The Red Ring of Death

Church

Got the 3 Ring with my original XBox. Sad, sad day because it was a week after Halo 3 came out. Microsoft sent a refurbished one, worked great until it stopped reading discs. :thumbdown:

New slim works great, though!

Got the 3 Ring with my original XBox. Sad, sad day because it was a week after Halo 3 came out. Microsoft sent a refurbished one, worked great until it stopped reading discs. :thumbdown:

New slim works great, though!

Typical M$ shiii---take mushrooms.

Wow, I didn't know about the RDoD on the slims. I'll have to watch out for that. Nice read. I fell victim to the RRoD on my original xbox, however upon writing a letter of complaint to the CEO of Game and Gamestation, they sent me a free slim, and around £100 worth of stuff :thumbsup:

Wow, I didn't know about the RDoD on the slims. I'll have to watch out for that. Nice read. I fell victim to the RRoD on my original xbox, however upon writing a letter of complaint to the CEO of Game and Gamestation, they sent me a free slim, and around £100 worth of stuff :thumbsup:

OOH YOU LUCKY LUKEY DOG!!! (no offense Luke or AD lol haha :D )

• Like 2

I fix consoles and to be honest red ring is inevitable. So for all of the people bragging that your console still hasn't died, watch out ;), start knocking on wood if i were you. The xbox 360 besides the slim are poorly designed and most definitely will fail.Depends on how much use they get and how often, sometimes its just luck of the draw to.

• 3 weeks later...

I fix consoles and to be honest red ring is inevitable. So for all of the people bragging that your console still hasn't died, watch out ;), start knocking on wood if i were you. The xbox 360 besides the slim are poorly designed and most definitely will fail.Depends on how much use they get and how often, sometimes its just luck of the draw to.

I hear you. Just microsoft cheap stuff.

I have a friend who has suffered from the RROD. He used to have one of the earlier model Arcades. About two years went by, and he was hit with the red ring. He then gave it to his brother in law who fixed it, and is still using it to this day. My friend now has a 360 elite which he has had for about two or so years and it's working well for him. He keeps all his consoles in a relatively cool environment.

I have never had the RROD or RDOD since I've only had an Xbox 360 S 4GB that I bought with graduation money a year ago. However, I am currently awaiting for it to return from repairs as the internal wireless stopped working. So I'm hoping that it'll work perfectly fine again when I get it back. I also hope I get it back next week.