April Forge Contest!

Absolute Dog

hey how bout we do something more fair, like we submit our maps and AD can put them in a voting thread but without putting the map maker's name, to prevent biased results? i think it would clean up the voting a little more.

thats a silly idea, plus people arnt bias when they vote, and people want to know who they are voting for just for their notice.

All contestants have to vote, including you. How will you vote if there are no screenshots of our maps?

So my map is going to be judged purely based on aesthetics rather than how well it plays? That's the stupidest thing i've ever heard. I was looking forward to this contest but there's no way I'm entering now I know it has been organized this way. Also seen as most of the entrants know each other it pretty much invites massive bias. To be honest, if I had the time I could pretty much ask my friends to enter and vote and no one would ever find out, so rigging the entire thing wouldn't really be too difficult. Good luck to the entrants though I suppose.

You know. Download the map. Play it.

The same way that you're SUPPOSED to be choosing your votes.

No one is going to do that. Think of the BTB category. I can't just rustle up fifteen other people out of nowhere to play those. Even 4v4 would be very difficult to be honest. It would be so much easier/fairer if the admins just judged the maps themselves. I appreciate wanting to involve the community in the process but it just promotes unfairness/bias/rigging.

hey how bout we do something more fair, like we submit our maps and AD can put them in a voting thread but without putting the map maker's name, to prevent biased results? i think it would clean up the voting a little more.

You can only download a map if you know their gamertag.

thats a silly idea, plus people arnt bias when they vote, and people want to know who they are voting for just for their notice.

I actually disagree. I think a lot of people will vote purely in order to give votes to their friends. Look at the previous map contests we've had - only about half the people actually name the map they're voting for, the rest just say 'I vote for X's map!' or whatever.

I also think the votes should be done in secret - have a Poll with member ID turned off. Mods can still see it to make sure nobody's using secondary accounts or whatever. That way nobody gets pressured into voting for a certain map.

No one is going to do that. Think of the BTB category. I can't just rustle up fifteen other people out of nowhere to play those. Even 4v4 would be very difficult to be honest. It would be so much easier/fairer if the admins just judged the maps themselves. I appreciate wanting to involve the community in the process but it just promotes unfairness/bias/rigging.

This is exactly the wrong attitude. Even if you can't get all those people together, you should still be able to work out whether a map will play well or not. If you're incapable of judging how good a map is, you probably shouldn't be voting in a 'How Good Is The Map' contest.

Also, Mods can be biased. If someone submits the two best maps in separate contests right after another, will they still pick them for the second one? Suddenly it's not about whose map is the best, but whether or not you want to risk looking like you favour someone. Community votes - without revealing who the author is - are the fairest way to go about choosing winners.

I actually disagree. I think a lot of people will vote purely in order to give votes to their friends. Look at the previous map contests we've had - only about half the people actually name the map they're voting for, the rest just say 'I vote for X's map!' or whatever.

I also think the votes should be done in secret - have a Poll with member ID turned off. Mods can still see it to make sure nobody's using secondary accounts or whatever. That way nobody gets pressured into voting for a certain map.

This is exactly the wrong attitude. Even if you can't get all those people together, you should still be able to work out whether a map will play well or not. If you're incapable of judging how good a map is, you probably shouldn't be voting in a 'How Good Is The Map' contest.

Also, Mods can be biased. If someone submits the two best maps in separate contests right after another, will they still pick them for the second one? Suddenly it's not about whose map is the best, but whether or not you want to risk looking like you favour someone. Community votes - without revealing who the author is - are the fairest way to go about choosing winners.

I agree and disagree,we probably should have a poll but i know i voted for 'donuts map' because i was on the ipad, and cant be bothered saying the full thing, not being bias.

Hey, whenever Absolute Dog or One has the time, can you download the screenshots from my file share? My GT is Your Happy Dino

I got my map turned in to Absolute Dog, thanks to Vitamin PWN, but I just need someone to get my screenshots out of my file share, manually.

Hey, could Absolute Dog or One go into my file share, and download my maps? I love in Las Vegas so the times are very different and you guys are usually not online i have noticed and I just need my maps checked out so i figured i'd tell you here. I have the screenshots on my phone, and Ill transfer them to my computer in a minute, but please check out my file share the files are right on top.

Hey, whenever Absolute Dog or One has the time, can you download the screenshots from my file share? My GT is Your Happy Dino

I got my map turned in to Absolute Dog, thanks to Vitamin PWN, but I just need someone to get my screenshots out of my file share, manually.

Hey i could go to your file share and take a picture of them with my phone, it's pretty good quality! I'll do it if ya want. :)