Whats your opinion on 'Spartan Ops'

valyou3

i thinks it good!!! :thumbsup: but 343i or microsoft r not thinkin bout pplz without xbox-live :cry: :ermm: :nono:, they should of neva got rid of firefight then, they need to release them on completion discs of spartan ops when the seasons r done on xbox-live just before halo 5, just like bungie did with the multiplayer map pack sets, i am currently tryin to start a movement bout this

https://www.facebook.com/MakeSpartanOpsAvailableForAllPeopleWithoutXboxLive?ref=stream

• 2 weeks later...

I am really pissed that Firefight has been replaced by something that can only be played on Xbox Live. Not all of us have live and now those who dont cant really modify their spartans to much etc.

Cheers for ruining what was meant to be the best game of 2012 343.

Microsoft is more to blame then 343i.Microsoft made a statement about the next Halo to 343 that selling millions of copies of the game won't be enough,Microsoft is trying to milk the franchise and their own company that runs xbox live by making you buy more memberships. Why do you think Halo 2 released when it obviously wasn't finished yet? money.If Bungie still developed the game it would still be then in one form or another.

It sucks that you have to have a Gold Pass to play spartan ops. It was said that you could play solo so it should be available to those who don't have internet. We should be able to just go somewhere and download it and take it home and enjoy it. Also AI bots should be available in War Games for those who don't have internet at home so the multiplayer maps are more than novelty items. Now I can't get any xp points to upgrade my armor. 343i has really crapped on us. Seriously, think about us poor saps who can't afford high-speed internet or it isn't available. Go the extra mile. Gears of War did and it was better for it. Bungie would have done it better. Get it together and FIX THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• Like 2

I love it , but I was trying to get the challenge for beating all levels on spartin ops and did so, but I didn't get credit for the challenge. Is anyone else having the same problems. But Yeah, Love Spartin Ops

Also, I think it should be something you can play without a gold membership. I didn't even know that and do have one, but I don't think it's fair to other people.

I like it and i'm looking forward to a continuing stroy. I like to play solo and the horrible frienly A.I. is killing it for me. Bad drivers getting stuck on things, getting to close to enemies, not taking cover, and crossing my firing lines. Nothing sucks like having a friendly A.I. flip the warthog right at the end of the first mission and dieing or having one cross in front of you and die because he eats the bullets meant for the elite your shooting at. Worse is that elite gets a few extra seconds to kill you. I still like the game and it's not like this hasn't happened in other halos, i just hoped it would have been a fixed issue. I like saving the marines but it's not good that i'm thinking of shooting them at the begining to the mission to have an easier time. i guess i ranted a bit, oh well. Still a great game and experience overall and i'm sure all the small issues will get cleaned up. Good job 343.

Right now Spartan ops has huge potential wasted because its far too easy and has no real challenge which is a shame because of the effort put into it shown by the quality of the episode cinematics. A live's system or a time limit is needed which both shorten with the increase in difficulty, finally Spartan ops is currently an XP boosting method getting large payouts in a relatively short time for matchmaking searches and blasting through it by throwing yourself at the enemies until they fall.

A good idea - far better than the expected Call of Duty Spec Ops we all expected, but they're far too short. Ten minutes per mission on normal difficulty with two players is not long enough for episodic content. I would also prefer it if the missions had a more narrative feel - sure, we have a few characters to meet and we get a cinematic every now and then, but the missions just boil down to 'destroy this' and then 'kill these'.

The consistent reference to scientists as 'eggheads' throughout is also grating. Can we just have one likeable NPC? Is that too much to ask?

My opinion on spartan ops is that is that it is boring.

1. Very repetitive.
  2. little to no replay value
  3. way to easy with the unlimited lives(very easy even on legendary).
  4. no scoring system.
  5. not fun and not built to play by yourself.
  6. cutscenes are lame.
  7. doesn't explain things(why are the prometheans still red if the didact is dead,because wasn't it when the didact regained control that they became red.
  8. why do we have to play as some lame sideline character named crimson.
  9. every mission feels like some petty errand.
  10. most missions end with just clearing out the same enemies over and over.

Great game 343 but spartan ops is in my opinion is pretty crappy .

1. Very repetitive.

4. no scoring system.

6. cutscenes are lame.

