•  

Toggle shoutbox 343i Community Shoutbox

@  Maestro : (20 November 2019 - 09:28 PM) yeah, but I think that shouldn't matter when you play with your buddies in campaign or screw around in custom games
@  RedStarRocket91 : (20 November 2019 - 05:03 PM) @Maestro I mean, Halo's aim assist is good, but like... it's just never going to be able to compete with a mouse for precision
@  343iBot : (19 November 2019 - 03:31 PM) Welcome to the forums, Lloydwem! :welcome: View Lloydwem's Profile
@  343iBot : (19 November 2019 - 02:05 PM) Welcome to the forums, Woodrowabsemo! :welcome: View Woodrowabsemo's Profile
@  Maestro : (19 November 2019 - 12:32 PM) I'm hoping at least the campaigns and custom games are cross-platform. I've heard PC players may have an advantage with matchmaking but I'm not 100% sure about it
@  RedStarRocket91 : (18 November 2019 - 03:30 AM) @UNSC Spartan-II No clue, but I hope so
@  343iBot : (17 November 2019 - 03:41 PM) Welcome to the forums, Skyanics! :welcome: View Skyanics's Profile
@  343iBot : (17 November 2019 - 01:44 PM) Welcome to the forums, OksanaDek! :welcome: View OksanaDek's Profile
@  UNSC Spartan-II : (17 November 2019 - 08:13 AM) Site Poll 106 is up: http://www.343indust...iring/?p=394088
@  UNSC Spartan-II : (17 November 2019 - 07:52 AM) They've done so with HW2, I'm sure they will with MCC as well.
@  UNSC Spartan-II : (17 November 2019 - 07:51 AM) @RedStarRocket91 I'm on board, will cross-platform sessions be available?
@  UNSC Spartan-II : (17 November 2019 - 07:50 AM) @Melody @Vitamin Pwn @Tommy @RedStarRocket91 Hey fam
@  343iBot : (16 November 2019 - 11:44 PM) Welcome to the forums, Feliciabaw! :welcome: View Feliciabaw's Profile
@  343iBot : (16 November 2019 - 03:55 PM) Welcome to the forums, leighca16! :welcome: View leighca16's Profile
@  Vitamin Pwn : (16 November 2019 - 12:52 AM) im down to play some reach when it's out on pc
@  343iBot : (15 November 2019 - 11:38 PM) Welcome to the forums, Balkonmepgotuyj! :welcome: View Balkonmepgotuyj's Profile
@  Tommy : (15 November 2019 - 10:37 PM) I agree
@  RedStarRocket91 : (15 November 2019 - 05:24 PM) Scrape together everyone who's still here and just play the heck out of some customs
@  RedStarRocket91 : (15 November 2019 - 05:24 PM) You know, once Reach comes out fully on PC, we should have a big old community event on it
@  Vitamin Pwn : (15 November 2019 - 02:22 PM) :sofa:

Photo

Tips To Avoid the RROD and RDOD

Red Ring of Death Tips Red Ring Of Death

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#41 Church

Church

The Voice of God

• 801 posts
Inspiring
  • Gamertag:tomfool13
  • LocationBloodgulch
   7             2               

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:41 AM

yes it is quantum...director and i have been working VERY hard...lol jk haha :D

Posted Image

#42 The Director

The Director

The Director

• Legendary Members
  • 5,123 posts
Legendary
  • Gamertag:AAN2
  • LocationNampa, ID
   2    5                                             

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:21 PM

Ok. Thanks!! :) Great info, D!

Oh, and an update for you (didn't think of it before) is to try putting your X-Box on coasters on the wood finish. You need one coaster for each corner (to prevent it wiggling and throwing the disk). You can pretty much use anything as a coaster. I've done the same for my laptop but with Monster cans xD

Posted Image

Don't forget to like people's posts.

Posted Image

#43 Quantum

Quantum

343 Guilty Spark

• Legendary Members
  • 1,412 posts
Dedicated
  • Gamertag:QU4N7UM

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:39 PM

Oh, and an update for you (didn't think of it before) is to try putting your X-Box on coasters on the wood finish. You need one coaster for each corner (to prevent it wiggling and throwing the disk). You can pretty much use anything as a coaster. I've done the same for my laptop but with Monster cans xD

That's smart. What about glass coasters? We don't have any wood ones.

LockSig_zpsb0b4ac65.png

#44 The Director

The Director

The Director

• Legendary Members
  • 5,123 posts
Legendary
  • LocationNampa, ID
   2    5                                             

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:34 PM

That's smart. What about glass coasters? We don't have any wood ones.

That will work, just as long as you put them on the corners rather than in the center lol

Posted Image

Posted Image

#45 mx439

mx439

Prophet of Regret

• Members
  • 128 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:mx439
  • LocationUNSC In Amber Clad

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:50 AM

My first Xbox 360 got the RROD five times. Every time it happened, I would just push the power button twice and keep on playing. I wonder why this doesn't work for other people. Lol. Now I have a 250GB Xbox 360 S.
JESUS LOVES YOU!

Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/user/mx4395. Please view and subscribe.

#46 italus

italus

Promethean Knight

• Members
  • 105 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:italus357
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:58 AM

xbox abuse!! report to microsoft
You Will Die To My Bullet
Posted Image

#47 mx439

mx439

Prophet of Regret

• Members
  • 128 posts
Liked

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:52 PM

Mwahahahaha! I attacked my Xbox because of it's ignorance. That's in the 10 commandments of video games. #1: Xbox, thou shalt work! It did not work, so I attacked it. Lol.
JESUS LOVES YOU!

