If 343 makes a game after Halo 4, 5, and 6 what should it be about?

CrimsonEYEZ

If another game is made other than Halo 4, 5, and 6 then it shouldn't be another O.D.S.T. game. It should follow up with the new red v.s. blue idea that they made for multiplayer. Also maybe following the Spartan Ops stories that will be released. You would play as your spartan, keep your rank, keep your armor, but have a standard color.

What do you think?

• Like 1

If another game is made other than Halo 4, 5, and 6 then it shouldn't be another O.D.S.T. game. It should follow up with the new red v.s. blue idea that they made for multiplayer. Also maybe following the Spartan Ops stories that will be released. You would play as your spartan, keep your rank, keep your armor, but have a standard color.

What do you think?

I think they might come out with other games, but we absolutely cannot try to guess plot, nor weapons. We can't can't can't. We have not enough information. After the new games come out, the storyline will unfold, and their may be holes in the canon where can squeeze in another great game. But that is later. Now is Halo 4 :heart:

• Like 2

I think they might come out with other games, but we absolutely cannot try to guess plot, nor weapons. We can't can't can't. We have not enough information. After the new games come out, the storyline will unfold, and their may be holes in the canon where can squeeze in another great game. But that is later. Now is Halo 4 :heart:

Good point, but it is still fun to just throw ideas around. Don't you agree?

• Like 1

Halo Wars 2 is dead. The idea died and copyright died with Ensemble Studios, so I wouldn't expect a Halo Wars 2. (I would know this because I've followed Halo and Ensemble Studios since they were making pixelated Age of Empires games!). However, I can't come to the conclusion that Halo may be able to continue after that point. ANYTHING could happen, for example, 343 could pull a Bungie and yet another company takes over Halo. But honestly, after 4-6, Halo would become (almost) like Final Fantasy. Almost 10-15 games of the same franchise! If you catch my drift, Halo has to end at some point. If it does, oh well, a good run! If it doesn't...

100 YEARS OF HALO! :)

• Like 2

Halo has the ability to continue forever because it is a fantasy game and not based on reality but it will change over time maybe even to the extent of gaining a new main character. I personally think that that idea isn't all bad even though without Master Cheif Halo wouldn't be the same. Master Cheif isn't immortal thought unless there's this secret we don't know so he has to die eventually or he might sacrifice himself to save the human race, the world, life as we know something like that. He might sacrifice himself and pass the torche onto the next hero in Halo.

• Like 2

Halo Wars 2 is dead. The idea died and copyright died with Ensemble Studios, so I wouldn't expect a Halo Wars 2. (I would know this because I've followed Halo and Ensemble Studios since they were making pixelated Age of Empires games!). However, I can't come to the conclusion that Halo may be able to continue after that point. ANYTHING could happen, for example, 343 could pull a Bungie and yet another company takes over Halo. But honestly, after 4-6, Halo would become (almost) like Final Fantasy. Almost 10-15 games of the same franchise! If you catch my drift, Halo has to end at some point. If it does, oh well, a good run! If it doesn't...

100 YEARS OF HALO! :)

What do you think of the new studio Robot composed of previous Ensemble employees?

A new Halo game after the Reclaimer Trilogy?..

Not sure sure I like the OP's outlook on things tbh. It just sounds like more of the same with no real substance to it... One of the things that I would really like to see from a Halo game, is an RPG. The Halo Universe is definitely rich enough to support this venture imo. Lots of modern RPG's strongly support the shooter side of gaming, so I don't think there will be any real loss to that part of the game. But the benefits of an RPG will really help develop the story the player is in, as well as character investment, which, if done right, could be imported into the MP side of things. Being an RPG, it would allow for cameo's from the Halo Universe to be included throughout the game/s, that could tell a fantastic story, as well as all the action.

Just imagine, a twenty hour plus campaign, full of action & rich story investment that you could totally immerse yourself into! You'd probably never want to play any other game ever again! lol :)

• Like 2

Halo has the ability to continue forever because it is a fantasy game and not based on reality but it will change over time maybe even to the extent of gaining a new main character. I personally think that that idea isn't all bad even though without Master Cheif Halo wouldn't be the same. Master Cheif isn't immortal thought unless there's this secret we don't know so he has to die eventually or he might sacrifice himself to save the human race, the world, life as we know something like that. He might sacrifice himself and pass the torche onto the next hero in Halo.

Unless he discovers the fountain of youth eh?

• Like 1

I think after they wrap up the story in Halo 4, 5, and 6, that if there isn't anything to continue on (all the enemies are dead and whatnot) then they should create the first console FTPFPSMMO, using the Haloverse. It will be a FPSMMO :o Not sure what it will be about, but it's bound to be amazing. lol

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

To be honest, the halo series will basically be over by 6, no need for 7. Because by then, most likely the covenant had already left, all 12 halo rings will be activated, and the ancient evil will be killed. Unless Halo 7 takes place way in the future way more advanced then before.

Or maybe, the next game will have nothing to do with Halo at all, start a new legacy.

I heard somewhere, i forget where, that they had a contract for 2 trilogies? that means 7, 8, 9. I don't know how that will work at all. Maybe how Mellcor above me mentioned that maybe in the far future?

If not though, it'll probably be finished. Halo 6 will come out probably 6 years from now. Maybe finish it off with a prequel about the insurrection? But I'll like to see it be finished, temporarily, at 6, then release a 7 a long time after 6 as a way to renew the franchise.

• Like 1