The Official Halo 4 News Board

Azaxx

I am sure most of you have heard, but the game informer cover of H4 has been leaked. SOmeone scanned the entire article onto the internet. After spending the last 20 minutes reading it, I can safely say that Halo 4 looks like the biggest fail of a game I have ever seen. I am sorry, I had high hopes for this, but as far as reach was a departure from H3 and H2, this takes the cake. For those of you that do not know I will sum up, AA's are back and you can purchase them at higher levels like CoD, Sprint is standard, weapon spawn are not set, they are drop podded in to prevent skilled players from being skilled, they are adding in X-Ray vision to see through walls and prevent anyone 1 shot or protecting the now random power weapons from staying hidden, there is instant respawns to completely F-Over anyone who just won a BR fight and it 1 shot and hasn't already been cleaned up by an xray toting idiot, and you can join in-progress games to put a definitive NO on the "will there be a 1 - 50 true-skill system like in H3?" question. Halo 4 sounds completely moronic. Let me explain all that is wrong with those changes.

1. Instant Spawns - THIS IS NOT COD!!! You are not 1 shot 100% of the time like in cod where that mechanic doesn't matter. In Halo you have shields and require 4 shots. If you are playing a game and you kill someone they can just instant-spawn back and kill you while your shields are low. Effectively shafting better players because they had the audacity to be better than an other player and kill them, oops, your dead for being better.

2. Jet-Packs and other AA's - Jet-packs destroy map design, plain and simple. Armor abilities in general do nothing more than screw up a good flowing MP experience. Why should someone carry around the right to be invisible any time they want, or have temporary invincibility to save all unskilled players from a certain death, nope, armor lock to again destroy the better player who had them dead. Don't even get me started on this new Forerunner Vision X-Ray garbage. That is quite possibly one of the worst ideas I have ever heard. Okay, now you can no longer hold onto a weapon, retreat when 1 shot, or plan an attack without the other players knowing exactly what you are doing. OMG, this makes me mad just thinking about it. X-Ray vision again takes a shot at the knees to players who actually took the time to become acclimated to the game and, oh God, were loyal to the series and played enough to get a thing I like to call anticipation.

3. Randomly Spawning Weapons - Okay, lets continue to chop down the loyal, regularly playing fan-base by not allowing them to time weapons or the now non-existent power-ups. Timing weapons is something simple that every player can do, but only the good ones ever seemed to remember to do, so what dose 343 do now, oh, lets see, take yet another thing away from the competitive Halo base. The excuse, "it ads more points of focus to the game." Okay, great, not the team winning by 3 with 2 seconds left gets a rocket spawning in the middle of their base, what does the other team get, plasma pistol, GREAT IDEA!.....Why couldn't you leave something as simple as weapon spawns alone, my goodness could you mess anything else up?

4. Joining in game sessions - YES YOU CAN! So now to fix the problem of quitters, you get join mid game. Okay, common scenario, oh, i join a game, my team has 12, the other team, 49 and 50 as I join, oops, there is a loss that I got without participating. There goes my 50..... oh yeah, there is no 50 because if you had them, you'd probably need to buy a few hundred thousand TVs for raging gamers who put their controllers through theirs. Now, just like reach and every other non-competitive POS game on the market there is no skill measuring system, just a stupid RPG style if you spend time you will rank up system, lovely.

Final Thoughts. Why does this game go from being oh boy, a return to the classic halo series that was so successful to boy what a POS this will be. It is like 343 has taken a battle axe to the players who loved the game and spent time on it to get good and gave a big fat F U to everyone who liked and was good at Halo. Now all us 50's from H3 will get to be put on par with first timers since there is no more hiding or escaping, no more player intuition, no more timing, NO MORE SKILL OR REASON TO PLAY. So let me take this time to give a thank you to Bungie for making H1, H2, and H3 the best competitive games on the market (I will forgive Reach), and give a than you to 343i for making me drop the last part of my childhood I was looking to hold on to and destroying the best MP game on the market and thank you again for removing all stat tracking from H3 and destroying the last game I love and any evidence that Halo ever had a good game in the series. I guess you guys all thought that video games were juvenile and that we all should grow up. Guess I'll be, and it burns my tongue to say this, playing CoD from now on, at least they improve their games, even if they still aren't as good as H3 or H2.

P.S. For anyone who doubts my information I have attached the link to the scanned in article, take a gander and you can be the judge. Goodbye to anyone who I played with or against over the years, best wishes everyone, and finally, Goodbye Halo, you will be missed.

