Why is there no Halo Wars 2?

FlabbyChad

Stupid. That is what Microsoft is for not making a Halo Wars 2, or even having it out already. The best selling RTS console game ever, it sold over 1 million copies in the FIRST MONTH (March 2009), and I'm sure many more since then too (is now on the platinum hits list). IGN gave it an 8.4, which is from what I know, the highest RTS console game rating ever. Most critics gave it positive reviews, and the average review was an 8.2 out of 10. The halo universe is possibly the biggest and most popular of all video game history, and with the upcoming release of Halo 4 and possible new trilogy, the hype for a halo game (Halo Wars 2) would be huge. They should have already come out with a Halo Wars 2, but what better time than after Halo 4. I have played Halo Wars more than any other game. It is my "go to" whenever I get tired of playing everything else. It's always a great game a lot of people can come back to and never get tired of. I play with a group of guys online all the time, and there are almost always a few thousand people online. Rarely will you see the online numbers under 1000. No other game can compete with that. No other RTS game within the past few years still has that many players. Many play it religiously and are hardcore about it. The RTS console fanbase may not be huge, but it's very loyal and all of them would go for Halo Wars 2, including many general Halo fans. There is a huge audience to draw from, and no doubt it would sell another million copies fast. What is there not to go for as a video game producer? If I was to create a video game, and knew that a guaranteed million copies would be sold, why not? There is a lot of money to be made from making a Halo Wars 2, and I know lots of people who are dying to get their hands on a sequel. Microsoft and 343 already have the groundwork for an amazing game, and a big money maker, so I don't understand why they don't move forward with it. I have been waiting long enough to see a Halo Wars 2, and if it doesn't come after the release of Halo 4, then I will give up hope on Microsoft and the human species as a whole ;p DONT LET ME DOWN MICROSOFT!

I love Halo Wars passionately, we go together like peanut butter and jelly but I'm not disappointed that Microsoft didn't make a sequel yet nor do I think they're stupid. The game was made by Ensemble which was a branch of Microsoft that shut down. Now I'm hoping Robot can take over and all of us Halo Wars fans justice but I'd say it's going to be a few years from if anything. But I've said it before and I'll say it again I know we'll be seeing a Halo Wars 2, just like I knew there'd be a Halo 4, Halo game makers do not leave fans disappointed.

If they do remake it, it needs to be on the computer. Best selling console RTS isn't exactly a very prestigious title. Ensamble did a terrific job with the control scheme for Halo Wars, but it could be significantly more successful on the PC.

Oh, Goodness Gracious YES. PC Halo Wars 2 would be a blessing from the Forerunner Gods. Not only will I have a more efficiant contorol scheme compareable to Starcraft, I'll be able to experience the joy of playing as Grunts with BIG BLUE BALLS once more! Onwards to a future possiblity! The video game market needs these fresh ideas to break the trend of First Person Shooters!

I think y'all are both wrong halo wars is great because they did NOT make it like every other RTS. Most RTSs are fun yes but take forever and in the end are total boring. Take R.U.S.E. i enjoyed that game very much, bit it took a full 30 mins before you saw any real action. You had to set up supply lines. Protect those supply lines. In halo wars they took all of that out of the equation, which yes itlost some depth but it gained more in fun. No more were you bogged down with the tedium of resource gathering. Halo Wars focuses much more on combat, hence the title "Wars" not resource gathering. Most halo wars games last around 14-20 mins. That is long enough to have fun and short enough to play multiple games a night. Instead of the 2 hour games on most RTSs. They said they had a version that played like age of empires and it just didnt really work and thier testers didnt enough so the switched it to a base location layout. Most ppl that cry halo wars sucks is because they have not clue how to handle a rush with out building turrets to keep them out of thier base area. Halo Wars broke the mold for how a RTS plays and BRAVO to them. Im not against Halo going PC i just dont want them to change to the core game play cause right now it is FANTASTIC!

There needs to be a sequel to Hwars...but it should stay on the console. Halo Wars success was its simplicity and Rock Paper scissors gameplay. There is a room for a bit deeper stuff, sure, I'd like to see a credit system where you buy units and customize your army BUT Halo Wars would not be Halo Wars if they put it on PC and tried to Starcraft-ify it. Starcraft is Starcraft, Halo Wars is Halo Wars.

Having to micromanage a single squad of grunts so that they can throw plasma grenades exactly when I want ala Starcraft sounds good on paper but would not work on consoles...if you made a PC version, you would either make it much more deep and complicated (and generate a disparity between it and the console version) or dumb it down to the level of the console version in which case PC palyers would ***** about it.

343 should make Halo Wars 2 for the console, just focus on the console, and put a snazzy customization system in...and maybe try to focus harder on the campaign (I feel that is Halo Wars only real flaw). Other than that, leave the fundamentals the same.

• Like 1

Think about it this way, If HW2 comes out it would delay Halo5/6. Do you know what i think? I think After Halo 6 they should come out with with halo wars

2. Or maybe some kind of marine type of game that focuses on the one of the marines and the life of them.

Think about it this way, If HW2 comes out it would delay Halo5/6. Do you know what i think? I think After Halo 6 they should come out with with halo wars

2. Or maybe some kind of marine type of game that focuses on the one of the marines and the life of them.

This is Microsoft were talking here...they have armies...hell its not as if 343 would have to work on it...just let 343 ride roughshod over Robot entertainment seeing as how Robot is mostly Ensemble employees.

With regards to your Marine idea, I'd would like to see a ODST 2 which interweaves a story about ODST's and Elite Special forces.

Stupid. That is what Microsoft is for not making a Halo Wars 2, or even having it out already. The best selling RTS console game ever, it sold over 1 million copies in the FIRST MONTH (March 2009), and I'm sure many more since then too (is now on the platinum hits list). IGN gave it an 8.4, which is from what I know, the highest RTS console game rating ever. Most critics gave it positive reviews, and the average review was an 8.2 out of 10. The halo universe is possibly the biggest and most popular of all video game history, and with the upcoming release of Halo 4 and possible new trilogy, the hype for a halo game (Halo Wars 2) would be huge. They should have already come out with a Halo Wars 2, but what better time than after Halo 4. I have played Halo Wars more than any other game. It is my "go to" whenever I get tired of playing everything else. It's always a great game a lot of people can come back to and never get tired of. I play with a group of guys online all the time, and there are almost always a few thousand people online. Rarely will you see the online numbers under 1000. No other game can compete with that. No other RTS game within the past few years still has that many players. Many play it religiously and are hardcore about it. The RTS console fanbase may not be huge, but it's very loyal and all of them would go for Halo Wars 2, including many general Halo fans. There is a huge audience to draw from, and no doubt it would sell another million copies fast. What is there not to go for as a video game producer? If I was to create a video game, and knew that a guaranteed million copies would be sold, why not? There is a lot of money to be made from making a Halo Wars 2, and I know lots of people who are dying to get their hands on a sequel. Microsoft and 343 already have the groundwork for an amazing game, and a big money maker, so I don't understand why they don't move forward with it. I have been waiting long enough to see a Halo Wars 2, and if it doesn't come after the release of Halo 4, then I will give up hope on Microsoft and the human species as a whole ;p DONT LET ME DOWN MICROSOFT!

i do not think that they will make one