New weapon revealed on the new Xbox 360 Magazine

Guest Spc Swat

But... does this mean chief is found? Or just using what gear is on the ship... I keep seeing the same thing with the comments, humans infused covvy tech into their equipment. Problem is its 4 years later and chief is awakened by the ship in the ending of 3... even if unsc weapons used covvy plasma tech, how would chief have it?

Guest Spc Swat

True. But those Spartans never returned to the unsc after they entered the Dyson sphere on onyx. Any thing outside was (implied) destroyed by the warhead... so my prior statement stands.

I've read so many people saying it looks like a mini-MAC cannon o.o.

Do you know how much energy that little weapon would have to generate to make it even a mini-MAC? Another thing about the mini-MAC theory is, what kind of ammo would it shoot?

Perhaps it's the forerunner version of an assault rifle, re-worked to shoot UNSC ammunition.. Could also be a forerunner sniper rifle re-worked..

Or... it's that new covenant plasma rifle-like thing that someone had mentioned.

• Like 1

I've read so many people saying it looks like a mini-MAC cannon o.o.

Do you know how much energy that little weapon would have to generate to make it even a mini-MAC? Another thing about the mini-MAC theory is, what kind of ammo would it shoot?

The UNSC has had vehicle-mounted MAC cannons for years (the Gauss Hog). It isn't much of a stretch to think that they could have developed one that can be used by infantry.