Article:

http://gamingsquid.c...former-magazine

trolling must be fun. but just because AA are back does not mean its going to work like reach. the spawning and loadouts are not like cod. hell have you even read anything other then this because 343i clarified alot of this stuff online and on the april sparkast. really this artical took things way out of context as instent spawns are only an option in freeforall or slayer. join is session is not for competitive playlists. random weapon spawns are not in random places the weapon that drops is just random so a power weapons will always spawn in the same places just the weapon at that spot will be random. idk maybe you wrote this before all this was clarified but this should releave you a little. PS stop comparing it to COD!
  • Like 1

This is the Official topic for all new news coming for Halo 4.

As new information is released, this topic will be updated.

[NOTE] this topic just had a Major update, clean up and new information.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

-CAMPAIGN-

The campaign will start with Elites and Grunts attacking the Foward Unto Dawn frigate that the Master Chief is in, with Cortana 'needing' Chief's help. While he was asleep, Cortana rewrote his HUD so we will see "subtle parallax movement during athletic actions and more visual cues that indicate the presence of a helmet." The elites and grunts are not part of the Covenant we know of.

You meet the main bad guys later when Master Chief and Cortana move from Forward Unto Dawn to the Dyson Sphere-like Forerunner shield world, Requiem.

The new enemies play different from either the Covenant or the Flood according to 343 Industries and each enemy "build on and accentuates the abilities of the others."

The flood has been confirmed, NOT to be in the campaign, this was told by Frank O'Conner

*SPOILERS* The game starts off with the Ship been broken into, Cortana gets chief out of cryo and he and cortana make their way out almost been flown out of space, an elite comes out and attacks the Master Chief, but he throws it down a shaft, this leaves the Master Chief questioning their truce with the Elites.*SPOILERS*

On the Covenant front, Jackals are confirmed to return yet again but will have slightly modified faces that look like "an evil crossbreed between a shark and an iguana" according to the Power Play piece. That appears to fit the change with the other Covenant troops as both the Elite and Grunt have also taken on a slightly different and more sinister appearance.

Per Power Play, the Plasma Rifle is being replaced by what is called a "Covenant Assault Rifle" that spews a "storm of blue balls." This sounds similar to the existing Plasma Repeater so we aren't sure if this is a new weapon or just an upgrade to an old one.

The energy sword is also coming back with the elites, and plasma pistol for the grunts

-MULTIPLAYER-

One of the new maps shown by 343industries Warhouse, was designed for small slayer games and taken stratospheric-gas mining ship look and even has NASA gas giant imagery incorporated into the map. The map has been designed for close quarter usage, and has many landmarks so players don't get lost in the map. Fans of the Halo 2 maps will be reminded by the mining map of Colossus and the map is very symmetrical in many places.

The Game Informer article mentioned respawning instantly while playing the new Free-For-All multiplayer mode called Regicide. While that is the case in Free-For-All, it is not in objective based modes according to a post by 343 Industries David Ellis

Forerunner Vision was initially billed as an armor ability that lets you see through walls according to the Game Informer article. While not actually saying how it works, 343's Frank O'Connor did rule out a couple of ways the ability could work.

Forerunner Vision has been explained by 343i saying it is actually more akin to the visor mode from Halo 3: ODST which provides players with better situational awareness. It's more like a sonar motion tracker that has a set distance and delay. Forerunner Vision can be countered because other players within your visual range can hear it.

Moving from set weapon spawn points to random drops across the multiplayer map was also raised as a concern by vocal members of the Halo community. "The weapon drops are not 'random'," O'Connor explained. "They are telegraphed and in some ways, predictable. There is variation, however. Map control will still be key, but yes, changed. Custom games will be heavily customizeable, and initial playlists will be clean and focused. Players will not be presented with stacks of lists, but there will be variety for different tastes."

The hologram, jetpack, and active camo will make a return in Halo 4.

Not much detail was given as to why elites will not see multiplayer combat,

Regicide is a variation of free for all. I think it's similar to VIP. Regicide, as stated by the article, "sets the leading scorer as the king. Every opponent that the king kills raises his bounty; other players have to kill the king to claim the reward."Immediately after you die, by tapping the X button you are sent back into the match. So to solve the quitting problem, 343 implemented the ability to join games that are in-progress.

Spartan Points is the new currency system in Halo 4. They will buy things such as armor, armor abilities, Spartan Ops missions

So not only is sprint in the game, but it is a standard armor ability. You do not need to pick it up, it will always be available. You do not need to buy it with your Spartan Points, you will always have it equipped no matter what. So essentially, you can have two armor abilities.

The Firefight we know of is NOT returning in Halo 4, though 343industries have gievn hints that the new feature, Spartan Ops will be its replacement...more information about that coming soon.

Halo 4's multiplayer takes place aboard the Infinity, an advanced human vessel with a full complement of super-tough Spartan IVs. Among other things, the ship's equipped with a truly epic holodeck, which generates all the maps used for traditional competitive multiplayer.

Armor Lock was removed because it ruined the flow and balance of multiplayer but all remaining armor abilities from Reach have been tweaked.