#48 The Director

The Director

The Director

• Legendary Members
  • 5,123 posts
Legendary
  • LocationNampa, ID
   2    5                                             

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:38 AM

My first Xbox 360 got the RROD five times. Every time it happened, I would just push the power button twice and keep on playing. I wonder why this doesn't work for other people. Lol. Now I have a 250GB Xbox 360 S.

There are tons of ways that people have gotten their x-box to stop red ringing, but those are after it started, which isn't the point of this thread. This thread is to teach you how to not let it happen. :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

#49 mx439

mx439

Prophet of Regret

• Members
  • 128 posts
Liked

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:00 AM

Yeah. I was just saying, because if one of you got it, you would know something that you can do to get rid of it.
JESUS LOVES YOU!

#50 italus

italus

Promethean Knight

• Members
  • 105 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:italus357
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:02 PM

one of the most problems that gives the xbox the RROD is when the xbox is powered on and a CD is in the xbox it is constantly moving and heating itself up
You Will Die To My Bullet
Posted Image

#51 Quantum

Quantum

343 Guilty Spark

• Legendary Members
  • 1,412 posts
Dedicated
  • Gamertag:QU4N7UM

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:33 PM

There are tons of ways that people have gotten their x-box to stop red ringing, but those are after it started, which isn't the point of this thread. This thread is to teach you how to not let it happen. :D

My friend's xbox got the RROD, and he just bought I new one. I will recommend him to either check these tips out, or let me print him a copy.

LockSig_zpsb0b4ac65.png

#52 mx439

mx439

Prophet of Regret

• Members
  • 128 posts
Liked

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:02 PM

There is a tutorial about how to get rid of it. Here is the website: http://www.metacafe....eath_fix_real/. My history teacher used this video to get rid of RROD. It really works. What if you do these steps before it happens. Do you think that it will prevent the RROD?
JESUS LOVES YOU!

#53 The Director

The Director

The Director

• Legendary Members
  • 5,123 posts
Legendary
  • LocationNampa, ID
   2    5                                             

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:34 AM

There is a tutorial about how to get rid of it. Here is the website: http://www.metacafe....eath_fix_real/. My history teacher used this video to get rid of RROD. It really works. What if you do these steps before it happens. Do you think that it will prevent the RROD?

The reason why that works to fix the RRoD is because first they clean it, then they add some washers to the heat sink screws, and then they overheat it to repair the soldering. This only fixes, it doesn't prevent.

Not to mention that if you do it wrong you have to buy a new x-box because doing what they showed in the video voids your warranty. Doing what's shown in the video is a "final stand" technique.

That means, if you don't have a warranty (because you mod, bought your x-box from a pawn shop, etc.) and have tried everything else, this is the last thing you can try. Taking apart your x-box should be avoided as much as possible simply because it's an expensive piece of machinery and if you aren't careful, you will have to buy a new one. The ONLY time you should even consider taking your X-Box apart is if it no longer works.

Going to say it one more time for good measure:

NEVER TAKE YOUR X-BOX 360 APART TO TRY TO PREVENT A RRoD!

Posted Image

Posted Image

#54 mx439

mx439

Prophet of Regret

• Members
  • 128 posts
Liked

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:38 AM

The reason why that works to fix the RRoD is because first they clean it, then they add some washers to the heat sink screws, and then they overheat it to repair the soldering. This only fixes, it doesn't prevent.

Not to mention that if you do it wrong you have to buy a new x-box because doing what they showed in the video voids your warranty. Doing what's shown in the video is a "final stand" technique.

That means, if you don't have a warranty (because you mod, bought your x-box from a pawn shop, etc.) and have tried everything else, this is the last thing you can try. Taking apart your x-box should be avoided as much as possible simply because it's an expensive piece of machinery and if you aren't careful, you will have to buy a new one. The ONLY time you should even consider taking your X-Box apart is if it no longer works.

Going to say it one more time for good measure:

NEVER TAKE YOUR X-BOX 360 APART TO TRY TO PREVENT A RRoD!

The reason why my History teacher did this to get rid of the RRoD, was because his warranty ended. Isn't a 1 year warranty?
JESUS LOVES YOU!

#55 Ailean

Ailean

Prophet of Regret

• Members
  • 136 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:Ailean 117
  • LocationSydney

Posted 25 November 2014 - 10:53 AM

Yeah this topic is kinda old,but I need to reply.First of all I want to thank The Director by helping me out with some issues.About tips on this topic,no doubt they're very simply explained.I'll just add a question.

Is vacuum cleaning allowed?

Posted Image

Chief: It was my job to take care of you.
Cortana: We were supposed to take care of each other. And we did.

#56 Church

Church

The Voice of God

• 801 posts
Inspiring
  • Gamertag:tomfool13
  • LocationBloodgulch
   7             2               

Posted 25 November 2014 - 02:27 PM

I would recommend compressed air canisters, not a vacuum. Sure dust will get everywhere, but it's more precise and you have less of a chance of damaging your Xbox. You can buy them pretty much everywhere, just little cans of compressed air, look like mini spray paint bottles.

Posted Image

#57 Ailean

Ailean

Prophet of Regret

• Members
  • 136 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:Ailean 117
  • LocationSydney

Posted 25 November 2014 - 05:10 PM

I would recommend compressed air canisters, not a vacuum. Sure dust will get everywhere, but it's more precise and you have less of a chance of damaging your Xbox. You can buy them pretty much everywhere, just little cans of compressed air, look like mini spray paint bottles.

Thanks Church,

Sure air cans are way better and safer for cleaning xbox inside,but I'm curious about one thing.How much one compressed air can lasts?What's your durability experience?

Posted Image

Chief: It was my job to take care of you.
Cortana: We were supposed to take care of each other. And we did.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Red Ring of Death, Tips, Red, Ring, Of, Death

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users