•  

Toggle shoutbox 343i Community Shoutbox

@  Sierra Forge : (25 July 2017 - 09:07 PM) Jes. :D
@  Halo6 Follower : (25 July 2017 - 09:06 PM) Lol - yup
@  Halo6 Follower : (25 July 2017 - 09:06 PM) This the Roblox one?
@  Sierra Forge : (25 July 2017 - 09:05 PM) https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be
@  Sierra Forge : (25 July 2017 - 09:05 PM) Its finally finished! I had to delete the video because it wouldn't process, so I uploaded it again, and it actually worked this time! yay!
@  Halo6 Follower : (25 July 2017 - 08:50 PM) Look at that awesome Banner colour haha.
@  343iBot : (25 July 2017 - 07:12 PM) Welcome to the forums, Kevmuffin! :welcome: View Kevmuffin's Profile
@  Drizzy_Dan : (25 July 2017 - 06:04 PM) http://www.343indust...amhack-atlanta/
@  Drizzy_Dan : (25 July 2017 - 05:22 PM) Sorry Europe: http://www.343indust...lo-tournaments/
@  Fyshy : (25 July 2017 - 03:10 PM) @Connor Kenway Still Gold, :P
@  Sierra Forge : (25 July 2017 - 12:55 PM) oH, He grabbed the BR and smashed it to pieces over Lockes head! Even better!
@  Sierra Forge : (25 July 2017 - 12:28 PM) The only thing I appreciate from this fight, is the fact how they implemented how strong the Spartans actually are. Master Chief breaks Lockes BR in half like it was nothing.
@  Sierra Forge : (25 July 2017 - 12:21 PM) May be a few hours... :/
@  Sierra Forge : (25 July 2017 - 12:19 PM) @Connor Kenway lol
@  Sierra Forge : (25 July 2017 - 12:18 PM) The Roblox video is actually taking a little while longer to process. Ill post the link when it finally does XD
@  343iBot : (25 July 2017 - 04:46 AM) Welcome to the forums, RobDaniels! :welcome: View RobDaniels's Profile
@  Halo6 Follower : (25 July 2017 - 12:38 AM) Oh, you. Lol
@  Connor Kenway : (25 July 2017 - 12:20 AM) :whistle:
@  Connor Kenway : (25 July 2017 - 12:20 AM) I erm, didn't watch it I was referring to my new color :whistling:
@  Halo6 Follower : (24 July 2017 - 11:20 PM) Me too!

Photo

Half scoping, quick scoping, hard scope, drag scoping, bunch of baloney.

22 replies to this topic

#1 Gabriel

Gabriel

Hunter

• Members
  • 25 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:Delcore
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:01 PM

Does it really annoy you when you done a really good sniper kill in say team slayer or somthing and then a loads of guys (normally in the same clan) go "thats a crap kill cos it was a hard scope". What the heck is a HARD SCOPE? Well its when you aim down the scope... well pardon me, but that's sorta what a sniper is there for you downy.

I dont know why they are so many people obsessed with the "different techniques". In Halo reach and as i still think of it as, wasnt it always just quick scope (when you aim down as soon as you aim and shoot) and the classic no-scope. That was it. Nevertheless, now i have heard all of these,

Hard scope (when you aim!?)
Crap scope (What is this!!!)
half scope (when you aim but not fully... i think)

Why is the sniper rifle turning into this? In halo reach, call of duty, and even in halo 3. People can't seem to understand that a sniper is suppose to be quiet, sly, sneaky, and swiftly kill his enemies without being noticed.

He isn't suppose to be run and gun like the assault team.
"Dear Humanity, we regret being alien ********, we regret coming to Earth, and we most definitely regret that the Corps just blew up our raggedy-*** fleet!"

#2 Archangel Tyrael

Archangel Tyrael

Aspect of Justice

• Legendary Members
  • 2,373 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:iThom Soyah
  • LocationUnited States.
3       2                                          

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:04 PM

Agreed, a sniper is a sniper, not some run and gun class or weapon. Annoying, and just ignore those people, they are just mad.
Posted Image

#3 Lᴜᴋᴇ

Lᴜᴋᴇ

343 Guilty Spark

• Members
  • 1,358 posts
Dedicated
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:17 PM

How are people knowing this? There aren't killcams.
But back to the point, I do agree, it is ridiculous. Whilst I like to quickscope in CoD, Halo is just.....No.

#4 ZB-85

ZB-85

The Welcomer

• Dedicated Members
  • 2,158 posts
Inspiring
  • Locationlat -64.998700 lon -60.775354 elev 69 ft.

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:25 PM

A sniper is meant to be a long range weapon that kills with one shot. Its meant to be used with a scope so it only takes one shot, not 3 or 4 shots. Thats where the saying " One shot. One kill " came from. I agree that the players are now even messaging to explain how " You don't shoot the sniper right" . I think its meant to be zoomed in from a distance. Not any of these other names that players give them now a days.

tumblr_mql9hpBw9n1qj13yko1_500.gif

#5 DerpWithAGun

DerpWithAGun

Cortana

• Trusted Members
  • 367 posts
Trusted
  • Gamertag:Le Derp King
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:27 PM

This is the reason why I LOVE seeing Azaxx sniping in matchmaking. He chooses Invisible AA and gets the sniper, it's so fun to watch! Just camps it out and no one ever sees him.

#6 Zaguroth

Zaguroth

Tiddlieroth

• Dedicated Members
  • 644 posts
Dedicated
  • Gamertag:Zaguroth
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:31 PM

I don't even quick scope or no scope when I play Call of Duty... >.>
And yes, Halo sniper is meant to be zoomed in... but I do like how Donut can use it like a shotgun lol.
Posted Image

#7 Gabriel

Gabriel

Hunter

• Members
  • 25 posts
Liked
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:28 PM

Haha, I was playing Halo Reach today and just sitting back with the sniper rifle taking pop shots. I got a message saying something like. "Dude wtf? You can't camp with a sniper rifle!!! You are a camper and have no skill. Come drag scope with me on MW3 and I'll beat you down".

