumor that we'll need to unlock weapons for use by using credits or points. It's very COD-like and has no place in Halo. It would be great if 343i talked about this in detail.

I'm taking the wait and see approach at the moment. More gameplay info and/or footage from 343i would go a LONG way.

Well I have been around since CE and I am a fan of CE, H2, H3 and ODST, however I am not a fan of the proposed changes in H4 partly because having AA's and certain weapons in H4 doesnt make any chronological sense and secondly because I played Reach and found some AA's pointless and others ruin the core gameplay and competitiveness.

Telling people to shut the heck up if they don't agree with you or the changes 343i propose is ridiculous considering this is a public forum designed so that people can express their own opinions and discuss with others.

Oh and to ask someone to apologize to you when they had a different opinion and so made you mad is just funny, you can't be serious. H4 may have similarities to Call of Duty, we just don't know all we have is rumours and speculation so the people saying it will be like CoD may be correct or they not be.

wow why do people think that AA and bloom and sprint are going to be the same way they were in Reach? it sounds like 343i have learned there lesson from reach and are going to make sure that all this new stuff will work. reach feels like it just missed the mark halo 4 i feel will get a bullseye. and why are people compairing it to COD why does it have to be like cod why not BF or other games? and why do people have to troll about the changes by now we get it you guys dont like the change 343i gets it to its not going to stop other people from liking it which i think you do understand and i guess we are doing the samething by saying welike it you get it it doesnt mean you have to like it. but people give it a chance this is halos rebirth for better or worse lets get the game and find out how it does.

wow why do people think that AA and bloom and sprint are going to be the same way they were in Reach? it sounds like 343i have learned there lesson from reach and are going to make sure that all this new stuff will work. reach feels like it just missed the mark halo 4 i feel will get a bullseye. and why are people compairing it to COD why does it have to be like cod why not BF or other games? and why do people have to troll about the changes by now we get it you guys dont like the change 343i gets it to its not going to stop other people from liking it which i think you do understand and i guess we are doing the samething by saying welike it you get it it doesnt mean you have to like it. but people give it a chance this is halos rebirth for better or worse lets get the game and find out how it does.

Not sure if your referring to me when you say "why do people" but you quoted me so I guess you are.

Firstly I've never mentioned bloom, secondlyI haven't read/heard that the jetpack, camo or hologram will be any different, and for me so long as a jetpack allows you to fly and you can use camo when you want and a hologram is still pointless it doesnt matter if they do change it. Let me just state (just incase it wasn't obvious) these are my opinions and I am not in any way trying to force them upon anyone else.

Some people may be comparing H4 to CoD as they feel the proposed changes are similar to features in CoD (obviously)

You feel that halo 4 will hit the bullseye, which is fine, its your opinion and you have every right to let others know via this forum, but people who dislike the changes being proposed also have that right. Just because someone has a different opinion than yours does not mean they are trolling.

If you are a true hardcore, diehard, death to the grunts halo fan, then stop complaining and accept the change. These changes are for the better, atleast most of them are, and if you can't accept them then you obviosly haven't been with Halo since Combat Evolved. I wasn't there when it or Halo 2 was released but I was there for Halo 3, ODST, and Reach. So guys, and moderators I am sorry for if I am breaking any forum rules by saying this, just shut the heck up and enjoy the fact that such an awesome game series, and my personal favorite at that, is getting not only a new game but a whole new trilogy at to boot! So what if it's not being made by Bungie? Yes, I see that as a let down too, but you need to at least give 343i a chance with Halo 4! And I swear to Twam that if I hear another person complaining about "Oh well Halo is turning into COD" "Why is the multiplayer like COD's" or "The gameplay is just a copy of COD" or anything like it one more time I swear that I will lose it! Just please stop hating on a game that hasn't even come out yet, and stop attacking 343I! If you can't do this then you're on the wrong site!