There are timers set for when the next weapon spawns come and players will get an audio cue in the form of a giant boom as the weapons are dropped from space on to the map. Watch out though as getting hit by a weapon drop can kill you.

Subtle indicators will appear on the screen to show players what weapons have dropped and their general direction. When those indicators disappear, that means someone has picked that weapon up.

-FORGE-

The forge is confirmed to return as it is a strong feature that 343industries believe is a main focal point of the game. "It’s something as a studio we very strongly believe in" and that 343 would contine "to invest in that toolset."

-MUSIC-

The sound of weapons, vehicles and even the running on a metal floor has had heavy work on it, "guns need to sound as realistic as impossible". Audio director Sotaro Tojima chimed in with his own thoughts for the Halo 4 audio calling the game the story of Master Chief and Cortana.

"Provide a sense of reality with sophisticated sound design to bring you into a believable world.

Achieve a memorable, dramatic experience with great music and sounds well synced with the story beat and your gameplay.

Share a delightful memory with all fans providing an iconic melody."

343 Community Manager Jessica Shea said;

"The goal is to make the music of the story fit not only the gameplay, but also the player’s emotional circumstances."

343industries have announced there new composer for the trilogy, his name, Neil Davidge. Neil is a British composer and producer, and has played Halo since 2001. 343industries have also posted a video on his new track.

-CHARACTERS-

The Master chief story will be told thoroughly in the new trilogy, as it is a main theme of the new games.

"In Halo 4, we are interested in doing something the franchise does well on the book side, and that’s helping shape the narrative. Halo is a compelling and deep universe, and we want to tell the story of this bio-engineered super-soldier."..."there’s a lot of character depth behind that helmet that has yet to make its way into the game experience. Every person who was allowed to touch him had to, HAD TO, understand his history as a person"

-MISCELLANEOUS-

Recently, 343 industries have confirmed that the DMR will return with the Battle Rifle while the bubble shield will not make a return, but no reason has been given for this absence. This information was confirmed by Frank O'Connor, Josh Holmes, Kiki Wolfkill and David Ellis. The assault rifle will return and be "beefy" and "sounds amazing".

Microsoft is readying up their advertising partners to begin filming for Halo 4 commercials.

The positions available within the Halo 4 commercial are to suit male or females aged from 18 – 40, who should be able to deliver a range from panic to collected/dutiful in their acting skills.

RELEASE DATE! - for 6th November 2012

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

These are the main point of the news coming from 343industries.

-more coming soon as new information is released.

All new information will be underlined until newer news comes out.

Also this Topic is ONLY for confirmed news, not speculation or rumours

Thanks to King the King for some information on this Topic.

Kill the Kings topic here.!

THat is so cool

Only things I am worried about about this game are the lack of ranked playlists and the join mid game thing. Other than those, I am extremely excited!!

But we don't have concrete info on the ranked playlist and join in progress features, so keep your fingers crossed for both a ranked playlist and a join in progress for social games only.

I am sure most of you have heard, but the game informer cover of H4 has been leaked. SOmeone scanned the entire article onto the internet. After spending the last 20 minutes reading it, I can safely say that Halo 4 looks like the biggest fail of a game I have ever seen. I am sorry, I had high hopes for this, but as far as reach was a departure from H3 and H2, this takes the cake. For those of you that do not know I will sum up, AA's are back and you can purchase them at higher levels like CoD, Sprint is standard, weapon spawn are not set, they are drop podded in to prevent skilled players from being skilled, they are adding in X-Ray vision to see through walls and prevent anyone 1 shot or protecting the now random power weapons from staying hidden, there is instant respawns to completely F-Over anyone who just won a BR fight and it 1 shot and hasn't already been cleaned up by an xray toting idiot, and you can join in-progress games to put a definitive NO on the "will there be a 1 - 50 true-skill system like in H3?" question. Halo 4 sounds completely moronic. Let me explain all that is wrong with those changes.

1. Instant Spawns - THIS IS NOT COD!!! You are not 1 shot 100% of the time like in cod where that mechanic doesn't matter. In Halo you have shields and require 4 shots. If you are playing a game and you kill someone they can just instant-spawn back and kill you while your shields are low. Effectively shafting better players because they had the audacity to be better than an other player and kill them, oops, your dead for being better.

2. Jet-Packs and other AA's - Jet-packs destroy map design, plain and simple. Armor abilities in general do nothing more than screw up a good flowing MP experience. Why should someone carry around the right to be invisible any time they want, or have temporary invincibility to save all unskilled players from a certain death, nope, armor lock to again destroy the better player who had them dead. Don't even get me started on this new Forerunner Vision X-Ray garbage. That is quite possibly one of the worst ideas I have ever heard. Okay, now you can no longer hold onto a weapon, retreat when 1 shot, or plan an attack without the other players knowing exactly what you are doing. OMG, this makes me mad just thinking about it. X-Ray vision again takes a shot at the knees to players who actually took the time to become acclimated to the game and, oh God, were loyal to the series and played enough to get a thing I like to call anticipation.