7. doesn't explain things(why are the prometheans still red if the didact is dead,because wasn't it when the didact regained control that they became red.

Your character in Spartan Ops is not named crimson. Thats the name of the fire team he/she is in. The Character is actually your created Spartan so I guess his name would be whatever you wished it to be.

It was never varified if the Didact actually died in the explosion. Considering this is a new trilogy, it is possible he survived falling into the beam and the following explosion of his ship, the fact that the Prometheans are still red supports this theory but like I mentioned, it has not been confirmed whether he is dead or alive. Other than that I must agree with you, unfortunately. :/

• Like 1

If I could play all the missions, i would say it is great. But I can;t play any missions on Quarry or fortress, which at this point in the season is 30% of the content. 70% of a game mode is just not good enough. Maybe I could complain about it being too easy, or repetitive, but those are all minor issues that seem to fade away when I CAN"T PLAY THE GAME.

The idea of Spartan Ops is fantastic, but it needs to be more full. I don't feel like I'm getting enough with the short CG clips and 5 small chapters mainly because so far it doesn't seem like everything is tied together yet (maybe in future episodes things will fall in place) and the missions seem very stale. All you do is visit a place you have already been to in campaign and kill a bunch of enemies that are thrown at you repetitively while you are directed toward different buttons to push. Relevant purpose is lacking.

The clips are cool though!

Your character in Spartan Ops is not named crimson. Thats the name of the fire team he/she is in. The Character is actually your created Spartan so I guess his name would be whatever you wished it to be.

It was never varified if the Didact actually died in the explosion. Considering this is a new trilogy, it is possible he survived falling into the beam and the following explosion of his ship, the fact that the Prometheans are still red supports this theory but like I mentioned, it has not been confirmed whether he is dead or alive. Other than that I must agree with you, unfortunately. :/

Thank you for correcting me and i'm pretty sure the didact was evaporated when he fell into the composer

Biggest issue I have presently with Spartan Ops is the repeat use of maps and the amount of button pressing.

Lack of immersion in some cases doesn't help. 'Pelican Down' was a good example. I mean, how much more difficult would it have been to include a small cut scene of your pelican being hit and including a crashed pelican at the initial spawn point...?

Saying that, it would actually be nice to see yourself being flown in and dropped off and picked up again, rather than all this fading in from black and out to black. I realise that it would add a bit more time to the start and end, but this is supposed to be a story...

• Like 1

I think that Spartan Ops is really cool, although, it's couldn't exactly replace firefight because its more objectively lead (That's my favorite part about it!) but I did hear about this special helmet that you can get when you finish the first three episodes on legendary? Is that true?

spartan ops.... fing..... RULEZ.... BALLZ TO THE FING WALLS BADASSERY RIGHT THERE!!! so much better than firefight (which i liked)

did yall know the Eps. 2 Ch. 5 always give 5000 Cr....

Biggest issue I have presently with Spartan Ops is the repeat use of maps and the amount of button pressing.

Lack of immersion in some cases doesn't help. 'Pelican Down' was a good example. I mean, how much more difficult would it have been to include a small cut scene of your pelican being hit and including a crashed pelican at the initial spawn point...?

Saying that, it would actually be nice to see yourself being flown in and dropped off and picked up again, rather than all this fading in from black and out to black. I realise that it would add a bit more time to the start and end, but this is supposed to be a story...

disregarding my excitement, i do kind of agree... the fading could be replaced with actual cutscences, and the reusage of the maps was a bit deterring, but creating 5 new levels a week would be strenuous if you think about it

1. Very repetitive.

4. no scoring system.

6. cutscenes are lame.

#1 its only slightly repetitive

#2 what is that even supposed to mean

#3 cmon.... we have to deal with campaign solo legendary, and dont be a try hard and say it was easy, it works well and it helps keep the more casual gamers happy

#4 i guess thats a personal thing

#5 is fun, highly enjoyable and was built well enough to be played solo, first mission... if you were by yourself, then there were like 10 wraiths scattered around for you

#6 i kinda have to agree on that one... but the video episodes kinda make up for it

#7 didact is alive

#8 somone already explained that to you

#9 yes and no... it may feel like that, but i find the gameplay to still be most enjoyable

#10 ..............there are only 2 races.... what do you want