My account and console have been banned?

SHIZZx343

Not being AFC, killing AFC people, it's boosting.

And even then, the whole team would have to be AFC. If it's a single player, there usually isn't a problem. When it's a full team, the banhammer tends to think that you're doing it intentionally with friends to boost.

Spawn killing an inactive team counts as boosting to the banhammer. Boosting will ALWAYS get you banned.

So if I follow correctly your saying you can get banned for killing a team that decided to walk away from their controller mid game?? That is complete bs if that's the case. I figured it was just custom games like for example......say the dude signed in a couple guests and just killed them over and over in attempt to get credits. Maybe thats what your talking about, im confused lol.

• Like 2

So if I follow correctly your saying you can get banned for killing a team that decided to walk away from their controller mid game?? That is complete bs if that's the case. I figured it was just custom games like for example......say the dude signed in a couple guests and just killed them over and over in attempt to get credits. Maybe thats what your talking about, im confused lol.

It's the same basic principle as that. Two people each sign in three guests, play against each other and just kill the guests, headshots, assassins, etc, to boost. There's nothing saying that you couldn't also have a group of 8 friends who do the same thing. 8 sign on, one team plays the first game, the other team AFC's. Switch the next game. Banhammer can't distinguish.

It's the same basic principle as that. Two people each sign in three guests, play against each other and just kill the guests, headshots, assassins, etc, to boost. There's nothing saying that you couldn't also have a group of 8 friends who do the same thing. 8 sign on, one team plays the first game, the other team AFC's. Switch the next game. Banhammer can't distinguish.

O ok cool, thanks for the explanation. I personally dont understand cheating in a game but whatever floats their boat.

In normal matchmaking games the AFK players would have been banned, but in griffball the object of the game is to score, not to raise your k/d by spawn killing. In this case it's a lose lose for everyone. The AFK players are violating the rules by abusing a glitch (getting credits without actually playing) and the active team is taking advantage of them doing this by spawn killing them to boost their k/d rather than actually playing the game themselves, which is also seen as cheating.

Either way it violates Microsofts terms and conditions, and obviously can result in a ban.

I didn't know AFC can get your credit banned. Why would they do that?

Being AFC for multiple games will get you credit banned because it's "cheating". Cheating here is defined as "abusing an unknown or known exploit to gain benefit." In this case, credits without effort. The first cases of AFK boosting were actually in firefight matchmaking (the 4 player one) where players would be AFK and rack up credits while the other players had to kill wave after wave on their own. Not only did this boost the AFK players credits, but also their commendations. Lately, people have been AFKing in other lobbies because even if you don't play, you still get credits. And yes, it is a bannable offense, and I'm sure the AFK players in question were banned as well.
  • Like 2

In normal matchmaking games the AFK players would have been banned, but in griffball the object of the game is to score, not to raise your k/d by spawn killing. In this case it's a lose lose for everyone. The AFK players are violating the rules by abusing a glitch (getting credits without actually playing) and the active team is taking advantage of them doing this by spawn killing them to boost their k/d rather than actually playing the game themselves, which is also seen as cheating.

Either way it violates Microsofts terms and conditions, and obviously can result in a ban.

Being AFC for multiple games will get you credit banned because it's "cheating". Cheating here is defined as "abusing an unknown or known exploit to gain benefit." In this case, credits without effort. The first cases of AFK boosting were actually in firefight matchmaking (the 4 player one) where players would be AFK and rack up credits while the other players had to kill wave after wave on their own. Not only did this boost the AFK players credits, but also their commendations. Lately, people have been AFKing in other lobbies because even if you don't play, you still get credits. And yes, it is a bannable offense, and I'm sure the AFK players in question were banned as well.

Oh, ok. That's smart. I have had a few AFK cases in like, Living Dead. I wasn't able to finish the game due to dinner or something, and so I was gone for the last round and a half. But usually when I came back it says returned to lobby because player was away or something like that.

Oh, ok. That's smart. I have had a few AFK cases in like, Living Dead. I wasn't able to finish the game due to dinner or something, and so I was gone for the last round and a half. But usually when I came back it says returned to lobby because player was away or something like that.

Usually it returns you to the lobby if your controller has been disconnected. That's why people either put rubber bands on their controllers or come back every 10 minutes or so to move a joystick. lol

Usually it returns you to the lobby if your controller has been disconnected. That's why people either put rubber bands on their controllers or come back every 10 minutes or so to move a joystick. lol

I can't believe people would stoop so low. It's a GAME. We play for fun, and the rankings set us apart from who plays more/better. Rankings should be earned, not boosted to. I hate people like that.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I can't believe people would stoop so low. It's a GAME. We play for fun, and the rankings set us apart from who plays more/better. Rankings should be earned, not boosted to. I hate people like that.

The only game in which I've personally cared about rank is halo 3 due to the xp ranking system...I hate credits

• Like 1