3. Randomly Spawning Weapons - Okay, lets continue to chop down the loyal, regularly playing fan-base by not allowing them to time weapons or the now non-existent power-ups. Timing weapons is something simple that every player can do, but only the good ones ever seemed to remember to do, so what dose 343 do now, oh, lets see, take yet another thing away from the competitive Halo base. The excuse, "it ads more points of focus to the game." Okay, great, not the team winning by 3 with 2 seconds left gets a rocket spawning in the middle of their base, what does the other team get, plasma pistol, GREAT IDEA!.....Why couldn't you leave something as simple as weapon spawns alone, my goodness could you mess anything else up?

4. Joining in game sessions - YES YOU CAN! So now to fix the problem of quitters, you get join mid game. Okay, common scenario, oh, i join a game, my team has 12, the other team, 49 and 50 as I join, oops, there is a loss that I got without participating. There goes my 50..... oh yeah, there is no 50 because if you had them, you'd probably need to buy a few hundred thousand TVs for raging gamers who put their controllers through theirs. Now, just like reach and every other non-competitive POS game on the market there is no skill measuring system, just a stupid RPG style if you spend time you will rank up system, lovely.

Final Thoughts. Why does this game go from being oh boy, a return to the classic halo series that was so successful to boy what a POS this will be. It is like 343 has taken a battle axe to the players who loved the game and spent time on it to get good and gave a big fat F U to everyone who liked and was good at Halo. Now all us 50's from H3 will get to be put on par with first timers since there is no more hiding or escaping, no more player intuition, no more timing, NO MORE SKILL OR REASON TO PLAY. So let me take this time to give a thank you to Bungie for making H1, H2, and H3 the best competitive games on the market (I will forgive Reach), and give a than you to 343i for making me drop the last part of my childhood I was looking to hold on to and destroying the best MP game on the market and thank you again for removing all stat tracking from H3 and destroying the last game I love and any evidence that Halo ever had a good game in the series. I guess you guys all thought that video games were juvenile and that we all should grow up. Guess I'll be, and it burns my tongue to say this, playing CoD from now on, at least they improve their games, even if they still aren't as good as H3 or H2.

P.S. For anyone who doubts my information I have attached the link to the scanned in article, take a gander and you can be the judge. Goodbye to anyone who I played with or against over the years, best wishes everyone, and finally, Goodbye Halo, you will be missed.

Article:

just telling you that halo 4 will not be a bad game because a lot of bungie employees joined after halo 3 and created 343i so they know their stuff and all that :laughing: and for the weapon drops i doubt they will have winning team get a rocket and the losing team get a plasma pistol all im asking you is to give halo 4 a few tries when it comes out please just give it some tries

I'm going to miss you Martie...

Halo's audio was always the best, this new guy has HUGE shoes to fill.

Looks like I'll only be playing competitive playlists in H4; if I end up hating it, I'll at least play the campaign. I owe the series that much. Bungie is currently developing another sci-fi shooter, one separate from Halo, so if H4 tanks I can look forward to that.

343 has huge expectations; Halo fans are usually more mature, and more critical than CoD fans. Instant respawns, killcams, and custom loadouts are not something that I want to have, but if they're optional in MP I guess I can deal.

This new enemy shouldn't take Halo in a whole new direction; Right now I think they're probably Forerunner in origin, but introducing another faction into the game is not what fans want to hear about. What happened to the Covenant? Is the Arbiter still alive? Did we really save Earth? Are there forerunners still alive, presumably in one of the Arks?

Halo 1-3 was full of biblical metaphors, great audio, stunning visuals, and skill based gameplay.

343, you better get this right.

I know I'm not writing a book like everyone else who's posting here, but here is a 343 Video breakdown of the e3 campain demo. It includes a bid of extra footage (testing light rifle and scatter shot) and is the best informative vid I have found yet. Skip to 50 seconds into the vid and enjoy. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dadCuKCyEfo

Source - IGN

Remove - AL, Jetpack. Add - 1-50 ranking system for competitive, I'm happy. I think this 'x-ray vision' AA will be A good addition, besides, if everyone in a game has it no-one is disadvantaged are they? Just because they can see you through a wall, doesn't mean they get a free kill on you. This will also teach players good and bad to be more tactically aware, watch their 6, check their corners and be team orientated.

Article:

THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS. IT MAKES ME QUESTION WHETHER OR NOT I WILL SPEND MY MONEY ON A GAME THAT BETRAYS WHAT THE FANS WANT.