New weapon revealed on the new Xbox 360 Magazine

It's the same concept but not the same thing. MACs fire depleted uranium cells, gauss cannon's always looked more like a beam of energy to me >.>

So while that weapon could be a handheld Gauss, I don't think there's any way that it would be a handheld MAC.

Guest Village Guy

Reminds me a little bit of the Gauss Cannon from Crysis.

I'm thinking that it is a smaller version of the Gauss turret from the Warthog - scaled down to be a portable weapon instead of mounted on a vehicle.

I'm thinking that it is a smaller version of the Gauss turret from the Warthog - scaled down to be a portable weapon instead of mounted on a vehicle.

since when can a guest post?

since when can a guest post?

I don't know, but I agree with him.

Well, I'll bring you guys up to date with what we know on the gun.

1. It's not a Spartan Lazar

2. It's a combination of Forerunner and UNSC tech

That's it, Frankie said it wasn't some other weapon too, but that escapes my mind.

That proves my suspicions about the Forerunner looking design. I'm guessing like, a rail gun. Multiple people have said that before.

It could also be the Assault Carbine.

it makes sense that is would be forerunner reverse technology since they start doing it so much after halo 3 in glasslands, has lots of similer beam tech with the two opening channel pieces.

there is no way a soldior (even a spartan)would be able to hold a portable MAC cannon, even a gauss rifle is a strech and would have to be weakened down, making it not worth it anyways

it makes sense that is would be forerunner reverse technology since they start doing it so much after halo 3 in glasslands, has lots of similer beam tech with the two opening channel pieces.

there is no way a soldior (even a spartan)would be able to hold a portable MAC cannon, even a gauss rifle is a strech and would have to be weakened down, making it not worth it anyways

Technically the UNSC has had handheld Gauss weapons for many years, since like 2517 or something. If you remember in Contact Harvest when they talk about Operatoin Trebuchet, the sniper Johnson was using that he didn't fire was a Gauss projectile sniper rifle

• Like 2

Technically the UNSC has had handheld Gauss weapons for many years, since like 2517 or something. If you remember in Contact Harvest when they talk about Operatoin Trebuchet, the sniper Johnson was using that he didn't fire was a Gauss projectile sniper rifle

yea your write about that but i still think gauss and mac rounds are on a differrent level in technology and how they work, but ill go look at it just to make sure

:)

It's obviously UNSC and I'd say it's probably called an AWE. Maybe 'A' stands for 'accelerated' (this would fit in with the GAUSS idea) and 'E' for 'energy'.

you could be on to something as he put emphisis on the awe in awsome because why would he do that if it wasnt a hint.

Yeah same, i immediately thought of a guass mini gun thingy

Yes it does look like a gauss weapon of some kind, but really? A "gauss mini gun thingy"? I am disapointed in your description.

• Like 1