Halo: Reach or Halo 3 Assault Rifle?

a live dinosaur

I don't think that the Halo 3 Assault Rifle will be back, even though it wins my vote. Regardless, 343i is coming at Halo 4 with similar graphics as Halo: Reach (maybe tweaked a little bit), and will probably use something that looks like the Reach assault rifle over the Halo 3 look. Let's take into example the Halo: Reach Battle Rifle, it has already been announced and pictures have been released. Correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't it look like it has a Halo: Reach skin? It reminds me of the Reach assault rifle because of it's mount on the top. It looks "holographicy", just like the mount on the Reach assault rifle that displays ammo on the blue screen with white writing.

-MaGIIXz

• Like 1

I like there to be a Battle Rifle that you can switch between Single Shot Triple Shot and Full Auto

I was thinking about this, and was wondering if that's how they're going to implement the DMR. A single shot from the BR that is more accurate at a longer distance vs a 3-round burst from the BR that is better for close-mid ranges.

I like that the Assault Rifle in Reach gave you more control over its firing. The fact that you could actually hear it when firing was a nice bonus too.

In terms of firepower and minimum accuracy, I'd prefer something along the lines of the Halo 3 edition. The spare round cap would be nice, too. The firing sound needs to be improved though, and I'd like if shorter bursts could be as accurate as those in Reach.