Please God NO Armor Abilities!

iCaPWN3d

I think ppl who don't like AAs are just people who didn't want to take the time to adjust to the game before giving up, no offense...

For the most part, I agree. Nothing is more frustrating then learning a new game. Personaly, I get sick of seeing forums fill with people whining about AA and how they dont like them because other players use them more effectively.

I agree, please do not include AA or anything like it in Halo 4. This is not about learning a new game, it is about making wholesale changes that will drive away players, much like the AA's did in Reach. I read that there were over 22 million copies of Reach sold, not to long after the individual accounts playing the game daily dwindled to 100,000 to 120,000. Why do you think this happened? Do you really believe people in Bungie forums complaints were the reason or the was it what they were complaining about? The game used to show as being played by at least 90% of my friend list. That is out of 100 people averaging 35 to 40 online. Now it is maybe 5 to 10, most playing other games, some returning to Halo 3. It is not just me and those who post, but those thousands, tens of thousands that just left. That is a fact that can not be disputed.

For the most part, I agree. Nothing is more frustrating then learning a new game. Personaly, I get sick of seeing forums fill with people whining about AA and how they dont like them because other players use them more effectively.

for me atleast your totally wrong. i have onyx and im a field marshall. so i definitely had time to adjust. but i STILL dont like the change. Ive played halo 3 for years and i just cant see myself playing reach anymore once battlefield 3 comes out. The game is just more frustrating with the combination of armor abilities and bloom.

Well, you can't blame them for not adapting to new things, but we really can't keep the game the same and that's why AA's were implemented. To change the game.

for me atleast your totally wrong. i have onyx and im a field marshall. so i definitely had time to adjust. but i STILL dont like the change. Ive played halo 3 for years and i just cant see myself playing reach anymore once battlefield 3 comes out. The game is just more frustrating with the combination of armor abilities and bloom.

Well, atleast you didnt sum yourself up as EVERYONE that plays Halo, I will give you credit for that. Some poeple think they are fine, some people dont like them, personal preferance. I for one dont care either way.

But chill out, Blaming them wont do a thing, and cancelling armorabilities is not an option, they already showed us the halo 4 trailer, so there is no point in discussion, just wish for a good change in armor abillities

If you are referring to the Chief using what appears to be a jetpack in the trailer read this. This is a Q&A found in GameSpot. Please note only one of the answers appears to be a direct quote:[/font]

As found in GameSpot June 27, 2011

Q: Why does Master Chiefs MJOLNIR Mark VI Armor look completely different?

A: "There's some story behind his new look, there are specific reasons why he looks the way he does and why some of his behaviours have changed. We'll see in good time."- Frank O'Connor regarding Master Chief's "new look".

Q: How come Master Chief has a Jetpack? He didn't in Halo 3.

A: It's actually a Thruster Pack, it allows for greater mobility in Zero-G environments. All MJOLNIR Armored Suits have Thruster Packs. Thruster Packs, however, are next to useless outside of Zero-G environments, where Jetpacks would be far more useful.

Q: What weapon does Master Chief use during the trailer?

A: The weapon appears to be a Pistol/Grenade Launcher hybrid. It fires a singular round that adheres to any surface it connects with. Much like the Grenade Launcher from Halo: Reach it must be reloaded manually after each individual shot.

Um.....does someone have a link to something that confirms AA will be in H4? Not just speculation from a stupid video clip...

No there is not. I have seen only speculative comments, nothing directly from 343 Ind. other than what I have posted under this OP. Only the one comment appears to be a direct quote. All else is speculation. I am hoping that early discussions in these forums on the subject will be read and considered as 343 Ind. develops the Halo 4 game. There is only hope, for me at least, that the new game will be an advancement of the series but not include the AA's and skill leveling found in Reach.

No there is not. I have seen only speculative comments, nothing directly from 343 Ind. other than what I have posted under this OP. Only the one comment appears to be a direct quote. All else is speculation. I am hoping that early discussions in these forums on the subject will be read and considered as 343 Ind. develops the Halo 4 game. There is only hope, for me at least, that the new game will be an advancement of the series but not include the AA's and skill leveling found in Reach.

Ok, so these dudes are acting like life as they know it is over for no reason? Cool. I dont care if it has AA in it or not. I dont see it as skill leveling, just more **** to learn how to deal with, thats why it took me a little while to get used to reach. but, if they arnt in there, thats fine, i will go back to shooting people in the face with out the hologram. :)

It has already been confirmed that they're in the game, but they have been (majorly) nerfed. DON'T hassle me about the link 'cause I can't find it...

It hasn't been confirmed.

I agree, OP. AAs are horrible ideas for Halo. No one can give me a legit reason for their inclusion in Halo 4 other than, "Halo's getting stale so we need to spice it up!" In which case I say, "play a bloody different game you bugger!" If you get bored of playing chess, you don't campaign for chess to be changed! You play a different game!

• Like 1