Are you upset that Elites will not be playable in Halo 4 Matchmaking?

ZB-85

Are you upset that Elites will not be playable in Halo 4 matchmaking?  

220 members have voted

1. 1. Are you upset that Elites will not be playable in Matchmaking?

I really hate that. I may just stick to Reach's multiplayer, because compared to Elites, Spartans suck. In a normal game of Invasion Slayer I get about 30 kills as a spartan, usually about 45 as an Elite. This annoys me VERY much, and the fact that there are going to be savage Elites fighting the chief. There was a truce, and some won't follow, I understand, but not ONLY are they removing them from multiplayer, they're letting you laugh over their dead bodies more as well.

• 1 month later...

I do apologise people but I must put my ore, or virtual palm over your mouths in a minute. First off, I am sad the elites are not apparently playable as they were a species i enjoyed (due heavily from the assassinations in REACH) but I can live without them in multiplayer etc.

As for the Elites and their weapons, I feel too many fans are simply going by what they believe and not researching the Halo CANON. The director is rather close and although I have skipped a few posts he is also the only one, besides Ms Misty I might add, who has a sane grasp on this universe.

Firstly, the San'shyum (forgive my spelling I do not write the xeno names often) we know of are the descendents of outcasts exiled from their own planet. They used the Dreadnaught (the ship in halo 2 and 3 that powered the portal) as a warship when they began a war with the Sangheili. This war began due to a major issue between both sides.

Both races saw the Forerunner as Gods, but where as the Elites idolised but refused to "abuse" the devices of the gods, the Prophets saw them as gifts to be used. Of course this meant it was almost as though someone was having a rock concert in your local church to the elites and although my knowledge on the fullscale war is vague I am informed well enough that the elites won the majority of the ground battles and the prophets (in no small part due to their Forerunner dreadnaught) the space and air battles. Eventually the elites were forced to "descecrate" the relics themselves in order to match the technology of the Prophets.

Ofcourse this meant the elites were performing the acts their enemy had done to start the war. Slowly both sides came to realise the war was, in lack of a better word, pointless and eventually made a truce which grew into an alliance. Eventually forming the foundations of the Covenent itself. The Prophets would become the political leaders in civil and religious affairs while the Elites managed all military ones.

The Hunters (species name I can no remember) had a similar situation. The elites found themeating the gods devices, such heracy meant the elites tried to wipe them out. Eventually it was realised that this worm like beings had a fascinating military advantage and were eventually permitted to join the covenent.

Grunts were (and I'm adding this for the hell of it) permitted to serve in the military due to their devotion and ferocity during the Ungoy rebellions.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask. My sources are primarily Halo Waypoint, Halo wiki and Contact harvest the novel.

• Like 1

I'm disappointed because the main gametype that I played in reach wa invasion. The game felt more realistic with Spartans v elites! Adds a certain amount of realism to the game... So I wa actually hoping that they would incorporate invaision into halo 4?

• Like 1

Well I never understood why people wanted to play as the ugly elites over the badass looking spartans (opinion), but I don't see how they can possibly justify wanting to have a multiplayer storyline as a reason to annoy a large portion of their customers. Lets be honest who's really gonna care if there's a story or not.

That's what campaign and spartan ops are for.

YES I'M, I'M A HUGE ELITE'S FAN (MORE FOR THE GENERAL GOLDEN ELITE) I HOPE TO SEE ALL RANKS WITH NEW AWESOME ARMORS ELITES IN MATCHMAKING, CUSTOM OR FORGE GAMES BECAUSE THEY ARE MY GAME HISTORY IN HALO, MY PASSION , MY CHARACTER (THE AWESOME GOLDEN ELITE GENERAL) :(, SO PLEASE 343 INDUSTRIES MAKE THE BEST HALO GAME WITH THE ELITES PLAYABLE, PLEASE I BEG YOU, SO MANY PEOPLE WHO IS ELITE'S FAN WILL BE VERY SATISFIED WITH THIS HALO. PLEASE REPLY, THANKS FOR READ :)

post-26941-0-56559000-1340921145_thumb.jpgpost-26941-0-66066300-1340921290_thumb.jpg

Frankly, elites in matchmaking just doesn't fit into matchmaking. Matchmaking occurs on the Infinity, a UNSC ship. Not really a huge surprise that there aren't covenant on the ship. Also a little tidbit, spartans run slightly faster than elites, and elites jump slightly higher than spartans. Aside from that, the only difference is their hitboxes.

Im sort of upset, yes. I much prefer elites to spartans, just because I think they look cooler. but then again, it doesnt really matter because i dont have live :-(. But there are more than just hitbox and speed differences. The most major of which is in reach, their shields and health.

Spartans: shields start regenerating after 6 seconds. Fully recover from empty in 3 seconds. Spartan health recovers in thirds( it will never regenerate more than a 'section' of 3 health blocks. Health begins to regenerate after 4 seconds and takes 5 seconds to regenerate. The first block will regenerate faster than the last 2.

Elites: shields start recharging after 4 seconds. Fully regenerate from empty in 4 seconds. Elite health takes 16 seconds to fully regenerate from 1 block. Elite health completely regenerates, eliminating the need to use medkits. The health regeneration begins quickly and ends slowly.

• Like 1

It doesn't bother me much about it, but we ALL know the time will come when we miss their death screeches and such..

I personally am sad because I'm in a Sangheili Fleet which is saddening even more we see rouge Elite's fighting us which is stupid because us Elite's are allies with Human's in the end of Halo 2 to 3

I heard that the Elites broke the friendship since the main reason they teamed up was already done. Its interesting to see if we face the Arbiter or will we be able to use him.

I think that its not big of a deal but there still should be elites should still be in a portion of matchmaking games like a completly seprite portion of slayer. Like elite slayer did. I wadent one for invasion but that seemed to make people happy maby a twist on it like an actual reason or story behind it

Elites have to be playable in halo 4! I mean wat would halo be without them? Without the arbiter or shipmaster or a normal elite, call of duty would make us go out of buisness cause we,d be too busy figuring out wat was missing from the game,plus,the arbiter kills the profet of truth,and he stood by cheif all the way to it,and lots of elites have aided the game for so long.So why take out elite gameplay?Its sad that peaple even suggestid it! So please,let peaple play as eltes in halo 4,you would be surprised how much etter the game would be.

• Like 1

all people who support elites in halo 4... we have a special thread for them here... https://forums.halo....atchmaking.aspx thank the OP if you agree...

I am dissapointed that they arent in halo 4 as well... I too am within an elite clan

Interesting, this thread was created such a long time ago and yet...everything within it is pure truth. The Crusading Spirit were always wise. Now tell me, which fleet are you in?

Interesting, this thread was created such a long time ago and yet...everything within it is pure truth. The Crusading Spirit were always wise. Now tell me, which fleet are you in?

well well well brother, it is the same fleet you mention. If you dont beleive me, ask the admiral medtelcam... i am seph 'vadam in his fleet, holding the rank of major. Any way, yes, avu knows much more about the halo universe than i

well well well brother, it is the same fleet you mention. If you dont beleive me, ask the admiral medtelcam... i am seph 'vadam in his fleet, holding the rank of major. Any way, yes, avu knows much more about the halo universe than i

Last I heard, the Spirit disbanded. Is this information truthful?