I agree that people should not be attacking 343 and should practice civil discussion rather than using blatant insults/arguing, but everything else you stated I more or less disagree with. First, Your first statement on hardcore halo fans was a complete generalization. I actually have been with the series since Halo 1, and I can see how a lot of these changes are causing people to get uneasy. Also, telling people to shut the heck up and to keep their opinions to themselves is just as rude as the people complaining/knocking on 343. So, you're just adding to the problem that you're complaining about.

As for the COD bit, some of the changes that 343 are making ARE most certainly pointing in the direction of COD territory. Does that make them the same game? No, but it doesn't mean that people shouldn't be able to express their concern with the fact that they don't want their favorite game to make the same mistakes as the COD has.

I agree that people should not be attacking 343 and should practice civil discussion rather than using blatant insults/arguing, but everything else you stated I more or less disagree with. First, Your first statement on hardcore halo fans was a complete generalization. I actually have been with the series since Halo 1, and I can see how a lot of these changes are causing people to get uneasy. Also, telling people to shut the heck up and to keep their opinions to themselves is just as rude as the people complaining/knocking on 343. So, you're just adding to the problem that you're complaining about.

As for the COD bit, some of the changes that 343 are making ARE most certainly pointing in the direction of COD territory. Does that make them the same game? No, but it doesn't mean that people shouldn't be able to express their concern with the fact that they don't want their favorite game to make the same mistakes as the COD has.

I have already appologized for those things. For others who are going to post please read all the previos posts. And please stop hatting on 343i. Thank you.

Not sure if your referring to me when you say "why do people" but you quoted me so I guess you are.

Firstly I've never mentioned bloom, secondlyI haven't read/heard that the jetpack, camo or hologram will be any different, and for me so long as a jetpack allows you to fly and you can use camo when you want and a hologram is still pointless it doesnt matter if they do change it. Let me just state (just incase it wasn't obvious) these are my opinions and I am not in any way trying to force them upon anyone else.

Some people may be comparing H4 to CoD as they feel the proposed changes are similar to features in CoD (obviously)

You feel that halo 4 will hit the bullseye, which is fine, its your opinion and you have every right to let others know via this forum, but people who dislike the changes being proposed also have that right. Just because someone has a different opinion than yours does not mean they are trolling.

haha i wasnt really talking directly to you as i think you figured out sorry for the confution. i just feel that lots of FPS games are doing stuff like this and cod wasnt really the first so why cant halo do a fue of these things it would if anything be like cod if they didnt. the biggest problem with cod is how static it is so by anyone saying i want it to stay the same or static and less like cod is wrong if it stays static its more like cod then it ever could be with these changes. halo has always had change why cant this one. one mediocre game and we need to be affraid of any evolution? but im rambleing again. also armor abilitys like jetpack may not allow you to fly as high lets say double your jump hight and thats it hologram will work fine camo could work if done right and forrunner vision is like a sonar short range and everyone can here you use it they dont have to be just like reaches. and yes it is my right to have an opinion as is it yours it is also everyones right to tell the other that there wrong if they believe so. it wouldnt be a democracy if we couldnt. DragonMonday is just expressing his as am i thats are right.

haha i wasnt really talking directly to you as i think you figured out sorry for the confution. i just feel that lots of FPS games are doing stuff like this and cod wasnt really the first so why cant halo do a fue of these things it would if anything be like cod if they didnt. the biggest problem with cod is how static it is so by anyone saying i want it to stay the same or static and less like cod is wrong if it stays static its more like cod then it ever could be with these changes. halo has always had change why cant this one. one mediocre game and we need to be affraid of any evolution? but im rambleing again. also armor abilitys like jetpack may not allow you to fly as high lets say double your jump hight and thats it hologram will work fine camo could work if done right and forrunner vision is like a sonar short range and everyone can here you use it they dont have to be just like reaches. and yes it is my right to have an opinion as is it yours it is also everyones right to tell the other that there wrong if they believe so. it wouldnt be a democracy if we couldnt. DragonMonday is just expressing his as am i thats are right.

Again, I apologize for the misunderstanding. I am not very good at speaking with others via threads. So for all the future thread readers, please read all threads and I am asking you personally to stop telling me the same thing over and over again. Thank you.