...-.-... I don't understand why people say the sniper rifle is a "Campers Tool". The sniper rifle was invented to take LONG RANGE shots and take out enemies lethally. As I say again, do people not understand that the sniper rifle isn't the assault weapon, or is it that they want to look like a professional because they can try to spin around in a circle and shoot the person. (Not only does spinning around in a circle give me more time to kick their butt, it also lets them look stupid when they get blasted in the face. =D )
"Dear Humanity, we regret being alien ********, we regret coming to Earth, and we most definitely regret that the Corps just blew up our raggedy-*** fleet!"

#8 BushTucka

BushTucka

Jackal

• Members
  • 11 posts
Liked

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:06 AM

since when was staying in a sniper nest considered bad camping anyway?

my idea of camping is close quarters in a corner or shadow where if the enemy wants to kill you they only have one way in; through the bottlenecked doorway into your shotgun lol.

#9 BushTucka

BushTucka

Jackal

• Members
  • 11 posts
Liked

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:07 AM

thank mw2 for all these idiotic ideas about sniping lol.

#10 Azaxx

Azaxx

Enigma

• Legendary Members
  • 3,680 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:Azaxx
  • LocationAustralia
2                   2    2                                       

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:18 AM

This is the reason why I LOVE seeing Azaxx sniping in matchmaking. He chooses Invisible AA and gets the sniper, it's so fun to watch! Just camps it out and no one ever sees him.

Thank you, someone who finally doesnt say how much of a noob i am for doing that, because that IS the best way in reach to snipe, u dont get seen, and you kill like a proper sniper, by scoping!

-King of Azaxxinations-

#11 Caboose

Caboose

Prophet of Mercy

• Trusted Members
  • 240 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:Misconfigured
  • LocationBlood Gulch

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:02 AM

We are talking about reach right ? not call of duty ?

I have never had this happen to me

Hardscope = using a sniper properly

#12 EG Biggles

EG Biggles

The King

• Dedicated Members
  • 4,605 posts
Heroic
  • LocationUnderneath your rock.
4    3                                             

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:40 AM

Thank you, someone who finally doesnt say how much of a noob i am for doing that, because that IS the best way in reach to snipe, u dont get seen, and you kill like a proper sniper, by scoping!

Active camo IMO is Overpowered.

First British MoM.
1st Member to have 4000+ Posts

Only have a PS4, no longer have a 360.

Want to find out how to improve at Halo Reach and 4? Look no further! http://343i.org/2io

I may get an Xbox One for Halo 5, but not for MCC.
Now Semi-retired.

#13 The Director

The Director

The Director

• Legendary Members
  • 5,121 posts
Legendary
  • Gamertag:AAN2
  • LocationNampa, ID
   2    5                                             

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:34 AM

^ This lol

As far as sniping goes, yeah it's long range, but it feels SOOO good to pop an enemies head off without scoping xD When I get the ability to make a montage I'll show you how often I don't even bother scoping lol

Posted Image

Don't forget to like people's posts.

Posted Image

#14 Gabriel

Gabriel

Hunter

• Members
  • 25 posts
Liked
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:10 AM

I know how you all feel about the good feelings. What I'm aiming for is the main purpose though. I can't use a sniper rifle in any game now without having someone mentioning >Example< (Drag) Scope.

It's very annoying how people think it's a campers tool when the purpose is to just aim,shoot, and repeat. Not be the Heavy Machine gun member with a sniper rifle. Here's my thoughts anyway.

If your a sniper, --> Go in the back and cover us.

If your an assault loadout, --> Get in the frontlines!

#15 Azaxx

Azaxx

Enigma

• Legendary Members
  • 3,680 posts
Heroic
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:16 AM

it may be OP
BUT, would you want kills or stay ignorant and not get more.....i prefer the more option

-King of Azaxxinations-

#16 FIREN4

FIREN4

The Wandering Caretaker

• Dedicated Members
  • 1,568 posts
Trusted
  • Gamertag:FIREN4
  • LocationReach

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:52 PM

That IS the way to snipe! Finally someone else gets it!

#17 Azaxx

Azaxx

Enigma

• Legendary Members
  • 3,680 posts
Heroic
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:15 PM

That IS the way to snipe! Finally someone else gets it!

Ever got hate from it, i get it alot now

-King of Azaxxinations-

#18 Gabriel

Gabriel

Hunter

• Members
  • 25 posts
Liked
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:41 PM

Yeah, theres sure seems to be lots of hating for people who use the sniper rifle the proper way. It just seems like this newer era is absored into that "omg hard scope" time. In the end though, what can we possibly do to reshape the sniper rifles purpose? :(

#19 DoctorB77

DoctorB77

Unlicensed, M.D.

• Dedicated Members
  • 4,493 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:DoctorB77
  • LocationNow taking Vitamin PWN.

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:07 AM

We are talking about reach right ? not call of duty ?

I have never had this happen to me

Hardscope = using a sniper properly

So true

Posted Image

"Each one of these souls is finite and precious. And I'm close. Close to saving them all." -The Librarian

2nd Member to reach 4000 posts - 12/16/12

Posted Image

#20 Cupman

Cupman

Cup Ambassador

• Dedicated Members
  • 872 posts
Trusted
  • Gamertag:lX Cupman Xl
  • LocationAustralia QLD

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:59 AM

It feels so good when you pull off a tricky no-scope, although hard scoping is the proper way to snipe and thats how it should be

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users