Halo 2 dislikes

trent1986

Here is a list of what I did not like about Halo 2. (In no particular order)

• The combat in the campaign. I found fighting enemies in the campaign to be boring and nothing more than a chore. I don't know why this is, but I just don't have as much fun fighting them as I did in Halo: Combat Evolved.
  • The level design. The levels, while pretty to look at, just weren't that fun to play in for me.
  • The button combinations. These things might have been fun to figure out in custom games with friends, but I consider using them to be cheap and cheating when playing a legitimate match.
  • The power of grenades. In other Halo games the grenades seem to have a reasonable amount of damage and AOE damage. In Halo 2 however, I've found myself dying from a frag grenade when I've been standing a few feet from it with full shields and full health. The same can be said about the plasma grenade as well. Where as standing on a frag in other Halo titles merely takes down your shields and possibly a small chunk of health, in Halo 2 it just kills you outright. What I'm pretty much saying is that I feel the grenades in Halo 2 are far too powerful.
  • The exploitable locations on maps. There are spots in the maps on Halo 2 where I don't believe you were meant to have access to, or that they just didn't think about while designing them. These spots give players the opportunity to hide and wait out the rest of a match if they happen to gain the lead, or just hide there to avoid getting killed. It's cheap.
  • The overall lack of polish. Halo 2 was rushed and didn't have the time it needed to become a truly great game. Since it was rushed and has such a lack of polish, in my eyes it's nothing more than good. If I were to score Halo 2, I'd give it a 3 out of 5.

• Like 4

My dislikes:

Tarturus ending

Graveminds aweful poems

The killing off of the two high prophets

Tarturus again

The brutes power win in the story

THe flood looks

The shadow, it looked ugly as hell

Tarturus

The beam rifle, though they improved it in their next game

And finally...did i mention i hated tarturus?

• 2 weeks later...

My dislikes:

And finally...did i mention i hated tarturus?

You, sir, are a heretic for opposing the wisdom of our Prophets. By going against our decision to empower the superior race, you've commuted the crime of treason. The Jiralhanae aren't to be messed with, and their awesome packs will be hunting your flesh for dinner.

In all seriousness, do I even have to comment about how ridiculous Halo 2's multiplayer was completely unbalanced compared to the first game? The homing rocket launcher COMPLETELY kills any sense of skill one might have gained from playing around with everything else in the game. It's almost as if it was an "INSTANT WIN" weapon, and that's NEVER good in ANY one of these games. Reasons like these along with a rushed Campaign that left all of our hands scratching our heads back when it first came out easliy make Halo 2 the worst in the series, in my humble opinion.

You, sir, are a heretic for opposing the wisdom of our Prophets. By going against our decision to empower the superior race, you've commuted the crime of treason. The Jiralhanae aren't to be messed with, and their awesome packs will be hunting your flesh for dinner.

In all seriousness, do I even have to comment about how ridiculous Halo 2's multiplayer was completely unbalanced compared to the first game? The homing rocket launcher COMPLETELY kills any sense of skill one might have gained from playing around with everything else in the game. It's almost as if it was an "INSTANT WIN" weapon, and that's NEVER good in ANY one of these games. Reasons like these along with a rushed Campaign that left all of our hands scratching our heads back when it first came out easliy make Halo 2 the worst in the series, in my humble opinion.

Lol, another whiner about the RL but let's not forget about the CE pistol. Wail and moan all you want, the longevity and the amount of people who love H2 speaks for itself. H2 MP was fun for millions while several thousand hated it. CE, bounce bounce then pistol head shot, oh what fun that was, no strategy whatsoever, no team play.

Lol, another whiner about the RL but let's not forget about the CE pistol. Wail and moan all you want, the longevity and the amount of people who love H2 speaks for itself. H2 MP was fun for millions while several thousand hated it. CE, bounce bounce then pistol head shot, oh what fun that was, no strategy whatsoever, no team play.

Quite frankly, I complained about the Pistol in the combat Evolved Anniversary Topic! Looking at Combat Evolved, correct me if I'm wrong, but people realised that it did more damage than every other weapon because of its values. That is a programming oversight, so I can excuse than more than deliberate Balance Breaks. Either Way, They shouldn't be there in either Halo game to begin with. Halo's one of the most Balanced FPS games we've had in the longest time, and we wouldn't want that to go to waste, now would we?O

Oh, and as for the servers being shut down? I don't think that requires much of an explanation, IMO. We need to say that custom hosting can go a long way even after the servers died...

Quite frankly, I complained about the Pistol in the combat Evolved Anniversary Topic! Looking at Combat Evolved, correct me if I'm wrong, but people realised that it did more damage than every other weapon because of its values. That is a programming oversight, so I can excuse than more than deliberate Balance Breaks. Either Way, They shouldn't be there in either Halo game to begin with. Halo's one of the most Balanced FPS games we've had in the longest time, and we wouldn't want that to go to waste, now would we?O

Oh, and as for the servers being shut down? I don't think that requires much of an explanation, IMO. We need to say that custom hosting can go a long way even after the servers died...

In other words, all games have problems so that's a far cry from your diatribe about H2, CE has problems just as H2 has. I don't know what you mean by we, if you mean you then it's just another opinion. If you mean all of us, you have no business talking for us.

Servers being shut down? Did I say anything about servers? Also, don't say what we need, say only what you need or want, after all, it's only your opinion.

In other words, all games have problems so that's a far cry from your diatribe about H2, CE has problems just as H2 has. I don't know what you mean by we, if you mean you then it's just another opinion. If you mean all of us, you have no business talking for us.

Servers being shut down? Did I say anything about servers? Also, don't say what we need, say only what you need or want, after all, it's only your opinion.

Those right there are words of wisdom. It's not worth arguing about, it's an opinion / dislike. And it's true. Every game has flaws. Without further Ado, let everyone else voice thier opinions! The past is worth learning from to perfect the upcomming Halo 4!