I think there may be two arguments regarding CoD

1) H4 may contain features that are similar to CoD (depends on who you ask as to whether that's a good or bad thing)

2) If H4 doesn't change then some people are saying H4 could become like CoD in the sense that CoD doesnt really change much (same engine for like 5 years)

I feel that a game should evolve which does include changes, but only small changes like we have seen in the past (new weapons, pick ups like power drain, bubble shield ETC...) my gripe is that H4's changes will alter the core gameplay completely, it may look like Halo but will it play like the game I've enjoyed since CE? I guess I'll have to wait for release to find that out.

Oh and no-one seems to care that the timeline is being completely ignored... FML

If you are a true hardcore, diehard, death to the grunts halo fan, then stop complaining and accept the change. These changes are for the better, atleast most of them are, and if you can't accept them then you obviosly haven't been with Halo since Combat Evolved. I wasn't there when it or Halo 2 was released but I was there for Halo 3, ODST, and Reach. So guys, and moderators I am sorry for if I am breaking any forum rules by saying this, just shut the heck up and enjoy the fact that such an awesome game series, and my personal favorite at that, is getting not only a new game but a whole new trilogy at to boot! So what if it's not being made by Bungie? Yes, I see that as a let down too, but you need to at least give 343i a chance with Halo 4! And I swear to Twam that if I hear another person complaining about "Oh well Halo is turning into COD" "Why is the multiplayer like COD's" or "The gameplay is just a copy of COD" or anything like it one more time I swear that I will lose it! Just please stop hating on a game that hasn't even come out yet, and stop attacking 343I! If you can't do this then you're on the wrong site!

You sure do have a lot to say after only playing halo reach for a grand total of 34 hours. I doubt you understand what makes a halo game good and why people are complaining.

This thread still won't change the fact that people will look the other way and complain about the change. Those who keep saying it's like COD can go burn in a fire, arrogance is not needed but people won't stop because they want the pointless attention.

I don't see a problem with people "complaining" about the changes providing they give reasons why .

"Those who keep saying it's like COD can go burn in a fire" ... Really? bit immature don't you think.

I don't see a problem with people "complaining" about the changes providing they give reasons why .

"Those who keep saying it's like COD can go burn in a fire" ... Really? bit immature don't you think.

i think bringing something new to halo will be refreshing sprint has been asked for since halo 2 (dont lie we all wanted it back then) and making your own loadout could work if the balance is right if weapons bleed over each other a little and if the maps are created with all this in mind. as long as i have no bloom BR halo 3 jump hight and no health ill be happy.

i think bringing something new to halo will be refreshing sprint has been asked for since halo 2 (dont lie we all wanted it back then) and making your own loadout could work if the balance is right if weapons bleed over each other a little and if the maps are created with all this in mind. as long as i have no bloom BR halo 3 jump hight and no health ill be happy.

I've seriously never asked for sprint in Halo, its a huge generalization to say that "we all wanted it back" and its also incorrect. Loadouts could work providing all the weapons you can choose from have a strength and weakness, otherwise everyone would just choose the strongest weapon, I agree about the no health.

I've seriously never asked for sprint in Halo, its a huge generalization to say that "we all wanted it back" and its also incorrect. Loadouts could work providing all the weapons you can choose from have a strength and weakness, otherwise everyone would just choose the strongest weapon, I agree about the no health.

i never said we all wanted it back i mean at some time we did want it maybe its just everyone i know who wants it your right not everyone prob wanted it. but its going to work in halo 4 one because when getting shot at your sprint slows down so you cant run away from a fight all its going to to do is speed up the game play and help get players from point A to point B quicker.

i never said we all wanted it back i mean at some time we did want it maybe its just everyone i know who wants it your right not everyone prob wanted it. but its going to work in halo 4 one because when getting shot at your sprint slows down so you cant run away from a fight all its going to to do is speed up the game play and help get players from point A to point B quicker.

Yeah I agree I think it will be a good thing in H4, atleast better implemented than it was in Reach.

Sprint is only in Multiplayer right?